For the sixth year in a row, Samsung Electronics Canada recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Samsung Electronics Canada has once again been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. The annual competition hosted by the Globe and Mail aims to determine which employers lead their industries in offering exceptional workplaces.
Employers are compared to other organizations in similar fields to determine which businesses offer the most progressive and forward-thinking programs for employees. Despite an unprecedented year, Samsung Canada impressed judges by proudly continuing to enhance the employee experience through a wide range of programs and incentives. This ongoing dedication to fostering a positive work environment earned Samsung Canada a spot on Canada’s Top 100 Employers list for the sixth year in a row.
Industry leading initiatives from Samsung Canada that stood out as part of the judging process include:
- Supporting the transition to a “new normal” working environment: Samsung Canada provided $250 “Samsung Dollars” to every employee for the purchase of technology needed to work from home, including monitors, earbuds, wireless chargers etc. Samsung Canada also encouraged employees to bring home office equipment, from computer equipment to office chairs, as a way to ensure all employees had the ability and access to effectively work from home and stay safe.
- Prioritizing employee health and wellness: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Samsung Canada created a static content page for all things wellness within the U r Awesome online employee portal. The page, dedicated to each Samsung’s wellness pillars (mental wellness, physical wellness, financial wellness and social wellness) shares resources as well as tips and tricks to manage overall employee health and wellness within the new normal. Samsung Canada also created a ‘Wellness Activities’ page where ongoing ‘social wellness’ activities were posted to help keep employees engaged while working from home.
- A culture of putting people first: Samsung supports staff at all levels of employment with a commitment to their well-being, both inside and outside of the office. Through ongoing engagement surveys, Samsung maintains open, two-way dialogue with all team members. The open conversations enable the company to gauge, optimize and spur employee engagement and programming.
- Providing opportunities for personal and professional growth: Samsung Canada supports ongoing training and development in a variety of ways for employees, including offering over 10,000 online learning courses through the “Samsung U” online learning platform.
- Fostering an inclusive workplace environment: Samsung Canada provides an environment where all employees feel empowered to be who they are and bring their best selves to work each day by offering a variety of programs that drive home the importance of diversity and inclusivity. Various Employee Resource Groups drive initiatives to support their members and also host events that enable an inclusive workplace.
“While this year has certainly posed new and unique challenges we have never experienced, we are proud to continue to be a leader in Canada,” says Jeff Jo, President and CEO of Samsung Electronics Canada. “Being once again recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers proves that Samsung Canada’s continued investment in our employees has created a culture as innovative as the technology we share with the world.”
Samsung Canada employs over 500 Canadians across the country with offices located in Burnaby and Vancouver, British Columbia and in Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario.
To read more about Samsung Canada’s Top 100 Employers win, you can view the announcement here . If you’re interested in learning about employment opportunities with Samsung Canada, please visit our Career Centre.
Corporate > People & Culture