How “Ecobubble” Works
A washing machine cleans your clothes by mixing water with detergent to remove dirt and stains from the fabric. Samsung’s ‘Ecobubble’ technology (or ‘PowerFoam’ in the U.S.) reduces the surface tension of water, allowing it to mix more easily detergent into a powerful yet gentle foam that better penetrates fabrics.
① In the initial stages of the wash, the innovative ‘Ecobubble generator’ activates the detergent (surfactant)
The pre-dissolved detergent, finely mixed with water in the Ecobubble generator, enters the chamber.
② Detergents are dissolved much faster as it is less influenced by the natural surface tension of water.
Conventional washers need more time to mix water and detergent
③ The numerous tiny bubbles resulting from the mixture increases interfacial tension between the stain and the fabric, allowing the detergent to instantly penetrate stain.
The solution, in bubble form, is absorbed about 40 times faster
④ These bubbles help remove stains even in low temperatures.
⑤ Time and energy that would have been used to heat water, or pre-soak the laundry can be saved.
Washing can be done at 15 degrees Celsius, which uses approximately 70% less energy than hot washing
⑥ The washer also better preserves functional or delicate fabrics, which are becoming increasingly popular.
Ecobubble washing removed dirt and stains without damaging the water-repelling qualities.
Comparison of fabric damage by Ecobubble versus conventional washing – electronic microscope images and measurement of softness of washed material. Results from internal experiments*
Recognition from International Technology Institutes
– IEC(International Electrotechnical Commission Standards)
– EMPA(Eidgenössische Materialprüfungs- und Forschungsanstalt)
– VDE(Verband der Elektrotechnik)
– JD Power: Highest in customer satisfaction with clothes washers and dryers (2011, 3rd consecutive year)
– STIWA Test(German consumer group): First non-European brand to place in the Top 3 (2011)
– Altroconsumo (Italian consumer magazine): Best Test(March 2011) and Best Buy(March and October 2011) among front-loading washers
– CES Eco-Design Award (2012) and Eco Innovation Award (2011)
– Greenapple(British environmental NPO): “Winner” Award (2011)
Samsung Electronics will continue to innovate products and services to meet the needs and demands of consumers.
How Ecobubble Works
* The internal test was completed based on IEC60456 standard (Half load, Samsung cotton program (40ºC) vs.Super Eco program (15ºC)). Independent 3rd party test was done for WF1124, WF0804 models (4kg load). The test result may slightly vary depending on the model and environment consumers encounter.
Corporate Communications, Samsung Electronics
Products > Home Appliances