Re-opening of West Edmonton & Metrotown Samsung Experience Store
To our Samsung Community,
The past few months have been difficult and we want to thank you for your continued loyalty. At Samsung Canada, we have been working hard to shift and evolve our business to continue to support you. We’ve evolved our daily operations and introduced new services like “Door-to-Door” which brings our usual customer service standards right to your home. In the process, we have helped millions of Canadians access the products and technologies to work, teach, learn, and entertain themselves and their families.
At the same time, we’ve worked with organizations like Autism Speaks Canada and SickKids Hospital to support their communities and families with unique needs. Supporting and giving back to the communities we serve has been a long-standing tradition at Samsung Canada. You can find out more about it here.
We thought we would share our plans for reopening our Samsung Experience Stores as cities and provinces begin to remove restrictions. We are pleased to announce that our West Edmonton and Metrotown stores are scheduled to re-open on May 29th.
Our plan starts with an absolute commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners.
We will be implementing several new measures:
- Maintain physical distancing: Directional arrows and signage are applied throughout the stores to ensure store staff and customers can maintain 2m distancing while shopping in our stores
- A greeter will be at the entrance of the store to manage traffic flow and answer any questions
- All employees will wear masks and gloves
- Masks will also be available for any customer who does not have one
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the store
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed at various transaction points
- Stores will be cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis
- All products will be cleaned and disinfected continuously
For those of you who are more comfortable arranging purchase or service online, or pick-up at store, we also have those options available for you.
While your Samsung experience may look a little different, we remain committed to delivering an elevated customer experience, with all of the safeguards you’d expect. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and adjust our operations as needed. If we have learned anything during this time, it’s the importance of being nimble, flexible and adaptable for our customers.
We look forward to having you back.
Patricia Heath, VP of Retail
Press Resources > Issues & Facts > Statements