[Fact Sheet] Samsung Knox
Samsung Knox 2.9 is the latest version of Samsung’s defense-grade security platform. With this update, Samsung has added new features to make Knox more convenient, more manageable, and more secure than ever before – reaffirming Knox’s place as the leading security solution for personal and professional users.
Convenience and protection for end users
- Users can now back up their Secure Folder remotely, enabling them to access or wipe data inside the folder if the device has been lost.
- With App Permission Monitor, users can receive a notification when background apps try to access camera, microphone, video recorder, and SMS features. Users can then deactivate or control the app if they suspect any suspicious activity.
Sophisticated controls for IT administrators
- Knox 2.9 features an updated Customization SDK that enhances existing features and optimizes the home screen to help developers further tailor vertical-specific applications to Samsung devices.
- USB class control allows enterprises to enable or disable USB modes on an employee’s device, minimizing security concerns when connecting to an external source.
Strengthened security for your device
- Memory layout isolation and randomization adds an additional layer of protection from memory exploits by separating personal and system apps.
- Samsung Knox 2.9 is available on the next flagship Galaxy mobile device, and will be updated on older Galaxy devices running Knox 2.4 and above.