Samsung Electronics Home Appliances America Celebrates 5 years in South Carolina
- Samsung has the first U.S.-based home appliance manufacturing facility in Newberrry, SC, which has created over 1,500 jobs for local residents.
- Celebrating its fifth anniversary in Newberry, SEHA has been able to positively contribute to the economic impact of the community through product development, investments, increased revenue and job creation.
- "We couldn't be prouder of the SEHA team and are incredibly grateful for the support of the local community.” --Thomas Komaromi
Samsung Electronics Home Appliances America (SEHA) today celebrates its fifth anniversary in Newberry County, South Carolina. SEHA hosted a special event Tuesday to mark the milestone occasion including special guests Governor Henry McMaster, Congressman Jeff Duncan and Mark Lippert, Executive Vice President, Head of Public Affairs, Samsung Electronics America.
“We are so proud of this incredible milestone for SEHA,” said Thomas Komaromi, General Counsel at SEHA. “Ever since we celebrated the opening of our facility 5-years ago, we’ve been committed to Newberry County and South Carolina as a whole. We couldn’t be prouder of the SEHA team and are incredibly grateful for the support of the local community.”
Since Samsung first set plans in motion to build a state of the art home appliance factory at this remarkable location in 2017, the Newberry facility became the company’s first U.S.-based home appliance manufacturing facility. It’s an essential part of the local economy generating nearly $500 million in capital investment for the region, produced over 4 million washing machines and now directly supports over 1,500 jobs for local residents as part of its ongoing operations.
Along with celebrating the 5-year anniversary, SEHA released a recent economic impact study conducted by the University of South Carolina which outlines the economic impact of Samsung in South Carolina:
- Total Annual Output: $926 million in South Carolina, $740 million in Newberry County
- Total Job Creation: 2,368 jobs in South Carolina, 1,561 jobs in Newberry County
- Based on the findings of the report, on average, every 10 jobs at SEHA directly creates 12 more jobs across the state
- Samsung supports (directly and indirectly) 8% of the total employment base in Newberry County
“Since choosing South Carolina as the location of its first U.S.-based manufacturing facility five years ago, Samsung has become a key member of Team South Carolina,” said Governor Henry McMaster. “They have helped lead a new era of prosperity in our state and have made a tremendous impact in Newberry. We look forward to continuing our fruitful partnership for years to come.”