Samsung Canada Introduces the Galaxy Tab Active3, a Smart New Tablet Built for Demanding Environments
Today, Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. announced that the new Galaxy Tab Active3, a ruggedized tablet based on the popular Galaxy Tab Active2, is now available at retail in Canada. Designed to meet the rigor of today’s mobile workforce with a sleek, compact design for portability, the Galaxy Tab Active3 is built for how businesses operate today, with increased emphasis on helping improve employee productivity. This latest addition to the Samsung ruggedized lineup includes performance and productivity features like enhanced touch capability, empowering field-based professionals who use gloves for working in challenging environments.
“We’ve seen a rapid shift as Canadian business moves away from the office and out into the field,” said Paul Edwards, VP of Enterprise Mobility, Samsung Electronics Canada. “Not only is the Galaxy Tab Active3 durable, but its performance supports the latest applications for heightened productivity to make it easy to get things done.”
Built for Tough Environments
The Galaxy Tab Active3 is tested against military standard MIL-STD-810H to handle tough jobs in challenging environments; its enhanced shock absorption is now able to withstand drops of up to 1.5 metres thanks to an in-box protective cover and it is IP68-rated, meaning it is dust and water resistant. Get added peace of mind when working in unpredictable outdoor environments.
Equipped with the powerful Exynos 9810 processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, the Galaxy Tab Active3 has the power to keep up with the digital businesses of today while Wi-Fi 6 with Dual Antenna MIMO2 support delivers super-fast Wi-Fi connectivity for speedy data transfer.
With up to 11 hours on a single charge, the long-lasting, replaceable 5,050mAh battery also supports fast charging through USB and POGO pins so you can spend less time plugged in and more time on the task at hand. And for businesses that use tablets in a fixed location like a kiosk, Galaxy Tab Active3 now supports “No Battery Mode” for power without a battery, while the tablet is connected to a power source.
Next Level Productivity
The Galaxy Tab Active3 is a productivity powerhouse, providing a PC-like experience wherever work takes you. Samsung DeX is now available on the Galaxy Tab Active3, ensuring dual-screen functionality so tasks can be picked up from anywhere, whether in the office, or in the field.
Additional Galaxy Tab Active3 Features Include:
- Capture Everything: The 13MP rear camera provides excellent clarity for both taking pictures or scanning detailed documents and the 5MP front camera is suited to video or conference calls.
- Augmented Reality: Google ARCore is now supported and enables new augmented reality services, such as remote training.
- Programmable Key: The Programmable Key on the side of the device allows quick access to the apps or programs used most often, such as scanning or Push-to-Talk.
- Retail Ready: Galaxy Tab Active3 features camera-based barcode scanning to help retailers easily manage inventory and scan products for purchase as a mobile point of sale (mPOS),  thanks to NFC with EMV Level 1 certification.
- Enhanced Touch: When turned on in the settings, enhanced touch capabilities allow professionals to continue using the Galaxy Tab Active3 while wearing gloves. No more time spent taking gloves on and off.
- IP68 Certified S Pen: Ideal for signature capture and managing complex documents, the S Pen that accompanies the Galaxy Tab Active3 is also water and dust resistant.
Samsung Leadership in Mobile Protection
Samsung strives to provide businesses with innovative mobile products and solutions. As part of this commitment, Galaxy Tab Active3 is protected by Samsung Knox, our defence-grade security platform, as well as regular Android security updates to help secure business data against intrusion, malware and malicious threats. Samsung also offers end-to-end mobile management with Knox Enterprise Solutions, so IT administrators can remotely configure, enroll and easily manage a fleet of devices to support user needs in the field.
Longstanding Commitment to Samsung Enterprise Customers
The Galaxy Tab Active3 is the latest example of the Samsung commitment to delivering an excellent experience for enterprise customers around the world. The company strives to offer innovative solutions to help organizations get down to business with added peace of mind, knowing they can count on Samsung to keep their devices better protected.
This commitment is also paving the way for market recognition. Samsung was recently named as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Rugged Mobile Devices, which states: “Samsung has extensive experience in producing and designing cutting-edge mobile technology as one of the world’s well-recognized mobile device manufacturers and has expanded its enterprise and B2B strengths to meet customer demands in the rugged category. Their rugged device offerings successfully bridge the gap between industrial ultra-rugged devices and consumer-grade devices, making them durable enough to withstand a number of challenging environments while still providing a familiar and approachable end-user experience.”
Starting January 15, 2020, the new Galaxy Tab Active3 will be available in Canada in black, retailing for $779.99 (regular price) at Samsung.com, Samsung Experience Stores, Bell, and participating distributors and resellers.
To learn more about the Galaxy Tab Active3, please visit Samsung.com here.
|Galaxy Tab Active3|
|Display||8.0” WUXGA (1920 x 1200) PLS TFT LCD|
|Chipset||Samsung Exynos 9810|
|Octa-core 2.7GHz + 1.7GHz|
|LTE Support||4G FDD LTE
4G TDD LTE
|Memory||4GB + 64GB
microSD up to 1TB
|Camera||13MP AF + 5.0MP, Flash|
|Port||USB 3.1 Gen 1, Pogo Pin|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor|
|Wireless Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4G+5GHz, HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM
|GPS||GPS + Glonass + Beidou +Galileo|
|Dimensions, Weight||126.8 x 213.8 x 9.9mm, 426g(Wi-Fi) / 429g(LTE)|
|Battery Capacity||5,050mAh, User Replaceable|
|Durability||IP68 Water and Dust Resistance,
1.5m Anti-shock with inbox protective cover,
|Pen||S Pen (IP68 Certified)|
Biometric Authentication (Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scanner)
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice.