Samsung Brings the Ultimate User Content Gift Package to Game-Changing Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO Tablets at CES 2014
- Samsng teamed up with more than 11 of the world’s leading mobile content and service provides to offer its Galaxy NotePRO users with a content gift package.
- The Content Gift Package consists of pre-loaded industry-leading apps and services such as Bitcasa, Bloomberg Businessweek, Blurb, Dropbox, Evernote, EasilyDo Pro, Hancom Office, LinkedIn, Livesport.tv, NY Times, Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z, Remote PC, Sketbook Pro, and WebEx.
- Only Galaxy NotePRO (12.2) and TabPRO (12.2) users can benefit from the apps and services.
Samsung Brings the Ultimate User Content Gift Package to Game-Changing Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO Tablets at CES 2014
2014 line to offer the industry’s most comprehensive collection of the world’s most premium, exclusive mobile content free of charge
Samsung Electronics announced that it has teamed up with more than 11 of the world’s leading mobile content and service providers to offer its Galaxy NotePRO users with up to approximately $700 worth of the most exclusive pre-paid, long-term subscription offers from best-selling news, social media and cloud storage providers.
▲Galaxy TabPRO 12.2″
▲Galaxy NotePRO 12.2″
“We are delighted to team up with so many of the world’s best mobile content and service providers to bring our customers with industry-leading apps and services,” said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics. “We are demonstrating our commitment to our mobile users by providing them with unmatched productivity right out of the box. The combination of Samsung’s best-in-class hardware with an unprecedented selection of premium apps, content and services will ensure an experience that supports all their creative and productive needs.”
Aimed specifically at highly sophisticated mobile users looking for greater performance and capabilities than anything currently on the market, the new Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets will extend their productivity with an unmatched range of some of the industry’s best mobile content and services. These tablets are designed to support every possible user need and provide them with a more progressive mobile experience across their work, home and play environments, delivering additional value with pre-loaded or free downloadable apps and services.
Content Gifts Offered Benefit and Availability*
|Bitcasa||1TB storage for 3 months|
|Bloomberg Businessweek+||Free Subscription: 12 Months|
|Cisco WebEx Meetings||6 month free subscription and unlimited meetings|
|Dropbox||Free 50 GB for 2 years (100GB for $99/year)|
|EasilyDo Pro||Free app purchase|
|Evernote**||3-12 month free subscription (dependent on country)|
|Hancom Office||Free Subscription|
|3 months of LinkedIn Premium Membership|
|LIVESPORT.TV||6 month free subscription|
|NY Times**||Free Subscription: 12 weeks|
|Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z||Free app purchase|
|Remote PC||2 year free subscription|
|Sketchbook Pro||Free app purchase|
** Galaxy NotePRO (12.2) and TabPRO (12.2) only
Find more about our partners:
· Bitcasa: Bitcasa allows users to store, share, backup and stream all of their digital belongings in a private and secure cloud. Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablet users worldwide can extend their storage with three months of the Bitcasa Premium Plan (one terabyte of storage) for free upon activation
“The amount of digital content consumers own is growing at an amazing rate and at the same time people want more flexible and secure ways of sharing and storing content,” said Brian Taptich, CEO of Bitcasa. “Our partnership with Samsung gives GALAXY NotePRO and TabPRO users a premium mobile platform with an added secure storage layer designed for a digital lifestyle.”
· Bloomberg Businessweek+: Read Bloomberg Businessweek+ free for one year and get fresh perspectives on global business news and market trends along with exclusive content and interactive features that enrich the reading experience. Bloomberg Businessweek+ is also specifically optimized for the S Pen. Samsung Galaxy NotePRO users can simply hover the S Pen over a headline for a full article preview.
We’re excited to provide the Bloomberg Businessweek+ award-winning content on a best-in-class reading platform,” said Oke Okaro, Global Head & GM of Mobile and Connected Devices, Bloomberg L.P. “The Galaxy tablet line’s premium display technology and S Pen enable Bloomberg Businessweek+ subscribers to have a more visually immersive experience with new capabilities such as being able to take notes on an article or previewing an article by hovering over a headline.”
