Unbox Samsung’s 2022 Lineup, Designed for Innovative Personalized Experiences
2022 Products Offer New Cutting-Edge Technologies, Features and Designs for a Re-Defined Experience Across Multiple Devices
Samsung Electronics Canada recently showcased its 2022 lineup of Neo QLED 8K, soundbars, accessories and sustainability initiatives at its virtual Unbox & Discover event. With this new lineup, Samsung aims to redefine the role of television by creating beautifully designed, cutting-edge screens that offer more than just entertainment. This year’s products and features take the screen to new heights by providing one central hub to play, connect, work and more.
“At Samsung, we are focused on developing products that not only offer the highest quality and performance, but also make users’ lives better. The 2022 Neo QLED 8K further cements our position at the forefront of the premium TV market, designed to meet the needs of consumers with convenience and seamless connectivity,” said Pat Bugos, VP/Head of Consumer Electronics, Samsung Electronics Canada. “With an ultra-large screen, stunning 8K resolution and next-level image and sound quality, Neo QLED 8K delivers cutting-edge technology for the ultimate TV viewing experience.”
Samsung’s 2022 portfolio was developed from the vision of ‘Screens Everywhere, Screens for All,’ with TVs at the centre of users’ home and daily lives. In line with this vision, Samsung created devices that seamlessly connect to provide customized personalization and connectivity, ensuring there is a screen fit for every occasion and lifestyle. Historically, TVs and screens have been mainly associated with the act of “watching,” but Neo QLED 8K aims to change this by expanding the user experience.
Neo QLED 8K: The Best Gets Better
The 2022 Neo QLED 8K has been upgraded to bring the large screen experience to another level. At the heart is the Neural Quantum Processor 8K. The latest processor has 20 independent neural AI networks, each analyzing the content’s characteristics and picture quality for optimal viewing, regardless of the source.
The Neural Quantum Processor 8K also powers a new technological innovation – Real Depth Enhancer. This scans the screen and maximizes contrast with the background by enhancing the object while keeping the background unprocessed. It works similar to the way human eyes perceive images in real life so the object on screen stands out against the background.
In fact, Samsung’s all new 2022 QLED received the world’s first ‘Pantone Validated’ certification in display from Pantone, the global authority on colour and creator of the Pantone Matching System (PMS) – meaning the models authentically reproduce more than 2,000 colours as well as the newly added 110 skin tone shades found in Pantone’s guidelines. In addition, these brilliant colours are comfortable to watch with the new EyeComfort Mode. The feature uses AI technology to automatically adjust the brightness and colour temperature of the screen based on how light or dark the room is and the sunset/sunrise information to achieve the most comfortable viewing experience.
Immersive Dolby Atmos Sound with Smart Features
For true immersion, TVs and screens need powerful and nuanced sound to match the rich colours and sharp details. The Neural Quantum Processor 8K’s AI analyzes what is on screen in real-time so that the Adaptive Sound features can track and move between speakers to precisely match the movement on screen.
In QN900B, a flagship Neo QLED 8K model, all the sounds come from a 90W 6.2.4 channel audio system, featuring new top channel speakers and Dolby Atmos with Object Tracking Sound Pro. This technology has also been applied to voice recognition with Voice Tracking Sound so that sound effects and voices truly follow the movement across the screen.
Samsung is also introducing Wireless Dolby Atmos to its Neo QLED 4K and 8K TVs– this means pristine audio quality without the clutter of HDMI cables. Wireless Dolby Atmos will also be applied to Samsung’s new 2022 Ultra Slim Soundbar that is designed for an immersive audio experience that is both aesthetically pleasing and has minimal setup.
Experiencing Your Screen
To ensure the experience is as seamless as possible, the 2022 lineup is outfitted with new and smarter features and user interface, allowing Samsung TVs and screens to become the central hub to watch content, control compatible devices, play games, work out and more.
- New Smart Hub: This year, Samsung unveiled Smart Hub, its new user interface, powered by Tizen. The all-new Samsung Smart Hub brings every aspect of the smart experience into one, easy-to-navigate home screen. The new tab classifies features, settings and content into three categories for a seamless user experience: Media, Gaming Hub, and Ambient.
- Media: The Media screen organizes users’ entertainment options – including video on demand, streaming, and Samsung TV Plus with 190+ free channels – and learns users’ preferences with machine learning to make smart recommendations across all platforms and services.
- Gaming Hub: Gaming Hub is a new game streaming discovery platform that bridges hardware and software to provide a seamless player experience. No downloads required, no storage needed. Samsung also announced partnerships with leading game streaming services – NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Stadia™ and Utomik, with more to come – to bring their libraries of games to the Gaming Hub. The new platform will be available later this year on select 2022 Samsung Smart TV models.
