“Our journey towards the next generation of mobile devices is full of originality and innovation,” said Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “With the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2, we closely listened to user feedback to ensure we were bringing meaningful improvements to the hardware, while also developing new innovations to enhance the user experience. Further strengthened by our industry-leading partnerships with Google and Microsoft, we’re reshaping and redefining the possibilities of the mobile device experience.”
New Refined Design
The Galaxy Z Fold2 pairs bold design with advanced engineering so you can feel confident using it every day.
- Complete and Immersive Content Experiences2 – A 6.2-inch Infinity-O Cover Screen provides maximum usability so you can check email, look up directions, or even watch your favorite content without needing to unfold your device every time. When unfolded, the massive 7.6-inch Main Screen, with minimized bezels and a notch-less Front Camera, immerses you with its 120Hz adaptable refresh rate for smooth scrolling and gameplay. To complete the experience, the Galaxy Z Fold2 comes with the best dynamic sound available on a Galaxy device to date, with enhanced stereo effect and clear sound provided by high-dynamic dual speakers.
- Solid Design and Expert Craftsmanship – The Galaxy Z Fold2 is re-engineered with a sleek, unified design that delivers a smooth, high-end feel. Samsung Ultra Thin Glass is now on the Main Screen, providing a more premium and refined feel for the display. Its design is anchored by the Hideaway Hinge, which fits seamlessly into the device body with the CAM mechanism and enables free standing capabilities3 that power all new Flex mode experiences. The Galaxy Z Fold2 also employs sweeper technology, first introduced on the Galaxy Z Flip, within the gap between the body and hinge housing to repel dust and undesirable particles. As Galaxy Z Fold2 features a third-generation refined design, the space for the sweeper structure is even smaller than on the Galaxy Z Flip. To achieve this, Samsung developed new innovative sweeper technology to achieve the same level of protection in a smaller space. The Galaxy Z Fold2 Hideaway Hinge features revolutionary slim cutting technology, modified fiber composition and adjusted fiber density.
- Customizable to Match Your Style – For those looking to stand out even more, Samsung is offering an online tool to customize your Galaxy Z Fold2 with four distinct Hideaway Hinge colors – Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Red, and Metallic Blue. Now you can create the Galaxy Z Fold2 that complements your unique style, adding a personalized touch to premium design4.
Capture and View Exactly How You Want
The innovative foldable form factor and its sophisticated design are taken to the next level with unique mobile experiences on the Galaxy Z Fold2. The Galaxy Z Fold2 pairs Flex mode5 with App Continuity6 to provide expanded usability, crossing the boundary between the Cover and Main Screen. This flexibility enables you to create or view content that is curated to your exact preferences, from folded to unfolded.
- A Device That is as Flexible and Productive as You Are – With Flex mode, it’s now easier than ever to capture content and review in real-time. With Capture View Mode7, now you won’t have to leave the Camera app. Clearly view the photo or video you just took or review up to five of your most recent captures on the bottom half of the Main Screen, and the preview of your next shot will be on the top half. Or take your creativity one step further with Auto framing8. Whether you’re jumping in on the latest social dance or showing off your cooking skills, the Galaxy Z Fold2 can record hands-free video and keep the subject in focus even when it moves.
- Features to Support Your Creativity – Rethink content capturing by incorporating both the photographer and subject’s perspective into getting the shot. Using the Main and Cover Screen at the same time with Dual Preview, both parties can see what’s being captured. What’s more, thanks to the Galaxy Z Fold2’s flexibility, take a high-quality selfie with the rear cameras, with the Cover Screen acting as the viewfinder.
- Flagship Camera Features – The Galaxy Z Fold2’s camera also offers flagship-level camera quality and control. With Pro Video mode9, Single Take10, Bright Night11 and Night Mode, the Galaxy Z Fold2 helps you capture the moment in stunning quality.
Maximize Every Moment
The Galaxy Z Fold2 aligns next generation mobile productivity with advanced multitasking capabilities thanks to new intuitive ways to interact. Get the most out of your day by tailoring the Galaxy Z Fold2’s tablet-sized Main Screen to fit in with your working style.
