How Samsung is Shaping the Future of Business with its Mobile B2B Solutions at IFA 2019
Samsung Electronics’ B2B devices and solutions are developed for the way business is being done today. Thanks to an extensive global partnership network and a supply chain that runs from R&D through to network, Samsung’s mobile B2B strategy is open, innovative and secure. From the retail, transportation, healthcare and finance industries through to the public service and government sectors, Samsung is paving the way for businesses to stay connected, securely and safely.
At this year’s IFA event, Samsung announced the launch of its SoftPOS solution, which is based on the company’s partnership with First Data, PayCore and Visa. Requiring no additional hardware, this mobile device solution easily and securely transforms Samsung mobile handsets into Europay, Master Card, or Visa (EMV)-based contactless payment terminals, and is set to lead a mobile retail revolution. Supported by Samsung Knox, SoftPOS supports all global payment schemes and is compatible with all Samsung mobile devices1 and existing mobile EMV payment options.
But this SoftPOS solution is not the only leading B2B solution being showcased at IFA. Samsung Newsroom invites you to take a closer look at the full range of Samsung’s latest mobile B2B solutions.
Solutions and Devices Designed to Meet Enterprise Needs
At IFA, Samsung is showcasing a product portfolio replete with the latest in durable products and solutions designed for the full gamut of working conditions and situations.
This portfolio is led by three devices custom-built for users that lead rugged lifestyles; the Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy XCover 4s and the Galaxy XCover FieldPro. These sturdy devices are appropriate not only for harsher environments, but also fit the modern needs of a wide range of industries, from public service and automobile to retail and conference.
The Galaxy Tab Active Pro is the latest in the Galaxy Tab Active range set for release later this fall. This 10-inch tablet is uniquely suitable for business as well as rugged work conditions, and delivers an immersive viewing experience thanks to its larger display fitted with a variety of solutions that enable users to engage more efficiently when undertaking business. The Galaxy Tab Active Pro also supports Samsung DeX, meaning that workers in the field can now make use of a PC-like experience on-site or at the office.
The compact, rugged Galaxy XCover 4s boasts both durability and portability with its 5.0-inch screen, 16-megapixel front camera, IP68 water and dust rating, and removable battery. Samsung has also developed a solution to help ensure the safety of workers engaged in sectors from the public service industry to the logistics industry – the Galaxy XCover FieldPro. The Galaxy XCover FieldPro provides water and dust resistance (IP68) and also complies with the United States Military Standard MIL-STD 810G. The Galaxy XCover FieldPro is also fitted with a dedicated, programmable button that allows the Push-to-talk (PTT) communication feature, which utilizes interwork with third-party PTT solution partners. The resulting solution is a PTT mobile application that offers a range of communication options, including Lone Worker Protection and GPS Localization for use in emergency situations.
In order to best meet the diverse needs of all B2B customers, Samsung has collaborated with a variety of partners to create leading device convergence solutions, a range of which are on display at IFA 2019:
- Integrated Tablet Case and Cradle Workstation: This market-first solution was designed to improve tablet users’ productivity as well as provide rugged protection while on the go. Thanks to the integrative connectivity of Samsung DeX, the cradle workstation allows the Galaxy Tab Active Pro to be easily docked and connected to a monitor for seamless productivity.
- AR Platform: This augmented reality (AR) solution was designed to improve access to mobile information sharing among enterprises, and specifically for repair industries. The AR platform for mobile devices lets users aggregate information and create step-by-step maintenance manuals that they can access anywhere, anytime.
- Docking and Mounting Station: For industries that require working on the go, Samsung has developed a docking and mounting station that can be used for a range of applications, including vehicle mounting. This station is lightweight and portable, streamlining the productivity of a mobile working environment.
- Thermal Imaging Technology Solution: Thermal Imaging Technology provides a range of uses and benefits to industries from public service through to construction. The solution lets workers turn their Galaxy XCover 4s or Galaxy Tab Active Pro into a powerful thermal imaging camera, and is ideal for situations where users need to quickly detect faults, water damage or energy loss, and for identifying the presence of animals or people in dark working conditions.
- Barcode/RFID Scanning Solution: Samsung has developed a barcode/RFID scanning solution for the Galaxy XCover 4s and the Galaxy Tab Active2 for use in the retail, warehousing and construction industries. This solution provides professional barcode scanning and both long and short-range RFID reading capabilities that are optimized for fast and accurate data transmission.
Secure, Connected, and Collaborative Solutions
Samsung’s IFA 2019 B2B booth is also showcasing the company’s leading B2B device and solution convergence capabilities, founded on the defense-grade security of the Samsung Knox platform.
Samsung Galaxy Enterprise Edition is Samsung’s comprehensive mobile security solution for businesses in all sectors. It is equipped with Samsung Knox security, including the over-the-air bulk configuration and customization feature, Knox Configure. Knox Configure ensures that mobile devices used for specific business contexts can be quickly set up, synced, branded and transformed into professional kiosk devices with as much ease as possible.
Samsung Knox Enterprise Firmware Over the Air (E-FOTA) is another of Samsung’s leading B2B security solutions. With Knox E-FOTA, an IT admin can remotely control OS security updates and manage a stable IT environment on workforce devices.
Developed for when technical difficulties arise at the workplace, Samsung Enterprise Technical Support (ETS) is a premium technical support service for businesses. ETS offers a wide range of support capabilities thanks to Samsung’s unique position in developing hardware, OS and enhanced security solutions. With each business granted a single point of contact within Samsung’s team of mobility experts, ETS provides custom solutions and troubleshooting, should the need arise. for customers experiencing difficulties.
James Pak, Vice President of B2B Product Management Group at Samsung Electronics said of the promising future of Samsung’s B2B solutions: “Samsung continues to lead the enterprise mobility market with innovative solutions and an open partner ecosystem. Our latest rugged devices with Samsung Knox security and next-generation network and device convergence solutions will further enable a new era of digital transformation for our enterprise customers.”
1 All Samsung phones and tablets with NFC and Android OS 4.4+ are compatible with the SoftPOS solution.
Products > Mobile