Samsung Electronics Wins 71 iF Design AwardsShare open/close
The Company recognized for design excellence that elevate consumer lifestyles from product to service design
Samsung Electronics today announced that it has received a record high of 71 awards at the world-renowned International Forum (iF) Design Award 2021. Samsung won two Gold Awards as part of 36 prizes for Product Design, 10 for Professional Concepts, 11 for Communication Design, 5 for Packaging Design, and 9 for User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) and Service Design.
The Gold Award honors were given to BESPOKE AX9000N air purifier and BESPOKE City Color Edition. BESPOKE AX9000N air purifier was recognized for its innovative concept of letting the consumers choose the purifier’s front part design according to the consumers’ lifestyle.
In addition, the BESPOKE City Color Edition panel collection was recognized for its range of colors and materials for kitchen appliances including refrigerators, induction cooktops, and ovens. The BESPOKE City Color Edition offers color palettes inspired by various cities such as Stockholm, Berlin, and Seoul.
“It is important to provide differentiated experience to the consumers and add meaningful value to their lives,” said Dontae Lee, Executive Vice President and the Head of Corporate Design Center at Samsung Electronics. “We will make more effort to provide designs that contribute to the society and the lives of our consumers through new insights and innovative approaches.”
In the Product category, a wide range of Samsung designs won awards, including:
- QLED 8K, TV which uses the infinity screen design that maximizes immersion by reducing the bezel.
- The Premiere, the premium projector for the home equipped with Triple Laser and Ultra Short Throw technology.
- WW8000T Washer & DV8000T Dryer that can be stacked vertically, horizontally, or as a stand-alone depending on the available space.
- Galaxy Z Fold2 and Galaxy Z Flip, smartphones which provide the unique and innovative user experience of foldable smartphones.
In other categories, Samsung’s designs that consider accessibility and environment have won awards including:
- WW8000T Washer & DV8000T Dryer UX with smart and easy usability, featuring Braille labels and sound feedback design to indicate different cycles or temperature settings for enhanced accessibility.
- Eco-Packaging – a sustainable product packaging that facilitates the upcycling of the boxes.
Organized by iF International Forum Design GmbH, the iF Design Award contest started in Germany in 1953. The Award comprehensively evaluates based on its criteria, which include differentiation and impact, in 9 disciplines & categories – Product, Packaging, Communication, Professional Concept, Interior Architecture, Architecture, Service Design, User Experience (UX), and User Interface (UI).
iF Design Award 2021 winners are announced online through the iF Design Award website and iF Design application. For more information, please visit https://ifworlddesignguide.com.