- Seamless Multitasking – Use advanced Multi-Active Window10 to control your screen layout with more ease and flexibility. Experience more productivity now that you can open multiple files from the same app at the same time and view them side by side13. With an improved Multi-Window Tray, you can open multiple apps at once with the integration of App Pair and the Edge Panel to enjoy added convenience. With drag and drop14, you can simply drag text, images and documents from one app to another for instant transfer. Or quickly screen capture in one app and transfer the captured image into another with Split Screen Capture.
- Optimized App Interactions to Support Your Flow – Choose the most optimized UI on the Main Screen to suit your needs. Quickly and easily switch layouts between a large screen layout or traditional phone layout in the Settings15.
- Optimized App Display – Maximize every moment in your daily life and upgrade the viewing experience of your favorite apps, including Gmail, YouTube and Spotify. Use the Main Screen with Office apps in Microsoft 365 to mimic the tablet experience. For example, use Microsoft Outlook to its true potential by viewing your inbox on the left side with current conversations at the same time. Draft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint presentations with PC-like toolbar arrangements.
Galaxy Leadership Strengthened by Strategic Partnerships
Samsung has an open and collaborative approach to partnerships. Through a long-standing partnership with Google, Samsung established an open ecosystem for foldable devices. With this partnership, Samsung has fostered foldable UX innovation to realize the goal of creating the ultimate form factor. Furthermore, a trusted partnership with Microsoft, combined with the Galaxy Z Fold2’s advanced hardware and large screen experience, allows users to maximize their productivity in mobile environments.
Building on its long-standing legacy of Galaxy leadership, Samsung once again pushes the boundaries of mobile innovation and engineering. With the Galaxy Z Fold2, users can access ultra-fast speeds thanks to its full 5G band compatibility16, while the 4,500mAh All Day Battery17 and Super Fast charging18 means you can do more without worrying about your battery life. Galaxy Z Fold2 also offers Samsung DeX wireless connection19 to a smart TV, and UWB (Ultra Wide Band)20 technology is integrated into the device making it quick and easy to share files, photos or videos with Nearby Share.21
Innovative Technology Meets Refined Design: The Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne Edition
Samsung and Thom Browne continue their collaboration to deliver a unique vision of innovative technology and refined design with the Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne Edition. Following the success of the Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition, the second release further explores its shared ethos to provide a deeper level of hardware and software integration. The geometric grey and signature multicolor stripe is complemented by a grosgrain pattern, creating a visual texture of fabric on Galaxy Z Fold2’s unique design. Software additions, including a new lock screen and exclusive photo filter, digitize the Thom Browne world and bring a sense of luxury into every interaction. Each Thom Browne Edition Package includes the Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Buds Live and an array of fully customized accessories all featuring elements of Thom Browne’s iconic design.
Galaxy Z Premier Service
Galaxy Z Fold2 users can access Galaxy Z Premier Service: on-demand concierge support from a dedicated team of product experts. It will now be easier than ever to make appointments, connect one-on-one with experts, and discover how to unlock the unique experiences the Galaxy Z Fold2 enables. Galaxy Z Fold2 owners will be provided one-time device protection against accidental display damage within one year of purchasing date.
Galaxy Z Premier is expanding and consumers now have access to exclusive VIP benefits and experiences. Galaxy Z owners can get a membership to Founders Card22, access to a prepared meal from a Michelin starred restaurant23, and an elite fairway golf and country club program at clubs across the U.S.24, with more benefits being added all the time. For more information about Galaxy Z Premier, please visit: https://samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-z-premier/.
*Limited time only. Benefit offers are exclusive to Galaxy Z and Galaxy Fold owners and may require new account setup and/or credit card and be subject to auto renewal after benefit period ends. See details and follow instructions to redeem each benefit. Quantities are limited and restrictions may apply.
Experience total peace of mind and get the most from the new Galaxy Z Fold2 5G and Galaxy Z Fold2 5G Thom Browne Edition with Samsung Care+. Enjoy a personal set-up session with a Samsung Care+ Pro, 24/7 dedicated support via phone or chat, discounted screen repair for $29 (plus applicable taxes), and an extended warranty and coverage for accidental damage25. Add Samsung Care+ at checkout on Samsung.com for $11.99/month.
