Samsung Introduces Galaxy XCover FieldPro: A Rugged Smartphone that’s Built Tough and Field Ready
- The latest of Samsung’s field-ready devices, the Samsung Galaxy XCover FieldPro is purpose-built, equipped with Push-to-Talk capability, and keeps information storage compliant and secure.
- Galaxy XCover FieldPro was designed with durability, reliability, and power in mind to meet expectations of those who work in physically demanding environments.
- The Galaxy XCover FieldPro's features make it suited for use by a wide range of enterprise customers — from federal agencies and local precincts to transportation professionals, field service technicians, and more.
Samsung introduced a new rugged smartphone today at the International Association of Chiefs of Police Conference. The latest of Samsung’s field-ready devices, the Samsung Galaxy XCover FieldPro is purpose-built, equipped with Push-to-Talk capability, and keeps information storage compliant and secure. Its features make it suited for use by a wide range of enterprise customers— from federal agencies and local precincts to transportation professionals, field service technicians, and more.
“We know from talking to our customers who work in physically demanding environments that durability, reliability, and power are necessities in the products they use,” said Sandra Krief, Vice President, Carrier Sales and Channel Management, Mobile B2B, Samsung Electronics America. “We designed Galaxy XCover FieldPro with that in mind, and take it a step further by offering the industry’s only open, collaborative, and secure mobility platform. Our customers, whether first responders or factory workers, benefit from a level of customization that is truly unparalleled.”
- Rugged enough for the harshest conditions. With MIL-STD-810G1 and IP682 certifications, XCover FieldPro can survive almost anything, from drops, shocks and vibrations to extreme temperatures, rain, blowing dust and even a half hour in five-foot-deep water.
- Powered to last the day. With a replaceable 4500mAh battery and POGO pin charging, running low on charge is never a concern. XCover FieldPro ships with an extra battery and is field replaceable, meaning staff can easily swap out batteries while at work.
- Built for first response, designed for flexibility. XCover FieldPro includes the top features first responders need while in the field. Dedicated physical push-to-talk and emergency request buttons are programmable to send location data or alerts, and can be activated whether wearing gloves, or in adverse weather conditions. The device is also Band 14- enabled for dedicated emergency response communications.
- Secure and Compliant. The defense-grade Samsung Knox security platform is CJIS, HIPAA and FIPS compliant and is also certified for use by the federal government, based on standards set by the National Information Assurance Partnership. XCover FieldPro uses an ergonomic rear fingerprint scanner for biometric authentication.
The device also features unique customization capabilities that define Samsung’s enterprise solutions, including Knox Manage and Knox Configure, and open compatibility with diverse third-party software, apps, and hardware to fit the one of a kind needs of Samsung users.
Visit Samsung at IACP Booth 4219 to learn more about the game changing solutions introduced this year and to see the future of public safety technology in action.
For more information on Samsung’s public safety solutions please visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/business/solutions/industries/public-safety/
|Samsung Galaxy XCover FieldPro Product Specifications|
|Display||5.1” QHD (2560 x 1440)|
|Chipset||Samsung Exynos 9810
Octa-Core 64bit, 2.7GHz/1.7Hz
|LTE Support||Cat.11 3CA|
|Memory||4GB + 64GB, microSD up to 512GB*|
|Camera||12.0MP AF (Dual Aperture) + 8.0MP, Triple LED Flash|
|Port||USB 2.0 Type C, 3.5pi Audio, Pogo Pin|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor|
|Wireless Connectivity||BT v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps), NFC, Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MU-MIMO,1024-QAM)|
|GPS||A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo|
|Dimension, Weight||158.5mm x 80.7mm x 14.2mm, 256g|
|OS/Upgrade||Android O / Support OS upgrade to Android Q|
|Durability||MIL-STD-810G, Anti-shock, IP68 Water and Dust Resistance|
|Security||Samsung Knox & Support, Biometric authentication, 3 year Security Patch|