· Blurb: Blurb’s self-publishing platform enables Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablet users to create high-quality photo books directly from Samsung’s pre-installed Story Album app, also available on the Samsung Galaxy S 4 mobile phone. The newly announced Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO’s large, high-definition screens make it easy to turn pictures into digital or print photo book masterpieces. All users automatically receive $5 off their first purchase.
“This continued partnership between Blurb and Samsung highlights both companies’ commitment to creativity and self-expression,” said Blurb founder and CEO, Eileen Gittins. “With large, high-definition screens, Samsung’s Galaxy tablets serve as the optimal medium to bring our user’s stories to life.”
· Cisco WebEx ® Meetings: It’s now easier than ever to meet on the go with the Cisco WebEx Meetings mobile app featured on the homepage of Galaxy tablets. WebEx Meetings is the industry-leading web conferencing solution that provides an easy and cost effective way to collaborate and meet in real time. Schedule, host, and attend meetings, view content, and meet face-to-face with two-way video. Galaxy tablets will also offer features that enable users to escalate a phone call into a WebEx meeting, start a meeting from the contact list, or special to the latest Galaxy tablets, share your screen for optimal collaboration. And for a limited time, Galaxy tablet users with the Cisco WebEx Meetings app pre-loaded on their tablet can enjoy a free WebEx Meetings Premium 8 account for six-months.**
“Whether people are on the go or at home, they should be able to collaborate with each other just as if they were sitting in the same room, said Rowan Trollope, Cisco Senior Vice President and General Manager, Collaboration Technology Group. “Samsung’s Galaxy tablets are an excellent platform for Cisco WebEx Meetings because they will give Samsung users that type of experience. Together, we are providing an exceptional mobile collaboration experience across a variety of devices, allowing business users the ability to collaborate with anyone, anywhere at any time.”
· Dropbox: Dropbox simplifies the work and personal lives of millions of people by letting them bring their documents, photos, and videos anywhere and share them easily. The service is used by more than 200 million people and 4 million businesses, with over 1 billion files saved per day. Dropbox offers 50 GB of space for two years with the new Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablet.
“Hundreds of millions of people around the world rely on Dropbox to keep their most important stuff safe,” said Christine Moon, head of mobile partnerships and devices at Dropbox. “Dropbox partners with Samsung to give users instant access to their photos, videos, and docs wherever they are. We’re excited to extend our partnership to the new Samsung Galaxy tablet to help people simplify their work and personal lives.”
· EasilyDo Pro for Tablet: EasilyDo makes sure you never miss anything on your Samsung Galaxy NotePRO. The app proactively reminds you of birthdays, checks traffic, notifies you about bad weather, tracks packages, organizes contacts, and more! With the Quad View Multi Window and Air View features, efficiency is easy to manage on a large, clear screen, all with the swipe of the S Pen.
“EasilyDo users value tools that encourage increased productivity,” said Mikael Berner, CEO and co-founder of EasilyDo. “Samsung’s Galaxy tablets provide the perfect vehicle for this, offering features that enable multi-tasking and efficiency on a large and beautifully defined screen.”
· Evernote: This award-winning application helps users live and work more effectively with the ability to capture and recall important information instantly. From thoughts and ideas to work documents and inspirational snapshots, Evernote syncs these essential notes across several devices automatically. Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablet users get unlimited monthly upload for syncing S Notes with Evernote and up to 12 months of Evernote Premium.
“Evernote users live and work across several devices and tablets are playing an increasingly important role in how they get things done,” said Alex Pachikov, VP of partnerships for Evernote. “The Galaxy tablet’s enhanced note-taking capabilities make it simple to instantly capture and recall thoughts, share notes created and explore your content. It’s one of the most powerful and productive Evernote experiences on a tablet today.”