Starting on September 18, 2020, the Galaxy Z Fold2 5G will be available in carrier and Unlocked by Samsung versions through Samsung.com, carriers and select retailers online. The Galaxy Z Fold2 5G will be available in two stunning colors: Mystic Bronze and Mystic Black, with 256GB storage and 12GB RAM. Customized hinge color options will be available on Samsung.com with four distinct colors: Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Red and Metallic Blue.
Pre-orders for the Galaxy Z Fold2 5G begin September 2, 2020 at 12:01 am ET.
Original Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Z Flip users can trade-in their device to get the Galaxy Z Fold2 for as low as $25/month with up to $800 trade-in value. Users can save up to $650 on trade-ins of other eligible devices. These offers are for a limited time. Terms and conditions apply.
Visit https://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/terms-and-conditions/ to learn more.
Consumers can also opt for the Guaranteed Buyback program. Simply pay 50% of the full retail price in 20 easy monthly payments, and then get 50% back once the device is returned in good condition.
The Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne Edition will be available for pre-order beginning September 2, 2020 with general availability on September 25, 2020.
Galaxy Z Fold2 users will also be provided the best mobile experiences possible by supporting three generations of Android operating system (OS) upgrades.26
For more information about the Galaxy Z Fold2 5G and Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne Edition, visit http://www.samsungmobilepress.com, news.samsung.com/us or www.samsung.com/us.
 Requires optimal 5G network connection, available in select markets. Check with your carrier for availability and details. Download and streaming speeds may vary based on content provider, server connection and other factors.
 Display measurements are diagonal, and actual viewable area is less due to rounded corners and camera hole punch.
 Galaxy Z Fold2 can stand on its own from 75 to 115 degrees; a broader range of angles may be accessible for users depending on environment and use case
 Hinge customization will be available through online on Samsung.com from September 1st, 2020.
 Flex mode is supported by Samsung native apps (Camera, Video call, Gallery, Video player, Clock, Calendar) and third-party partner apps including YouTube, Google Duo and more to come.
 App Continuity works with select applications; compatible apps growing through third party developers.
 Capture View Mode also available when fully unfolded. To use, press “Capture View Mode” located in the right upper portion of the camera UI.
 When more than 3 people are detected, the frame zooms out. Front (wide) and Rear (Ultra-wide) Cameras are available. Trackable distance is approximately 1.5 – 2.5 meters. This machine learning algorithm detects human face and body to track the subject’s movements.
 Galaxy Z Fold2 does not support 8K video recording (4K max).
 Single Take captures images and video up to 15 seconds.
 Only for Wide-angle Rear Camera.
 Users can also use Multi-Active Window on the Cover Screen with two windows splits horizontally. Multi Active Window works with select applications; compatible apps growing through third party developers.
 Currently available with three native apps including Samsung Notes, Internet, Myfiles and Office apps in Microsoft 365. (Currently only available between different functions.)
 Drag and drop functionality works with select applications, including Samsung native apps including Gallery, Internet, Message, Myfiles, Samsung Notes and others including Office apps in Microsoft 365, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Chrome, Google Maps.
 Available with 11 Samsung native apps including Message, Contacts, Phone, Myfiles, Internet, Calendar, Clock, Video call, Reminder, Calculator, AR zone, Google apps such as YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps, Microsoft apps including Microsoft Outlook and other third-party apps such as Spotify.
 5G speeds vary and require optimal network and connection (factors include frequency, bandwidth, congestion); see carrier for availability.
 Based on average battery life under typical usage conditions. Average expected performance based on typical use. Actual battery life depends on factors such as network, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Results may vary.
 When using the included charger and cable.
 Samsung DeX wireless connection is available on smart TVs that support Phone Screen mirroring only. (For the optimal experience, use on Samsung Smart TVs launched 2019 or later.)
