New York, NY – May 04, 2016 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a leader in home appliance innovations, today announced the availability of the Samsung Family Hub™ Refrigerator, a revolutionary advancement that changes the refrigerator category in meaningful ways. With the kitchen already being the heart of the home, the Family Hub™ becomes a focal point for family members, enhancing their lives with family connections, food management and entertainment experiences like never before.
Enhanced by a 21.5 inch LCD touchscreen which serves as the refrigerator’s digital command center, and seamlessly connects to your smartphone, the Family Hub™ is a significant advancement in home appliance functionality and design. Whether sharing family calendars, photos and notes; viewing the inside of the fridge with your smartphone while grocery shopping; or accessing your favorite music or television content, Family Hub™ enriches family life in practical and empowering ways.
“The refrigerator was once viewed simply as a place to cool and store food. In time, it became the center of the home and the family bulletin board, where families shared notes, photos, and artwork, and kept shopping lists. We saw an opportunity to introduce a refrigerator that redefines the category – a refrigerator that goes beyond storage and one that brought the center of your kitchen into the digital age,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliance, Samsung Electronics America. “We’re excited to debut the Family Hub™ refrigerator and the great new possibilities it brings as part of Samsung’s commitment to deliver meaningful innovations to the home.”
Grocery Management and Organization Made Easier than Ever
Ask the average person what’s going on inside their fridge, and chances are they won’t really know for sure. The Family Hub™ features a series of smart and intuitive features that make food management and organization easier and more efficient. Most impressive are three tiny, high quality cameras positioned inside the refrigerator that capture an image each time the doors close. Now, if you are at the store and trying to remember which food items to buy, you can view inside the refrigerator through a smartphone app. Other food management features in the Family Hub™ include:
- Instacart – The leading national online grocery delivery service, delivering groceries from your favorite stores straight to your door in as little as one hour.
- Groceries by MasterCard – Order groceries online from leading retailers like Fresh Direct and ShopRite and pay for them through a simple, single check-out with any U.S.-issued credit or debit cards.
- Allrecipes – Access recipes rated and reviewed by millions of cooks, as well as cooking advice tips and how-to videos.
- Shopping List – Compile and keep track of your grocery lists, which seamlessly sync between fridge and smartphone.
- Food Reminders – Use the Family Hub™ screen or your smartphone to drag and drop expiration dates to the image of items inside to know what needs to be used, and by when.
- Fridge Manager – Easily control the refrigerator and freezer temperatures, and check the status of the water filter.
New and Smarter Ways to Connect with Family
The Family Hub™ screen packs a powerful, highly interactive digital punch. Within its 21.5 inch screen, you can easily access and store all important aspects of family life such as schedules, photos, and artwork; tap into the Internet; and check news, weather and more. Apps and features to help better connect families include:
- StickiBoard – Keep in touch with family members by sharing multiple calendars, posting photos and writing notes directly on the screen [or with] your mobile device.
- WhiteBoard – Write notes and draw pictures on the Family Hub™ and through your mobile device to leave messages for your family.
- Photo Album – Display daily photos and iconic family images for all to see.
- AccuWeather – Get weather updates with Superior Accuracy while multi-tasking in the kitchen.
- Web Browser – Surf the Internet using a full browser for all your family needs.
Entertainment Right in the Kitchen
With today’s open home floor plans, people are moving freely between rooms and demanding a seamless flow of entertainment into the kitchen as they cook and socialize. The Family Hub™ enables favorite television shows to be mirrored from Samsung Smart TVs1 onto the refrigerator’s digital screen. Music lovers can stream their favorite songs and talk radio programs through apps such as Pandora using the built-in speakers. The refrigerator also connects to external Bluetooth wireless speakers like Samsung’s own Radiant 360 line for sound that stretches beyond the kitchen.
The Refrigeration Performance You’ve Come to Expect
The Family Hub™ also excels in food storage and preservation. It’s innovative and exclusive FlexZone™, located in the bottom right quadrant of the refrigerator, transforms from fridge to freezer by toggling between five customizable temperature settings. The 28-cu. ft. Family Hub™ also places a premium on keeping food fresh with its Triple Cooling system. With three evaporators and a network of sensors, Triple Cooling maintains even humidity levels throughout the refrigerator to provide a more precise temperature calibration.
The Samsung Family Hub™ Refrigerator (model RF28K9580SR) is now available in a stunning new Black Stainless Steel design in a Counter Depth size ($5,999.99) and Full Depth size ($5,799.99) at major appliance retailers nationwide and online. It is also available in a Stainless Steel finish. To see Samsung’s latest home appliances and other products, visit http://www.samsung.com/us/.
16400 series and above
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.