- Ambient: The Ambient screen enhances the home’s aesthetic, whether that means synchronizing the screen’s display with its surrounding décor or making a bold statement with eye-catching art.
- Gaming Experience: In addition to the all-new Gaming Hub, the 2022 lineup comes with specifications and features that are made for the ultimate gaming experience. They include four HDMI 2.1 supporting ports, Motion Xcelerator Turbo Pro 4K 144Hz gaming, Super Ultrawide GameView and Game Bar, making gaming more efficient and accessible for a fast-paced and streamlined experience. With these incredible picture quality and settings improvements, games will now be more realistic and thrilling.
- Samsung Health: Samsung Health offers not only a wide variety of workout and wellness classes, but also ways to track your progress and routines. Users can easily track their fitness journey and activities on their TV and seamlessly sync with other devices such as Galaxy Watch4 Series to track progress in real-time on the screen.
- SmartThings: A critical component of the connected experience is Samsung’s SmartThings . With SmartThings, the screen becomes the central hub to conveniently control other compatible home devices from a single point. This feature, included in Samsung TVs, takes advantage of the large screen to help users discover, view and control devices at-a-glance.
- NFT Platform: Finally, new in 2022 is Samsung’s NFT Platform, in partnership with the industry leader, Nifty Gateway. Ambient mode will offer consumers a one-stop NFT platform to explore and display NFT digital arts on 2022 Neo QLED and QLEDs, a new way to collect and present art works.
Sustainability at the Core with ‘Going Green’
Samsung is always thinking about how the manufacturing process and the use of products impact the Earth’s environment, looking for ways to reduce its footprint and build a better future for the planet.
- Eco-Packaging: Samsung is improving its eco-conscious packaging with 90% less ink while also removing the staples during production. Both improvements reduce waste and make it easier for recycling centres to process.
- SolarCell Remote: The SolarCell remote also received an upgrade for 2022. It is 88% more efficient than the previous 2020 model. They are now completely battery-free and can now be charged through 2.4GHz Radio Frequency Harvesting – drawing power from spare energy emitted by Wi-Fi routers.
- Recycled Materials: Samsung’s 2022 TVs, monitors, digital signage, and remote controls use recycled resin. Notably, high-resolution monitors use recycled resin from ocean-bound plastic recovered in coastal areas that would otherwise have become marine hazardous waste.
- The Carbon Trust certification: Samsung’s Neo QLED 8K/4K has achieved the ‘Reducing CO2’ label from the Carbon Trust, demonstrating that the carbon footprint for the Neo QLED lineup is being reduced year over year.
Making it Personal with Accessories
Each consumer has their unique taste and needs when it comes to TVs, which is why Samsung created new accessories for its 2022 TVs that facilitate an entirely new TV experience.
- Slim Fit Wall Mount: For those who want to wall mount their screen, the Slim Fit Wall Mount allows the TV to lie flush against the wall while offering swivel up, down, and sideways motions for an ideal angle, regardless of where the viewer is seated.
- Studio Stand: In case the TV stand is preferred, the Studio Stand offers a unique and elegant way to display the Neo QLED 8K in an artistic fashion.
- Auto Rotation: The new accessory extends the rotating capabilities of The Sero to the Neo QLED 8K. Auto Rotation brings mobile experiences to the big screen, portrait art to the full screen, and MultiView experiences to new layouts. It can be used as a stand or wall mount so that whatever content is on, the whole screen is filled to optimize the viewing experience.
To pre-order or for more information on Samsung’s TV products, please visit www.samsung.com.
 Pantone Validated Approval Certificate for the product meeting the requirements of PANTONE® Validated as tested issued to Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. by Pantone on December 29, 2021.
 Service availability may vary by region.
 Availability of Gaming Hub may vary by region.
 Specification of ports may vary by product and model.
 * Available technology, functions and features may vary by country, service provider, network environment or product, and are subject to change without notice. ** Requires a Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or other wireless network connection and devices registered to SmartThings app. *** Connected devices are sold separately.
 Detailed features or user interface may vary by model and region.
 Based on laboratory testing.
TAGSDolby AtmosNeo QLED 8KNeo QLED 8K TVSamsung Neo QLED 8K TVSmart HubUnbox & DiscoverUnbox & Discover 2022
Press Resources > Press Release
Products > TV & Audio
For any issues related to customer service, please go to samsung.com/ca/support for assistance.
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.