With 80%* of young students feeling financially insecure, Seema Pankhania shares a £1 recipe for success
Samsung KX partners with food producer, Seema Pankhania, to show students how to rustle up a Michelin-star inspired dish, without breaking the bank
Save almost £40 using everyday essentials!
LONDON, England – 15th September 2021 – With 1 in 5 Gen Z’s** (18-24 year olds) expanding their cooking and baking skills over the past 18 months, the record number of young students leaving the family home and heading to University this year are now looking for ways to create top trending dishes that won’t break the bank. To inspire this generation of aspiring foodies, Samsung KX has partnered with Mob Kitchen’s food producer, Seema Pankhania, to upskill the nation on how to create, capture and share delicious recipes – all for just £1 per person!
Having amassed over half a million TikTok followers with her savvy recipe creations, content creator and foodie extraordinaire Seema takes over the Samsung KX experience space in Coal Drops Yard to show both new and returning students that they can still create and enjoy delicious and nutritious dishes for both themselves and their flatmates, no matter the budget. Using every day essential ingredients for a cheap and cheerful price tag of just £4.88, Seema’s recipe provides almost a £40 saving compared to using higher end alternative produce, at a whopping £44.55.
Available to watch on the Samsung KX content hub now, Seema gives a step-by-step tutorial of how to recreate her succulent vegan Miso Mushroom Risotto recipe for 5 people, whilst also giving her expert tips and tricks for how best to capture and edit food content for maximum effect on TikTok.
Seema uses the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G to film the entire tutorial, capturing every detail with its Quad Rear Camera and showcasing its toolbox of AI-powered features for both shooting and editing TikTok videos, to help elevate every single frame.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G pushes the boundaries of what a smartphone can do. It boasts Samsung’s most advanced and powerful pro-grade camera system, enabling users to capture stunning studio-quality content on its brightest, largest and most intelligent display. Its Quad Rear Camera enables users to level up their photography game even further, allowing them to move seamlessly between Ultra-Wide, Wide and Dual Tele-Lenses. Plus, with a 12-bit RAW file option, never miss a single detail when editing content.
Seema Pankhania, content creator and Food Producer at MOB Kitchen, comments:
“It’s been so much fun working with Samsung KX and showing how simple it is to batch-cook delicious recipes that are super cheap! As young students head to University this month, I really want to show them that eating on a budget doesn’t have to mean dull meals. This tutorial is great for those aspiring foodies who are looking for culinary inspiration, with hints and tips for how to effectively capture and share your own masterpieces online. Thanks to the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra’s incredible pro-grade camera, I was able to capture and elevate each step of the recipe for stunning quality.”
Seema’s top TikTok tips for capturing and sharing recipes:
- Natural light – Natural light is key when capturing pictures and videos of your recipes, and having objects positioned around the photo that match the final dish such as cutlery, napkins or a tablecloth, will make your overall content pop
- Get equipped – A tripod is crucial for creating engaging recipe content, as viewers can have a bird’s eye view of what you’re doing throughout. I personally like to have it really close and super zoomed, so you can see every little detail
- Remove smoke and steam – Often smoke and steam can cloud the camera, so make sure you turn on the extractor fan, open a window or add a fan near your work surface so it can be blown away.
- Angle awareness – Don’t forget to move your camera into different positions and angles as you work through your recipe, to ensure every step is fully in shot. When initially setting up your tripod, you want the angle of your camera to be facing directly towards the sun, so that it shines through onto your board to get the best light possible. When frying off ingredients in the pan, moving the camera above will allow you to see everything in full.
- Preparation is key – When making TikTok videos, make the movements clean and slick by putting all ingredients into separate bowls before filming. So when each ingredient goes into the pan, it makes it smoother rather than stopping to gran the chopping board multiple times.
- Give yourself options – Take multiple shots when you’re frying off ingredients in the pan, as when it comes round to editing you can pick which one you like the best.
- Slow it down – When it comes to plating up your finished meal, stir and spoon it out of the pan slowly, as it will help to make it look super glossy.
Ashrita Seshadri, Head of Marketing for Samsung KX said:
“It’s such an exciting time for students who are heading off to university this month, however flying the nest can prove costly. It’s been great to partner with Seema to show how Samsung innovation can inspire and encourage students to create affordable and delicious dishes that makes for engaging content, while having fun in the kitchen.”
Watch Seema’s full recipe tutorial and TikTok tips on the Samsung KX content hub now.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G is available now in a range of stunning colours from Samsung KX, Samsung.com/uk and select partners.
All prices of recipe ingredients correct at time of filming
*National Union of Students report, 2020
**Mashroom poll, 2020
Press Resources > Press Release