· Hancom Office: Hancom Office for Android is designed for the PC user with friendly features for novice users and professional features for advanced users. As a result, Hancom Office is the ideal office program for both educational and work environments. By using Hancom Office for Android, which provides enhanced compatibility and supports a variety of document formats, Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO users can fully experience the Smart Work environment.
“It is an enormously significant opportunity for a line of world-class mobile devices like Samsung’s Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablet series to come equipped with Hancom’s professional office technology,” said Hong-goo Lee, Hancom’s CEO. “This will provide Samsung’s users with a powerful platform for productivity and further help establish Hancom as a global software company.”
· LinkedIn: LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with 259 million members in over 200 countries and territories around the globe. Mobile users can make the most of wherever they are and stay engaged with who they know, discover industry insights, and share their expertise. Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablet users will get access to three months of LinkedIn Premium membership.
“LinkedIn’s membership of professionals are increasingly mobile, and they need to stay engaged with their network of contacts, discover industry insights and share their expertise wherever they are,” said Josh Graff, Director LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, EMEA. “Samsung’s Galaxy tablets enhance this experience, offering world-class technology that allows users to access content and enjoy much more information on-the-go, enabling them to be more productive and successful.”
· LIVESPORT.TV: LIVESPORT is the home of official premium sports live streaming across digital platforms. It is a network of premium online sports channels, featuring top sports competitions from around the world
“As the official home of premium sports live streaming across digital platforms, we constantly strive to deliver our viewers with the highest quality viewing experience,” said Oliver Slipper, Joint-CEO of PERFORM, the owner of LIVESPORT. “Samsung’s Galaxy tablets deliver this ultimate experience, offering a massive widescreen display and crystal clear resolution, providing our viewers with stunning visual access to live coverage of a number of leading sports leagues and cup competitions from across the globe.”
· NY Times: Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO users can keep up to date with all the latest news with the NY Times on their tablet’s high-resolution screen. The application comes with a free 7-day trial and then the first 12 weeks free with a subscription.
· Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z: The Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary has been used by over 35 million people and is available for free download. Users will receive the free non-audio version of the application for quick and easy access to over 180,000 English words, phrases and meanings.
“We are delighted to work with Samsung to bring the market-leading Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary to users of the new Samsung Galaxy tablet devices,” said Paul Riley, Director of Channel and Partnerships at Oxford University Press. “The Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z app helps you to understand what words mean and how to use them. The app supports Samsung’s multi-view feature so that you can keep your dictionary open in one window while running a different app in a second window, making it an ideal tool for reference and study purposes.”
· Remote PC: Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO users can seamlessly access and control their home or office desktop PC over Wi-Fi, 3G, or LTE in order to use their favorite programs and edit and save files remotely making sure they don’t skip a beat while on the road. Users will be able to control their mouse, keyboard (with functional keys and keyboard shortcuts), multimedia, presentation or power system commands.
“It makes total sense for us to partner with Samsung on their new line of Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO tablets,” said Heyongsoo Seo, CEO of RSUPPORT. ”Our Remote PC app is the perfect complement to Samsung’s mobile users, providing them with a seamless way to stay connected with their PC hub at home or in the office through one of the best mobile devices on the market today.”
· Sketchbook Pro: Autodesk SketchBook for Galaxy, the popular mobile painting and drawing app, lets users create everything from quick sketches to masterpieces. Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO users can use the S Pen and SketchBook for Galaxy to unleash their creativity and turn their device into a springboard for new ideas.
For more information about Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO, please visit www.samsungmobilepress.com / m.samsungmobilepress.com
The new Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO line will be on display at the Samsung booth #12004 at CES 2014, January 7th through 10th, 2014.
* The services listed above may not be available in all regions and features may vary by region.
Also, service provider may change the name and/or value of its application at any time.
** Restrictions apply. For Cisco WebEx Meetings, Visit www.webex.com/go/samsungoffer for details.
Press Resources > Press Release