Samsung Health Now Available as a Comprehensive In-Home Fitness and Wellness Platform on 2020 Samsung Smart TVs
Personalize your health journey with free access to Samsung Health on your mobile, wearable and Smart TV with 5,000 hours of content on the TV and over 250 instructive videos from barre3, Calm, Fitplan, Jillian Michaels Fitness, obé fitness, and Echelon
Samsung Electronics announced today that its Samsung Health platform is now available on 2020 Samsung Smart TV models. Designed to revolutionize the concept of at-home workouts, Samsung Health is a user-centric wellness platform that goes beyond fitness. It is a companion that syncs across your phone, wearable and now your Samsung Smart TV. Enjoy free premium classes, start new wellness routines and even get the whole household moving with family challenges and more – all from the comfort of your home.
Wellness your way
Watching TV used to be a passive experience, but now it is an active one. Samsung Health enables consumers to customize their own health journeys by connecting them to premium content, a personalized performance dashboard, goal-based challenges, and intelligent features that keep them motivated and focused on achieving their wellness goals – both at home and on-the-go.
- Personalized Profiles: Create individual accounts for yourself as well as your family members and receive personalized recommendations on workouts based on your preferences.
- Dashboard: Connect your Samsung wearable and mobile app to see your stats flow through into one centralized place. Keep track of your daily stats synced from all your devices, analyze your progress, and know if you’re falling a little behind in reaching your goal.
- Content Browse: Samsung Health on TV provides a content forward experience that allows users to access and consume fitness and wellness content from leading industry partners on the biggest screen in the household. Choose from a range of workouts across our partners to unleash your inner yogi or burst into your best with a HIIT workout. There is something for everyone.
- Routines: Energize your day with a morning workout or wind down with an evening relaxation session. Set a routine and when your TV is on, it will remind you to play your fitness or mindfulness content when it’s time. Keeping up with your workout plan is that easy.
- Challenges: Hoping to workout at least 5 times a week or meditate every day? Commit to a goal through Samsung Challenges. Do it on your own or invite family members to participate in a shared goal. We’ll keep you posted on your current status and cheer you on when you’re close to the finish line.
“The whole intention of Samsung Health is to motivate our consumers to live healthier lives by meeting them wherever they are, across Samsung platforms,” said Won-Jin Lee, Executive Vice President of Service Business at Samsung Electronics. “We knew that to do this, we needed to develop a user-centric and immersive platform that offered a variety of in-home fitness and wellness options. Given the current climate, we hope that the launch of Samsung Health makes it easier for our consumers to prioritize their physical and mental wellbeing on a daily basis.
Home is where the health is
With many consumers spending more time indoors, without access to their regular fitness routines, Samsung Health provides fitness and mindfulness content to create a comprehensive workout routine from the comfort and privacy of home. Consumers can browse a range of modalities including yoga, mindfulness, strength training, stretching, barre, pilates, dance, cardio and more.
The immersive app experience provides content-first discovery and personalized recommendations across meditation and fitness routines from premium brands that you know and trust – including Calm, obé fitness, barre3, Echelon, Fitplan, and Jillian Michaels Fitness. Only on your Samsung Smart TV can you enjoy select free content from all of our partners for the first year including more than 5,000 hours of free, in-home content and upwards of 250 instructive videos that vary in terms of exercise level and discipline. Following the launch of Samsung Health, the partner ecosystem will continue to expand, so that consumers are always able to discover something new or find content that suits their specific fitness needs.
Select free premium content from the best fitness and wellness brands
- Calm: Free mental fitness content including Meditation, Sleep Stories, and Music, in addition to the brand’s popular 10-minute daily meditation offering, the Daily Calm.
- Fitplan: Free fitness and training content including six “plans” and 50 classes, access to five trainers with high quality audio and video tips, progress tracking, and in-app community features.
- Jillian Michaels Fitness: Interactive daily workouts and paid premium customized exercises for all fitness levels including an exclusive 28-day workout plan curated for Samsung TV owners.
- Echelon: 20 free trial classes including boutique cycling and rowing classes, strength training, boxing, yoga, pilates and more.
- obé fitness: 20 free classes for Samsung Smart TV users including Strength, Sculpt, Circuit, Dance, HIIT, Dance-HIIT, Pilates, Yoga, Barre, Bounce, Boxing, prenatal and holiday/event themed classes – refreshed every 2 weeks.
- barre3: 50 pieces of free content to take care of the body and mind including full body workouts, strength & conditioning, mindfulness, cardio and more.
Samsung Health redefines at-home fitness by delivering additional utility right from your Smart TV and across your other devices. It combines convenience, quality and analytics to create an all-in-one fitness system for every member of the family, with customized recommendations and suggested challenges. Between lively Zumba classes, invigorating HIIT workouts and calming sleep stories, there is an option designed to fit every consumers’ needs, goals and preferences.
For more information on Samsung Health, please visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-health/tv/