Press Resources > Press Release
Exclusive Galaxy Gifts Package for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge
Samsung Electronics’s most advanced smartphones on the market, the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, will give users the opportunity to enjoy the premium mobile content and services they want most through Samsung’s redefined Galaxy Gifts package of more than USD $500 combined market value. Each unique offer is exclusive to Galaxy Gifts, and users that download the application through Galaxy Apps on their Samsung device will have the choice of downloading only the content they want, when they want it.
After listening to consumers, the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge carefully combined metal and glass with first-of-its-kind technology for an unmatched mobile experience. The same approach was taken for Galaxy Gifts, to match the top of the line hardware with premium content and services. A new dynamic widget and an updated Galaxy Apps interface improve the overall experience, allowing for easy downloading and redemption of benefits. Each exclusive Galaxy Gifts offer enhances the unique user experience that can only be found with the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge.
Free Galaxy Gifts Offer
|Audible||Three months of Audible membership|
|Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon||“Samsung Resource Pack” valued at 5,000 gold|
|The Economist||Six months of digital subscription|
|Endomondo||Six months of Endomondo Premium|
|Evernote||Three months of Evernote Premium|
|Fleksy Keyboard||Fleksy Keyboard and Modern premium themes|
|Hancom Office 2014||Office editor download for an unlimited period from Galaxy Apps|
|The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth||“Samsung Resource Pack” valued at 100 Mithril|
|Keepy||Six month Keepy Unlimited to save your kids art, school work and mementos|
|Kindle for Samsung||One eBook every month|
|LastPass||Three months of Premium for U.S. customers and six monthsPremium for international|
|Life360||Six months premium service subscription|
|Magisto||Three months of Magisto Pro HD|
|NY Times Breaking News||Three months with a subscription|
|OneDrive||An extra 100 GB of OneDrive storage for two years* Offer valid only on devices where OneDrive is preloaded|
|PAC-MAN Friends||Samsung customers receive 30 cherries (plays)|
|Parallels Access||Six month subscription|
|Six month subscription to Pocket Premium|
|Shazam Encore||Special ad-free version|
|VSCO Cam||Download The Minimalist Collection, which includes 10 VSCOCam® presets|
|Workout Trainer||Six months of Workout Trainer Pro+|
More about our partners:
- Audible: Enjoy an Audible membership for free for three months, including one free audiobook per month. Choose from over 180,000 new releases and best sellers, including spoken word programs narrated by award-winning actors.
“We’re thrilled to provide this unique offer on the Galaxy S6,” said Serge Verdoux, Vice President of Business Development. “Now Galaxy S6 users new to Audible can check out the listening experience that’s captivating millions of people across the globe – and with your Galaxy S6, you can access our unparalleled selection of premium content anywhere, anytime.”
- Dragons of Atlantis: Heirs of the Dragon: Samsung device owners receive an exclusive offer for a free “Samsung Resource Pack” valued at more than 5,000 gold to help jumpstart an epic kingdom in Atlantis.
“The world’s leading apps developers are wise to partner with Samsung, the global leader of Android devices. Kabam is honored to be in this company, providing some of the best high fidelity games for people to play on mobile devices,” said Kent Wakeford, COO of Kabam. “Samsung, the leading Android device provider, and Kabam, a top mobile games developer, is a perfect match.”
- The Economist: The Economist is a weekly international news and business publication offering independent commentary and analysis on current world affairs. Galaxy S6 users can enjoy a 6 month full access, free trial.
“The inclusion of The Economist app in Samsung Galaxy Gifts will help us deliver our analysis of global trends to even more readers, wherever they are,” said Tom Standage, Deputy Editor and head of digital strategy at The Economist. “We are delighted that through this partnership with Samsung, we are able to give Galaxy S6 users a six-month unrestricted free trial to The Economist digital edition.”
- Endomondo: Download the Endomondo app on your Galaxy S6 to automatically get a free six month premium subscription without the ads and with all the advanced training features.
“We’re excited to be partnering with Samsung to bring Endomondo to Galaxy Gifts,” said Mette Lykke, Vice President of International for Under Armour Connected Fitness. “Endomondo turns the Samsung Galaxy S6 into a personal trainer in your pocket, and through this collaboration, athletes everywhere will enjoy a premium, ad-free experience which includes personal training plans and heart rate training.”
- Evernote: Evernote is the modern workspace that helps you be your most productive self. With three months of Evernote Premium you’ll get access to additional features like increased storage and offline notebooks.
