Samsung Partners with New Tradition Media and the Consumer Experience Group to Bring New Technology to Historic D.C. Landmark
- Samsung has partnered with New Tradition and the Consumer Experience Group to bring dynamic display technology to the historic Union Station in Washington, D.C.
- The collaboration leverages existing structures to outfit with upgraded display signage to seamlessly fit into the iconic design of the building.
- Samsung deployed 26, 65” UHD Smart Signage displays, placed into digital interactive kiosks and six, 6’ 3” x 5’ 3” 1.5mm LED displays throughout the station’s three, high-traffic levels.
Today, Samsung Electronics America, New Tradition and Consumer Experience Group are proud to usher in a new era of tech transformation at Washington, D.C.’s Union Station, owned and operated by Ashkenazy Acquisition Corporation, through the power of digital signage. Under the project management of the Consumer Experience Group, Samsung’s dynamic smart signage, coupled with content driven by New Tradition, provides commuters and visitors up-to-the-minute travel, weather and safety information to ensure the best possible experience.
The collaboration keeps the landmark’s architecture alive by outfitting existing structures with upgraded displays that seamlessly fit into the 114-year-old building’s iconic design. Twenty-six, 65” Samsung UHD Smart Signage displays in kiosks are distributed across Union Station’s three levels to serve as interactive directories designed and provided by TSItouch. Further, top tier out-of-home advertising placements are constantly monitored, utilizing the newest SmartLink Vantage remote device management technology to ensure 100% up time.
“Union Station is one of our nation’s iconic landmarks and we are thrilled to be a part of its rich history,” said Mark Quiroz, Vice President, Marketing – Display Division, Samsung Electronics America. “Display technology gives advertisers a bright canvas and provides a platform to share up to the minute safety information with Union Station’s visitors.”
In the historic main hall, six, state-of-the-art 6’ 3” x 5’ 3” 1.5mm LED displays offer advertising buyers a premier piece of inventory that lives alongside history – giving businesses a bright canvas to share their products with the thousands of people visiting Union Station each day.
“We are grateful for our innovative partnerships with New Tradition and the Consumer Experience Group, which allow us to bring cutting-edge digital signage to the masses,” said Brett Unzicker, Vice President B2B Sales – LEES, Display Division, Samsung Electronics America. “Through our collaboration we are ensuring Union Station commuters receive real-time transportation updates in an impressively dynamic fashion.”
The partnership, which began in 2020 with a goal to bring modern technology to an iconic landmark, delivers more than stunning displays. Together with the Consumer Experience Group, Samsung helped usher in a complete refresh of Union Station’s technical infrastructure from installation to the official handoff to New Tradition.
“We’re very excited to bring top of the line technology to history Union Station and to be able to offer our agency partners and clientele nothing but the best when looking to advertise in the Washington DC market,” said Bret Richheimer, COO of New Tradition. He added, “Samsung’s crisp displays will help us stand out to consumers that much more during their commute through the station each day.”
“CEG has had a great relationship with both Samsung and New Tradition for quite some time and we were eager to put efforts together to deliver premium signage at the historic landmark location that is Union Station. The technology installed will truly set the signage apart from competitors in the industry,” said Jeremy Kolieb, Principal of Consumer Experience Group.
The Display Technology
- IF Series: Samsung’s 1.5mm LED IF Series displays are a comprehensive solution with an improved LED experience for customers. By streamlining installation, presentation and management, businesses and advertisers alike can create and share powerful content with minimal hassle. The hook-based design fosters a seamless installation, eliminating gaps while keeping all front and rear components visible and accessible for quick-turn maintenance.
- UHD Smart Signage: Samsung’s 65” QHR Series display features best-in-class UHD resolution with unmatched 700 nit brightness making it ideal for delivering clear information 24/7. The QHR series features Dynamic Crystal Display, using 10 bit processing for flawless color expression and its HDR+ compatibility converts standard definition content to HDR quality for sharper contrast and more vivid colors giving advertisers at Union Station more flexibility with their content.
Union Station is yet another example of Samsung’s commitment to the DC-metro area following the expansion of Samsung’s Executive Briefing Center, located in the Eastern Market neighborhood. For more information on Samsung Display Solutions for Business visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/business/displays/