Turn Red Hearts Green at Samsung 837X for Valentine’s Day. Here’s how!
- Samsung brings people together in the metaverse again with an exciting new sustainability-themed quest at Samsung 837X, designed to Turn Red Hearts Green this Valentine’s Day.
- It kicks off tomorrow at 10am EST with the livestream of Galaxy Unpacked, a first for Samsung in the metaverse.
- Opened in January, Samsung 837X welcomed a record-setting 52,000 visitors at launch who explored fun experiences unlocked by Samsung technology.
Calling all Samsung fans in the metaverse, who have a soft spot for the environment, too. We’re back with a brand new quest in Samsung 837X, an immersive virtual world in Decentraland modeled after the company’s flagship store in New York City. The new experience highlights sustainability and the everyday changes we can all make to have meaningful impact on the environment.
It all starts tomorrow, February 9 at 10am EST. For the first time ever in the metaverse, fans can watch Galaxy Unpacked live in the Connectivity Theater, where we’ll set an epic new standard for smartphones with the most noteworthy S series yet (you can watch here on the Samsung U.S. Newsroom, too!).
That’s when the scavenger hunt quest begins. From the 837X lobby, a new character will guide players on how to do the quest. Then, in and around the building, visitors will be able to find up to 10 recyclable product boxes that can be upcycled into something magical. When complete, players will receive a seed to plant a tree in the Sustainability Forest and earn a special Non-Fungible Token (NFT) badge. They’ll be instructed to return on February 14 – Valentine’s Day – to finish the quest and get their unique wearable by showing love for the forest. There will be more surprises along the way, including an Easter egg hunt for another super exclusive NFT badge.
Samsung 837X opened its doors in January at CES 2022, leading visitors on an immersive journey through the Connectivity Theater, Sustainability Forest and Customization Stage. The initial launch drew 52,000 unique visitors in just two days – one of the most ever for a Decentraland experience. Players wowed us by collecting 149,000 NFT badges at launch, with more than 90% of visitors claiming at least one badge and the majority of which claiming all four. The new quest is a tribute to Samsung fans who made the debut a success. 837X is just another way Samsung offers people next-level experiences and connects with them where technology and culture collide.
Samsung keeps sustainability at the heart of everything we do, from our products to our people to our operations. In particular:
- Sustainable Materials: We’ve used 220K tons of recycled plastic in our products globally since 2009
- Responsible Recycling: We collect and repurpose or recycle an average of 100MM pounds of e-waste in the U.S. annually
- Energy Efficiency: We’ve helped reduce more than 301 million metric tons of C02 emissions with energy efficient product improvements
- Renewable Energy: All Samsung facilities in the U.S. use 100% renewable energy
Check out more about Samsung’s commitment to sustainability as well as tips and tricks to live a more eco-conscious life here. And to learn more about Samsung 837X and how to access our virtual world, click here.
See you at Samsung 837X!