Products > Mobile
Press Resources > Press Release
Samsung Pay Welcomes John Lewis Partnership Card
Samsung Electronics today announced that its digital wallet, Samsung Pay, is now available to John Lewis and Waitrose Partnership Card customers in the UK. Simple, secure and almost anywhere, Samsung Pay enables users to make faster and smarter purchases directly via a number of Samsung devices*. Additionally, Galaxy Note8, S8 or S8+ users can take advantage of the innovative iris scanner technology to authorise payments, providing a new level of biometric security to ensure peace of mind.
In addition to the Partnership Card, Samsung Pay supports American Express, Mastercard and Visa, as well as cards issued by the Co-operative Bank, first direct, HSBC, M&S Bank, MBNA, Nationwide and Santander.
Samsung Pay is currently available on the Galaxy Note8, S8/S8+, S7/S7 edge, S6/S6 edge, S6 edge +, A3 2017, A5 2016 and 2017 devices, J5, and the Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch (when paired with compatible all smartphones running Android 4.4 KitKat and above).
Notes to editors
Samsung Pay is designed to make paying with your device safe, simple and convenient.
- SIMPLE: With Samsung Pay, every transaction is easy and convenient. Users can launch Samsung Pay with a simple swipe up from the bottom edge of their screen to bring up the last used credit or debit card, use their iris or fingerprint to prove their identity, and tap their device on a payment terminal to make a payment.
- SECURE: Samsung is committed to ensuring its customers have complete peace of mind when it comes to mobile payments. With each transaction, Samsung Pay uses an encrypted digital token to replace sensitive card information to prevent fraud. You can use the Galaxy Note8, S8 or S8+’s iris scanner to authorise payments, or a registered fingerprint or passcode on your other compatible devices, so you are in complete control when each payment is made. Additionally, Samsung’s industry-leading Knox security platform is built into the hardware and software of your device, which ensures mobile information and data is secure. This provides real-time kernel protection and monitors malicious software and activities on your device for added security.
- ALMOST ANYWHERE: Samsung Pay is accepted almost anywhere you can use your contactless credit or debit card.
- EXCLUSIVE TFL FUNCTIONALITY: Samsung has worked with TfL on exclusive functionality for Samsung Pay that allows users to set a payment card up as a ‘transport card’ to use on all TfL services and most National Rail services in London, allowing them to simply tap their phone against the card reader, eliminating the need to wake their phone or verify with a fingerprint or passcode.
- LOYALTY CARDS: Users are able to upload their loyalty cards at selected merchants across the UK, to accumulate and redeem points**.
*A payment limit may apply
**Subject to individual store policies
About Samsung Pay in UK
Samsung Pay, a mobile payment service from Samsung Electronics, is simple, secure and works almost anywhere you can use a contactless payment card. Samsung Pay provides consumers a way to pay at millions of merchant locations that accept contactless payment cards. Samsung continues to strategically expand its partnership ecosystem for Samsung Pay to provide greater flexibility, access, and choice for customers while enabling an easy and safe payment experience. Samsung Pay is compatible with select cards and Samsung devices, and leading wireless providers. Visit http://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/ to learn more.
About John Lewis
John Lewis – John Lewis operates 48 John Lewis shops across the UK (34 department stores, 12 John Lewis at home and shops at St Pancras International and Heathrow Terminal 2) as well as johnlewis.com. It is part of the John Lewis Partnership, the UK’s largest example of worker co-ownership and all 30,000 John Lewis staff are Partners in the business. John Lewis, ‘Best In-store Experience 2017’, ‘Best Furniture Retailer 2017’ and ‘Best Homewares Retailer 2017’1, typically stocks more than 350,000 separate lines in its department stores across fashion, home and technology. Johnlewis.com stocks over 280,000 products, and is consistently ranked one of the top online shopping destinations in the UK.
About John Lewis Finance
John Lewis Finance offers a range of comprehensive financial services products – including Insurance, Foreign Currency, International Payments, Personal Loans and the Partnership Card – delivering the values of expertise, trust and customer service expected from the John Lewis brand. www.johnlewisfinance.com
¹ Verdict Consumer Satisfaction Awards 2017
You can follow John Lewis on the following social media channels: