Samsung Announces World’s First ‘Do-It-All’ Monitor for Work, Learning and Entertainment at Home
- Samsung introduces its first monitor with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Samsung’s Wireless DeX and a comprehensive entertainment hub with Samsung’s Smart TV platform built-in.
- Available in two models, the M5 Full-HD in 27" and 32", and the M7 Ultra HD at 32", the display enables users to seamlessly transition between modes of work, entertainment and learning—making each easier than ever.
- The Samsung Smart Monitor M5 27” is priced at $229.99 and the 32” at $279.99. The M7 32” is priced at $399.99. The M5 models will be available for purchase in November while the M7 will be available in early December.
Samsung’s Smart Monitor is the innovative, world’s first1 do-it-all screen that brings together the best technology for work, learning and entertainment. It’s designed to fit in where you need it to, when you need it—whether you’re working, learning or streaming. It’s also Samsung’s first monitor with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Samsung’s Wireless DeX and a comprehensive entertainment hub with Samsung’s Smart TV platform built-in.
“Consumers’ reliance on monitors has dramatically increased during this time when many are staying-at-home,” said Mark Quiroz, Vice President of Marketing, Samsung Electronics America. “Smart Monitor is Samsung’s response to this new environment; its flexibility to transform into a display for work, school or streaming content makes it an incredible value, especially to younger consumers and cord-cutters seeking a do-it-all display.”
Available in two models, the M5 Full-HD in 27– and 32-inches, and the M7 Ultra HD at 32-inches, the display enables users to seamlessly transition between modes of work, entertainment and learning—making each easier than ever.
Work and Learn
Smart Monitor allows users to see every spreadsheet and image in pin-sharp UHD resolution, while its embedded Wi-Fi means they can work from home without needing a PC or laptop connection – users can view, edit and save Office 365 applications2 in the cloud directly from the monitor.
Additionally, Smart Monitor features Remote Access, which enables wireless connections to a PC or laptop from anywhere with an Internet connection. It is also the only monitor to support AirPlay2, so you can stream, control and share your favorite content directly from your iPhone, iPad or Mac to your monitor. Smart Monitor can even wirelessly connect to a range of other devices with Wireless Dex, Tap View3, or Casting for complete versatility no matter how you work or the devices you own. Using DeX to wirelessly connect Smart Monitor to a Galaxy device will offer users more screen real estate and help them seamlessly multi-task across devices while maintaining full control over each one.
More Features to Help Users Work and Learn:
- Adaptive Picture and Eye Saver Mode will automatically adjust screen brightness and blue light levels based on the environment, and the Flicker-Free screen further reduces strain
- Traditional hardware connectivity with USB-C4, USB and Bluetooth 4.2 ports, allows a direct and hassle-free connection to a PC or laptop
- Slim, sleek and compact design easily fits into existing workspaces, even if it’s a home office desk, kitchen countertop or coffee table
- Voice assistance and control with Bixby 2.0, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant and SmartThings integration for a more accessible experience
The Samsung Smart Monitor is the first UHD display to double as a smart TV and offers a full suite of apps and content to take users’ minds off the needs of the day.
Smart Monitor’s smart TV platform is powered by Tizen and offers an embedded app store. Apps can be downloaded directly to the monitor and viewers can stream content from their favorites, including Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Apple TV, Amazon Prime, Hulu, YouTube5 and more, all without the need to connect an external device. The Smart Monitor further blurs the line between a monitor and a smart TV, making it the perfect way to watch whatever the user wants, where they want it.
More Features that Entertain:
- Ultrawide Game View at 21:9 ensures the viewer will never miss a play.
- Smart Monitor offers a complete entertainment hub powered by Tizen—just like on Samsung’s Smart TVs.
- Enjoy and stream content directly from the Smart Monitor with a variety of apps, including Netflix, Apple TV and more without any external device.
- A built-in two-channel 5W speaker allows users to experience content without needing a separate audio system.
- Full-featured remote that allows full control over the display, including hot-keys that will take the user to video streaming apps with a push of a button.
The Samsung Smart Monitor M5 27” is priced at $229.99 and the 32” at $279.99. The M7 32” is priced at $399.99. The M5 models will be available for purchase in November while the M7 will be available in early December, all from Samsung.com and select retailers nationwide.
|Display||Screen Size (Inch)||32”||27”, 32”|
|Flat / Curved||Flat||Flat|
|Resolution||3,840 x 2,160 (UHD)||1,920 x 1,080 (FHD)|
|USB-C||1 EA (65W Charging)||N/A|
|Speaker||5W x 2EA||5W x 2EA|
|Smart Features||OS||Tizen 5.5||Tizen 5.5|
|VOD and Smart Apps (Netflix, YouTube, etc.)6||Yes||Yes|
|Additional Features and Price||Price||399||$279 (32”); $229 (27”)|
|Stand Type||Tilt (Up to 15º)||Tilt (Up to 15º)|