- Fleksy Keyboard: This exclusive Galaxy Gifts edition of Fleksy Keyboard provides users with Fleksy’s award-winning keyboard and Modern premium themes for free.
“Over 4 million people have downloaded and used Fleksy to make their typing experience more enjoyable,” said Ioannis Verdelis, Co-founder and COO. “We’re excited to offer our award-winning keyboard and our beautiful Modern premium theme pack for free to Samsung Galaxy Gifts users – giving them the opportunity to type faster, and have fun doing it.”
- Hancom Office 2014: Hancom Office 2014 provides a convenient interface, enabling you to easily edit documents from your smartphone like a PC environment. By using Hancom Office 2014, which provides enhanced compatibility and supports a variety of document formats, Android smartphone users can fully experience the smart work environment everywhere.
“It is a significant opportunity that a world class company Samsung’s innovative device ‘Galaxy S6’ starts with Hancom’s professional office technology,” said Hong-goo Lee, Hancom, Inc.’s CEO. “This opportunity will further empower Hancom as a global software company.”
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Samsung device owners receive the exclusive offer of a free “Samsung Resource Pack” valued at 100 Mithril to help jumpstart your battle for Middle Earth.
- Keepy: Keepy is a family app that allows parents to save and share their kids’ artwork, schoolwork and mementos and enrich them with audio and video narration.
“We are thrilled Keepy is part of Samsung Galaxy Gifts, giving millions of parents a simple and intuitive way to build an emotional and interactive timeline of their kids’ artwork, schoolwork, photos and videos,” said Offir Gutelzon, Founder and CEO of Keepy. “As a father of two young children, I created Keepy to easily save and share all of their creative moments and milestones in one safe place. Connecting families with their loved ones, Keepy’s simple platform enables even less technically-savvy grandparents to enjoy posts and leave comments with ease.”
- Kindle for Samsung: Kindle for Samsung is an app designed exclusively for Samsung customers. It gives you a free book every month through Samsung Book Deals, and the ultimate e-reading experience optimized for Samsung devices.
“We are very excited to be a part of the Samsung Galaxy S6 launch and Galaxy Gifts,” said Jeff Kunins, Vice President of Amazon Kindle. “With Kindle for Samsung, customers have access to millions of books in the Kindle Store, up to 12 free Kindle books a year with Samsung Book Deals, plus features like X-Ray, Smart Lookup, Whispersync and more.”
- LastPass: LastPass Premium is an app to help organize your online life by managing passwords and login credentials to websites without typing. Sync to all your computers and mobile devices, with all the features you need to be secure.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Samsung on the Galaxy Gifts program, through which millions more will be introduced to secure password management with LastPass,” said Joe Siegrist, CEO and Co-founder of LastPass. “We’re making it even easier for people to do away with passwords, and LastPass will log users in faster to the websites and apps they use every day.”
- Life360: This special offer from Life360 through Galaxy Gifts provides Samsung Galaxy S6 customers with a free subscription of Life360’s premium service for 6 months. It’s like giving your family superpowers.
“Life360 helps more than 50 million families and close friends stay connected and coordinated despite their busy schedules,” said Chris Hulls, CEO of Life360. “You can also get peace of mind in knowing your loved ones are safe, even if they live on the other side of the world. We’re excited to partner with Samsung in offering Galaxy S6 customers a six month free subscription for Life360 Premium.”
- Magisto: This special edition of Magisto is available exclusively for Galaxy Gifts and provides customers with three free months of Magisto Pro HD.
“Millions of users around the world use Magisto to create unforgettable movie memories with their mobile devices in only minutes,” said Poojitha Preena, Vice President of Business Development at Magisto. “Magisto on Samsung’s Galaxy devices is a great experience, and the Galaxy S6 makes movie creation and viewing with Magisto even more compelling. Samsung is offering Galaxy Gifts with an abundance of free offers, and we are pleased to offer an upgrade to our premium service as part of the gift pack.”
- NY Times Breaking News: The New York Times app features award-winning journalism on the Galaxy S6’s high-resolution screen. Galaxy S6 users can enjoy the first three months free with a subscription.
“The New York Times is committed to delivering our world class journalism to our ever-increasing mobile and global audience on the devices they use,” said Alexandra Hardiman, Vice President of Mobile Product Development at The New York Times. “Through this special offer with Samsung, Times readers who may not yet be subscribers have the opportunity to explore the vast amount of sections, articles, blogs, videos and graphics available on our Android app.”
