Samsung Showcases Complete Hospitality Solutions Extending Beyond In-Room at HITEC 2017
Toronto, Canada – June 27, 2017 – Samsung Electronics America, a global leader in hospitality solutions, is showcasing its latest innovations at HITEC 2017 simulating a hotel experience to showcase how Samsung display technology and innovations elevate engagement for a hotel hosting an event. The broad range of hospitality offerings featured at the booth include the latest in indoor and outdoor digital displays, LYNK™ REACH 4.0 with HMS 2.0, and mobile products built for the enterprise. The SMART Signage displays will also be powered by the Tizen 3.0 operating system, the latest version of Samsung’s cross-architecture open source software platform. The Samsung HITEC Booth will be open for visitors at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Convention Center, Booth #701, from June 27-29, 2017.
“Samsung understands the direct line between quality guest engagement, loyalty, and the appropriate application of innovative technologies,” said Jonas Tanenbaum, Vice President of Samsung’s Hospitality TV Division. “Samsung created hospitality solutions that touch all elements of the hotel experience, from check-in to check-out, to solve both guest and hotelier needs. The single platform approach that allows for full connectivity of all devices including hospitality TV, display, wearables, mobile and print, all powered by Tizen 3.0, is an operational dream.”
HITEC attendees will be fully immersed into “The Samsung Hotel Annual General Managers Conference”
with an opportunity to tour the experience including the hotel concierge and registration desk, fitness room, lobby bar and restaurant area, luxury suite and living room, back of house and training section as well as the outdoor area featuring a graffiti demo.
Within the booth, Samsung will be demonstrating Samsung LYNK™ REACH 4.0 (Remote Enhanced Active Control for Hotels), a hardware and software solution allowing for property managers to centrally control multiple Samsung hospitality TVs and display customized content. The REACH Server and remote controller make it easy to update and adjust digital TVs over radio frequency signals to streamline time-consuming manual updates, allowing interactive service using any WiFi infrastructure. REACH 4.0 also features four welcome channels, improvement in live channel insertion, as well as the ability to expand embedded templates available out of the box.
Also on display will be both the standalone and full version of the recently updated REACH 4.0 with HMS 2.0, an optimized TV content management solution that creates an enhanced guest experience allowing guests to access information and services from the comfort of their hotel rooms over an IP-based infrastructure that enables in-room TVs to communicate with the hotel’s property management system (PMS). Within the “hotel guest room” at the booth, REACH 4.0 with HMS 2.0 will deliver an Internet of Things experience, giving users the ability to control and customize HVAC, lighting, drapery and DND/MUR from the Samsung Smart Hospitality TV, in addition to exploring the HARMAN AI voice control speaker, powered by IBM Watson.
Additional Samsung products and solutions displayed at the booth include:
- The Lobby Bar and Restaurant Area will showcase how hotels can use Samsung stretch displays and video walls to transform general areas and add in a layer of excitement, while providing wayfinding and additional messaging for guests. The featured Galaxy Tab S3 devices will enable greater customer interaction during check-in and check-out as well as provide a tool for guests to explore restaurants and events in the hotel’s location.
- Samsung’s 55-inch ML55E Mirror Display will be on display in the Fitness Center to allow booth tour visitors to explore their physical fitness potential by interacting with a digital fitness coach.
- Booth visitors can explore the Luxury Bedroom Suite to see demonstrations of the updated REACH 4.0 with HMS 2.0, while the Luxury Living Room Suite will have the 55-inch and 75-inch HTV NF 690Us displaying REACH 4.0 with STAYCAST Google Chrome Cast solution and the H-Browser solution, which provides guests with a premium interactive experience and features both free and video on demand (VOD) content. The Frame TV is making a debut for business featuring curated artwork showcasing the capabilities of the display to blend into the hotel room environment, while enhancing the décor.
- Back of House and Training Section will allow visitors to see further demonstrations of REACH 4.0 with HMS0 and Reach 4.0 server software in addition to the newest Samsung Galaxy S3 Frontier watches, Samsung Galaxy S8s and DeX monitors. Visitors can explore how Samsung DeX provides an Android-based desktop-like experience that enables hotel staff to seamlessly access apps, edit documents, browse the web, reply to messages and more, directly from the smartphone on a larger display, keyboard and mouse.
- The Hotel Gift Shop will showcase the value benefits of the recently updated Tizen 3.0 platform through an embedded POS solution demonstration. Tizen 3.0 features better performance, fast-loading Tizen TV app speed, improved 2D and 3D graphics rendering performance, and a more robust and unified OS, supporting multi-task processing and broader trust zone integration from the expanded DRM.
For more information about Samsung’s Hospitality TV solutions, please visit www.samsung.com/hospitality or call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ. For more information about Samsung SMART signage solutions, please visit samsung.com/prodisplay.