Samsung Electronics Received 50 Awards at the International Design Excellence Awards 2023Share open/close
The Company received one Silver and three Bronze awards, as well as 46 Finalists for innovative design solutions that elevate consumer lifestyles and experience
Samsung Electronics today announced a recognition for its design excellence from the International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2023, including one Silver and three Bronze awards as well as 46 Featured Finalists.
IDEA — one of the world’s most prestigious design awards programs — is held by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA). Founded in 1980, IDEA acknowledges achievements in industrial design. This year, IDEA has selected winners in 20 categories, including Home, Consumer Technology and Digital Interaction. Key criteria for evaluation also include Design Innovation, Benefit to User, Benefit to Society and more.
Samsung’s design reflects the company’s changing values and innovative technology. The company was recognized for its excellence in design centered on consumer lifestyle and experiences.
Emphasizing the importance of a “human-centered design philosophy” TM Roh, President and Head of the Corporate Design Center at Samsung Electronics, said, “We will continue to make efforts to enrich our customers’ lives with designs that are harmonious with their environment, as well as essential designs that prioritize the product’s clarity of purpose.”
Samsung earned one Silver award for the following cutting-edge product:
- The Bespoke AirDresser, a clothing cleaner that meets the needs of consumers who want faster and easier clothing care, uses AI to provide a more convenient and hygienic clothing management experience.
Samsung earned three Bronze awards for the following harmonious designs:
- The Bespoke Water Purifier features a built-in design that installs a water purification module under the sink and harmonizes with the kitchen space by enabling the customer to select a faucet color that suits their preferences and tastes.
- The Bespoke AI™ Laundry boasts a convenient washer-and-dryer-integrated design, a slot height that anyone can conveniently use, and a control panel that can operate both the washer and dryer.
- The Bespoke Jet Bot AI+ enhances autonomous driving functions through AI smart control and by recognizing and distinguishing obstacles with 3D sensors.
From Product to UX Design, a Total of 50 Awards for TVs, Home Appliances and Smartphones
In the Product category, a wide range of Samsung designs were named Finalists, including:
- The new QLED 8K, a TV that produces an immersive experience with an infinity screen.
- The Solarcell Remote, a TV remote control that has a solar panel for convenient charging rather than disposable batteries.
- The Galaxy Z Flip4 and Galaxy Z Fold4, smartphones which maximize the user experience with a large cover display in a new form factor.
- The Galaxy Book 3 Pro Series, a notebook that provides a more convenient user experience with a premium slim metal design and connectivity with a wide range of Galaxy products.
In other categories, Samsung’s designs that consider accessibility and surroundings were named Featured Finalists, including:
- Gesture UX, which enables the control of TV screens and subtitles based on hand gesture recognition to improve the viewing experience of users with hearing impairments.
- Samsung Space Tycoon, a virtual space and management simulation game on the Roblox metaverse platform in which users can create and play games and share experiences using Samsung products.