Rustle Up Restaurant Favourites in Your Own Kitchen
Samsung KX collaborates with Sri Lankan hotspot, Hoppers, to bring the ultimate connected culinary experience to diners at home
LONDON, England –18th February 2021 – Shake up dinner time with the Samsung KX connected culinary experience; a snappy cooking demo hosted in collaboration with award-winning restaurant, Hoppers King’s Cross.
Famous for its Sri Lankan and South Indian cuisine, guests across the UK are invited to tune in for epic food inspiration with Hoppers Director, Karan Gokani, who rustles up signature dish, ‘Banana Leaf Bream’. Boasting a show stopping spicy fish supper, this recipe guarantees to get taste buds tingling.
This marks part one in the ‘Restaurants from Home with Samsung KX’ series, which will see local chefs and restaurateurs revealing how to create the nation’s top dine out dishes, powered by the latest Samsung technology, for viewers to try at home.
Once the hard work is done, guests can expect mouth-watering snaps of his final dish captured using food mode with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, a flagship for the bold that pushes the boundaries of what a smartphone can do. This cutting-edge new device offers a best-in-class epic camera experience, with Samsung’s most advanced pro-grade camera system, enabling users to capture stunning, studio-quality photos in various settings, or shoot and edit videos with a toolbox of new AI-powered features that elevate every shot.
Karan shares his top tips for enhancing the at-home Hoppers experience:
- Compliment the spices of the fish dish with a zingy side salad, tossing the leaves with punchy flavours such as root ginger and fresh lime. Pair with a chilled bottle of dry Riesling for the ultimate finish.
- If you’re going all out with three courses, ensure that you include a cold starter, keeping your Bream on a low temperature whilst you eat, and have a pre-prepared dessert. In fact, if you have a Samsung Dual Cook Flex™ , the dual door system allows you to cook two dishes at different temperatures so you can bake your sweet treat, whilst your main keeps warm!
- If you are making this for a special occasion, you can elevate the setting with some bright florals, candles and focus on the finer details such as tying the cutlery into a bundle with ribbon for a focal point on your plate. Most importantly, have good music to set the mood. For a fully immersive Hoppers experience, we’ve shared a link to our favourite playlist!
Watch this easy how-to demo available now on the Samsung KX Hub. The full ingredients and equipment list to recreate the dish is listed below:
Hopper’s Banana Leaf Bream (Serves two)
- 1 whole sea bream scaled and gutted, or 2 fillets
- 150g fresh coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 green chillies
- 1 stem fresh lemongrass, (remove the drier, huskier layers and use only the first 2-3 inches of the white bit at the bottom)
- 3 tbsp fresh grated coconut, or 2 tbsp desiccated coconut soaked for 30 mins
- 6-8 curry leaves (ideally fresh)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cardamom pod, seeds only
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/3 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, or any neutral oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime, to serve
- 1 large fresh Banana Leaf (you can use baking paper if you can’t find fresh banana leaves)
- Kitchen Foil
- A food processor or blender
- Side salad of your choice and bottle of Riesling (optional)
*Please note all production activity supports social distancing, in line with government guidelines.
Press Resources > Press Release