Flippin’ Fantastic! The Bake King Reveals the Ultimate Flip-able Pancake Fit For Your Feed
Flippin’ disasters are no more as The Bake King shows us how he ‘flips it in 8K’, shooting his pancake day successes on the new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
London, UK – 15 February 2021 – From classic crepes to soufflé pancakes, Shrove Tuesday unites foodies and ambitious chefs alike in their quest to create the perfect pancake – and the content to go with it. To celebrate the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Series, Samsung has enlisted the help of baking sensation The Bake King – known for his optical illusion bakes and Netflix ‘Extreme Cake Makers’ – to share the perfect winning formula for the most flip-able pancake.
Whether it’s pancakes being ready for action but the shots getting missed, or crepes crinkling and refusing to take flight for that live action post, there are plenty of ways in which Pancake Day can fall flat. Well, flippin’ disasters are a thing of the past this Pancake Day thanks to The Bake King’s ultimate flip-able pancake tips and Samsung’s most advanced pro-grade camera system on the epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G device.
Designed to make the everyday epic, The Bake King used the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G device to get the best shots of his impressive colourful pancakes – inspired by the Phantom colour palette of the new range – capturing those fleeting pancake flips in-action. Using the Single Take feature, which captures up-to 15 seconds of footage, the artificial intelligence within the phone’s camera delivers a whole host of different stylized shots and cut-downs which are already social worthy, ready to pull out the best shots post-pancake flip. The improved 8K Video Snap allows every star baker to take crystal clear 33MB images straight out of 8K videos, so flipping video footage and pancake stack stills can both be captured and shared – without missing that all important moment.
Ben Cullen, The Bake King, comments:
“Pancake Day is one of my favourite days of the year! It seems to be the main day that attracts everyone to have a go at baking, which is always a main goal of mine. There’s so much fun to be had on Pancake Day and the competition always reaches new heights as everyone wants to be the star baker and top flipper. With this year being so different and so many people apart, there is even more reason to share fun flips (and fails!) with family and friends – we all need a good laugh! I’m a perfectionist, so shooting in 8K on the new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G has truly raised the bar for me to capture the perfect flip shot! Making pancakes is such a simple thing, but only if you know how, so I hope my Ultimate Flip-able Pancake formula allows people to up their pancake game – and add a little colour to their week!”
Looking to create the Ultimate Flip-able Pancake? Follow The Bake King’s formula, and biggest pancake fails to avoid:
The Bake King’s Ultimate Flip-able Pancake Formula
- A new / clean non-stick pan will always give the best pancake results. A dirty pan or a pan with scratches will cause less than perfect results.
- Give your pan a quick wipe around and oil / re-fresh between each pancake. This will stop any burning and keep each pancake looking perfect.
- Check the underside of your pancake – just lift up one edge and look under. Flipping excessively will inevitably make the bake uneven.
- Try and get the perfect photo-finished look for social media. Don’t put on your drizzle toppings too soon; and make sure your camera is ready to go! The new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G shoots in 8K and allows you to snap high res stills from the video, meaning that mid-air shot won’t be missed.
- If you’re feeding a big family, then have two pans at staggered intervals – this way you can be cleaning and re-prepping one pan as a separate batch is cooking – work smarter not harder!
- Check your angles for the perfect flip shot, try shooting from below for added effect, and make sure the pancake doesn’t cover your face mid-air!
- Add some personal flair to standout, like food colouring or different shapes – I’m loving the new Phantom Violet colour of the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, so I couldn’t resist making a violet pancake!
The Bake King’s Top Pancake Fails:
- Not heating up your oil or butter in the pan before pouring in your first lot of mixture. This will affect the pancakes consistency.
- Over beating your mix. This will stop your pancakes from being fluffy and instead make them dense.
- Leaving the mix sat too long before making your pancakes…. For best results you should only let your mix rest for up to 30 minutes before making the pancakes.
- Not committing to the flip… I’ve been here myself many times! Getting the motion right when flipping is crucial, or you may just end up folding your pancake in half it should be a quick sharp motion – commit to it.
- A yearly fail is trying to capture the perfect ‘flip’ photo where the pancake is mid-air… I have many of these fails saved in my camera roll, but the new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G will put a stop to that this year! With the 8K Video Snap feature, I can film the whole flip in 8K and then select the perfect image afterwards… in super high quality. Your insta followers will never know!
“Pancake Day is an opportunity to get creative, and The Bake King’s ultimate flip-able pancake reflects how technology can inspire creativity in fresh and exciting ways. Whilst smartphones are at the heart of communication, they’re also modes of self-expression and discovery, which The Bake King’s Phantom Violet pancake inspired by the new pantones of the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G reflects,” said Sharon Hegarty, Marketing Director, Samsung Electronics UK & Ireland. “With the advanced pro-grade camera and 8K video quality you’re guaranteed to never miss a shot, so let’s have fun this pancake day and make it epic!”
For over a decade, the Samsung Galaxy S series has delivered ground-breaking, mobile experiences for people who rely on their smartphone for expression, connection and entertainment. For users who demand a flagship mobile experience, with pro-grade camera innovations and top-of-the-line performance, at various price points, the Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G and Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G deliver in every category — and then some.
For more information about Galaxy S21 5G, please visit https://news.samsung.com/uk/