 Availability of UWB function may vary by market and/or by applicable law
 Nearby Share works between Samsung devices that support ultra-wideband (UWB) technology; availability may vary by market or carrier.
 Available to new members only.
 Maximum of 3 accidental damage from handling claims per 12-month period. Additional restrictions apply. Please see terms and conditions for full coverage details.
 Availability of Android OS upgrades and features may vary by device and market. Upgrade schedule will depend on factors including but not limited to complexity of the update, model, as well as market penetration and more.
|Galaxy Z Fold2 Product Specifications
- 7.6'' QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display (22.5:18) Infinity Flex Display (2208 x 1768), 373ppi
- 6.2'' HD+ Super AMOLED Display (25:9), 2260 x 816, 386ppi
*Main Screen: Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. Actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners.
**Cover Screen: Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. Actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners.
|Dimension & Weight
|Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x 16.8mm (Hinge) ~ 13.8mm(Sagging), 282g
Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.9mm(Frame) ~ 6.0mm(Screen) , 282g
|10MP Selfie Camera : F2.2, Pixel size: 1.22μm, FOV: 80˚
|10MP Selfie Camera: F2.2, Pixel size: 1.22μm, FOV: 80˚
|Rear Triple Camera
|12MP Ultra Wide Camera : F2.2 ,Pixel size: 1.12μm, FOV : 123˚
12MP Wide-angle Camera : Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS, F1.8, Pixel size: 1.8μm, FOV: 83˚
12MP Telephoto Camera : PDAF, F2.4, OIS, Pixel size: 1.0μm, FOV: 45˚
Dual OIS, 0.5x out and 2x in optical zoom, Up to 10x digital zoom, HDR10+ recording, Tracking AF
|7 ㎚ 64-bit Octa-Core Processor (3.09 ㎓ + 2.40 ㎓ + 1.80 ㎓ )
|12GB RAM with 256GB internal storage (UFS3.1)
*Actual storage available may depend on pre-installed software
|4500mAh (typical) dual battery*
*Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 4365mAh. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
|Fast Charging compatible on wired and wireless*
*Wired charging compatible with QC2.0 and AFC, Wireless charging compatible with WPC and PMA
**Wireless PowerShare is limited to Samsung or other brand smartphones with WPC Qi wireless charging, such as Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 Ultra Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Note10, Note10+, Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+ S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S8 Active, S7, S7 edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 edge, S6 Active, S6 edge+, Note9, Note8, Note FE, Note5, and wearables such as Galaxy Watch Active, Gear Sport, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch, and Galaxy Buds. May not work with certain accessories, covers, or other brand devices. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment.
|5G model: Non-Standalone (NSA), Standalone (SA), Sub6 / mmWave
*Requires optimal 5G connection. Actual speed may vary depending on market, carrier, and user environment.
| 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax HE80 MIMO, 1024QAM
* Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), USB type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)
*Galileo and BeiDou coverage may be limited. BeiDou may not be available for certain countries.
|Payment (Samsung Pay)
|MST and NFC
|Capacitive Fingerprint sensor (side), Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor
|Lock type: pattern, PIN, password
Biometric lock type: Fingerprint sensor*, Face recognition
*Galaxy Z Fold2 has a Capacitive Fingerprint sensor on the side.
Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus included.)
UHQ 32-bit &DSD64/128 support*, PCM: Up to 32 bits, DSD: DSD64/128
Audio playback format : MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF
*DSD64 and DSD128 playback can be limited depending on the file format.
|Video playback format: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
TV connection: Wireless: Smart View (screen mirroring 1080p at 30fps) / Wired: supports DisplayPort over USB type-C. Supports video out when connecting via HDMI Adapter. (DisplayPort 4K UHD at 60 fps)
|Knox protection: real-time monitoring and protection.
Secure Folder: a secure space on the device to keep content such as apps, photos and videos, secured by fingerprint scanning.
Availability may vary by market and carrier.
|Mystic Black, Mystic Bronze
Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Red, Metallic Blue
*All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions of the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this page and the contents herein, including without limitation, functionality, features, specifications, GUI, images, videos, benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, capabilities, and any other product information, without notice.