SAMSUNG’s Newest Laundry Innovation Ensures Seasonal Stains Won’t Stress You Out
With the introduction of activewash™, Samsung has added a simple yet revolutionary feature to its top-load laundry line-up. The washer features a sink built into the washer lid itself, with a water jet and gentle scrubbing surface in the sink basin to make it convenient to scrub stains or hand wash delicate items. Once clothes are pre-treated in the sink, an opening at the rear of the basin makes it easy for clothes and water to drop into the drum of the machine with no mess.
“Laundry has always played a very specific role in the home, and we’ve taken a long hard look at how we can enhance, and even expand, the role of the washer for today’s new generation of homeowners,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “With activewash™, Samsung is bringing a new level of innovation and time-saving convenience to the laundry process, which can be a pain point for consumers – especially as we head into the stain-heavy spring and summer months. The built-in sink, large capacity and SuperSpeed technology make this new washer the ideal combination of simplicity, performance and technology.”
Saving You from the Season of Stains
Millennials agree – according to research, that the laundry room is one of the key spaces in the home that can benefit from technology upgrades2. While the basics, such as pre-treatment, are critical to removing tough stains, consumers can be frustrated with this time consuming task. And since most laundry rooms don’t have a separate sink to use for laundry prep or for washing delicate fabrics by hand, they are forced to pre-treat their clothes outside the laundry room, adding time and mess to the process.
To make the job easier, Samsung offers several tips on how to pre-treat tough laundry challenges.
- Game Day Grass and Dirt: Whether it’s a friendly game of football or competitive softball match, grass and dirt stains are no stranger. With Samsung’s activewash™, consumers can use the built-in sink in the top of the washer to treat those stains before you toss your items in for washing.
- TIP: For grass, use a solution of 2 parts water to 1 part white vinegar to scrub the stain first in the activewash™ sink; then rinse the stained area using the water jet before washing clothes. To pretreat a tough dirt stain, scrape off any dried dirt and scrub the area with detergent before running a load of wash.
- Don’t Let Pasta Spoil Your Party: We’ve all been there – you decide to grab a quick bite at home before you head out to meet friends and end up with marinara sauce on your favorite pair of jeans. In this instance, speed is your friend. Samsung’s breakthrough Super Speed technology provides a faster and more thorough wash cycle — up to 40% faster3 – without sacrificing cleaning performance. You can quickly wash a full load in as little as 36 minutes and save over 3 hours of laundry time every week — so you can clean and be back in your best jeans before it’s time to hit the town.
- TIP: Blot the tomato sauce stain and rinse the area with water hitting the back of the stain. Gently rub with liquid detergent in the activewash™ sink and then put into the wash as normal.
- Serious Sauces: Grilling out is a great idea, until you’re faced with a mountain of the family’s laundry filled with condiment stains. The Samsung activewash™ washer features AquaJet® wash system which harnesses the power of high-impact water jets to gently wash even the biggest loads. Its powerful spray ensures an ultra-deep yet safe wash for all your clothes.
- TIP: Ketchup is a tough stain and needs to be tackled immediately. Run the stain under cold water using the water jet in the activewash™ sink, scrub with a sponge, then gently rub laundry detergent on the affected spot. Add more detergent and let the item soak for 30 minutes in warm water before washing as usual.
The following Samsung activewashTM Top Load Washers and matching dryer are available now:
- 5.2 cu. ft. activewash™ Top Load Washer in platinum (WA52J8700AP), with an MSRP of $1,199.00
- 5.2 cu. ft. activewash™ Top Load Washer in white (WA52J8700AW), with an MSRP of $1,099.00
- 4.8 cu. ft. activewash™ Top Load Washer in platinum (WA48J7770AP), with an MSRP of $999.000
- 4.8 cu. ft. activewash™ Top Load Washer in white (WA48J7770AW), with an MSRP of $899.00
For more information about Samsung appliances, visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, mobile products and wearables, wireless infrastructure, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
1 National Association of Home Builders survey, January 2015
2 Better Homes and Gardens reader survey, January 2015
3 Normal one-hour wash can be completed in as little as up to 36 minutes as compared to WF511 washer without SuperSpeed. Based on DOE standard’s average of 7.5 loads per week.
4 DOE consumer average of 350 10-lb loads per year with average normal wash cycle of 53 minutes equals a time-savings of over 3 hours per week.