- OneDrive: Galaxy S6 customers receive an exclusive offer from Microsoft OneDrive. They will receive an additional 100 GB of storage free for two years. OneDrive lets customers automatically upload photos taken with their S6 with enough space for 38,000 images and the ability to easily view and share them across additional devices.
- PAC-MAN Friends: PAC-MAN Friends offers a brand new PAC-MAN adventure for all ages. Samsung device owners receive 30 cherries free. Use the cherries to save PAC-MAN when captured by the pesky Ghosts and extend your PAC-MAN Friends experience.
“We are excited to offer PAC-MAN Friends for Samsung Galaxy S6 Galaxy Gifts,” said Shawnee Swarengin, Marketing Director for Bandai Namco Entertainment. “PAC-MAN Friends is an original, tilt-controlled, maze-running adventure that puts a new, fast-paced spin on PAC-MAN’s time-tested arcade action. Offering Samsung users hours of fun gameplay.”
- Parallels Access: Parallels Access is the fastest, simplest and most reliable way to remotely access all your Windows and Mac applications and files from your Samsung device. From accessing a single file that you forgot on your home computer to editing a complex document, Parallels Access gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you will be effective anytime and anywhere with just your mobile device. The six month free subscription offer for Galaxy Gifts provides Samsung Galaxy S6 customers with access to up to five computers.
“While traditional remote desktop products are trying to show a large desktop on a small mobile device, we worked hard to make remote access for Samsung customers a truly simple and effective experience,” said Jack Zubarev, President of Parallels. “With this in mind, Parallels Access enables people to interact with full-featured Mac and PC apps with touch gestures just as though the apps were made for their Samsung device.”
- Pocket: Pocket, the 2014 Webby Award Winner for Best Productivity App, lets you save articles and videos to view anywhere you go – from subway commutes to flights to kicking back on your couch. The Samsung Galaxy S6 comes with six months free of Pocket Premium.
“We’re thrilled to have Pocket be part of Galaxy Gifts. People all over the world can use Pocket to quickly save and consume the articles and videos they find while surfing through their favorite apps and sites on the Galaxy S6,” said Nate Weiner, CEO of Pocket. “Pocket on the Galaxy S6 comes with a six month subscription to Pocket Premium, which will take your productivity to the next level with powerful features designed to let you do more with the content you save.”
- Shazam Encore: Shazam is the best way to identify and explore the music around you. Get free and unlimited access to the ad-free version of Shazam Encore, available exclusively to Samsung customers.
“More than 100 million people use Shazam each month to magically connect with the world around them,” said Patricia Parra, Chief Marketing Officer at Shazam. “As part of this unique offer with Samsung, new Galaxy S6 users will have the opportunity to discover music – and soon, so much more – ad free with a complimentary copy of our Shazam Encore app.”
- VSCO Cam: Through Galaxy Gifts, users can download 10 free VSCO Cam® Presets of The Minimalist Collection – ideal for contemplative settings, portraiture and architecture. VSCO Cam is the premier way to shoot, edit and share your photographs.
“VSCO Cam® has established a new standard for mobile photography, making it easy for people all around the world to shoot, edit and share beautiful images,” said Joel Flory, CEO and Co-founder of VSCO. “We’ve been humbled by the tremendous reception that the global Android community has given VSCO and are proud to participate in Samsung’s Galaxy Gifts.”
- Workout Trainer: Workout Trainer provides 1,000’s of multimedia workouts led by expert coaches. Workouts come equipped with dynamic, move-by-move video, photo and text instructions. Galaxy S6 users can enjoy a six month trial of Pro+ premium membership experience.
“People want to live an active lifestyle but often lack guidance, motivation, and time,” said Maria Ly, co-founder and CEO of Skimble. “Samsung and Skimble are putting fitness at the forefront by partnering together and turning the Galaxy S6 into a dynamic personal trainer that gives you turn-by-turn multimedia directions to getting fit. New Workout Trainer users signed up from a Galaxy S6 with their Samsung account can enjoy a 6-month free Pro+ membership experience.”
For more detail about the Galaxy Gift package offer, please visit (http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxys6/galaxygifts/)
**The services listed above may not be available in all regions and features may vary by region and channels. ***Also, service provider may change the name and/or value of its application without notice. Restrictions may also apply.