Samsung Presents Comprehensive Hospitality Portfolio Focusing on Guest Experience at HITEC 2018
Houston, Texas – June 19, 2018 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc, is showcasing its latest hospitality innovations at HITEC 2018 by simulating a hotel experience that spotlights how Samsung technology elevates guest engagement and experiences. The broad range of hospitality offerings featured at the booth include the latest HTVs, indoor and outdoor digital displays – LYNK™ REACH 4.0 with HMS 2.0 – and wearable solutions built for hotels. The SMART Signage displays will be powered by the Tizen 3.0 operating system, and Samsung’s cross-architecture open source software platform.
The Samsung HITEC Booth will be open for visitors at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas at booth #1929 from June 19-21, 2018. This year, Samsung will display how hoteliers can differentiate the guest experience using technology from check-in to check-out. Visitors will experience the ‘Samsung Hotel,’ a hotel environment with real life scenarios of Samsung products and solutions including digital display, hospitality TVs, mobile, wearables and Wi-Fi solutions. In addition, the Samsung team will provide an overview at the booth of exciting advancements to look forward to following HITEC such as Samsung’s two new hospitality TV series, NJ670U and NJ690U. Designed to enhance the guests’ viewing experience, the series will launch later this year.
“Samsung’s portfolio of hospitality solutions demonstrates our understanding of how technology can contribute to a differentiated, high quality guest experience,” said Jonas Tanenbaum, Vice President of Samsung’s Hospitality TV Division. “These solutions, from in-room hospitality TVs to lobby LED signage to wearables for hotel management, showcase Samsung’s ability to create a connected, intuitive environment for hotel guests. The single platform powered by Tizen 3.0, allows for full connectivity of devices.”
The LYNK™ REACH platform’s graphical user interface (GUI) provides various guest-facing benefits that allow hoteliers to transform in-room displays to a digital concierge. The interface is customizable so hotel managers can either control the development in-house or leverage certified partners to create content. This year, Samsung will demonstrate the versatility of this GUI by showcasing three different interfaces with unique layouts, features and services.
Hotel operations platform ALICE partnered with Samsung to deliver a hotel management smartwatch solution to improve employee communications, increase responsiveness to guests and enhance customer service. The wearable solution gives hotel employees ‘hands-free’ connectivity, enabling them to handle objects and complete tasks while in communications and responding to requests. Hotel employees who benefit include maintenance workers on repair jobs, room service staff carrying trays and housekeeping service handling cleaning tools without instant access to phones. This also eliminates risks of dropping devices while on the job and silences disruptive radio communications. Luxury hotel brand Viceroy Hotel Group will be the first company to implement the solution.
Additional Samsung products and solutions displayed at the booth include:
- The Reception Desk will showcase how hotels can use LED screens to enhance guests’ first impression of their space and add a layer of excitement to the area. The Frame TV featuring curated artwork will demonstrate the capabilities of the display to blend into the hotel room environment, while enhancing the décor. The Frame’s ability to toggle between images and messaging provides depth to the décor.
- The Back Entrance will house SMART signage displays, which hoteliers can use through their properties to help promote rewards member benefits like mobile check-in or concierge services. Visitors will also be able to see the semi-outdoor, in-window signage that can be used to entice guests outside the hotel.
- The Samsung Flip and HARMAN Bundle will be on display in the Business Center. The solutions encourage a collaborative workplace with various features from connectivity capabilities to remote meeting possibilities. The portability of the Samsung Flip makes it a versatile tool for common spaces such as a hotel’s business center, allowing multiple groups to utilize the space without disturbing each other.
- In the Cabana section, visitors will see additional outdoor signage offerings as well as a HARMAN audio PA system. The OHF outdoor series is conveniently and easily installed, designed and operated with a thin, all-in-one solution, which allows hoteliers to upgrade their space without hassle. The HG32NF690GF hospitality TV will display menus in the cabana, eliminating the need for paper menus. The HTV’s compatibility and intuitive design offers both compelling content and fast access to essential services through a customizable, easy-to-navigate interface.
- The Concierge will show how guest experiences are enhanced by technology. On the large SMART display, visitors will be invited to interact with the concierge demo. Following the interactive demo, they will have the opportunity to participate in the virtual customer experience.
- Visitors will see various solutions that drive operational efficiencies in the Back Office. The ultrawide 49-inch monitor allows for multiple windows to be open at one time, increasing multitasking possibilities and enhancing efficiency. The virtual training demo showcased in the back office will show visitors a fresh, effective way to train new team members.
For more information about Samsung’s Hospitality solutions, please visit www.samsung.com/hospitality or call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ. For more information about Samsung SMART signage solutions, please visit samsung.com/prodisplay.