Roadmap for Tizen: Wearables, Mobile, IoT and BeyondShare open/close
The Tizen Developer Conference (TDC) 2015 is the place for application and platform developers to discuss the roadmap for the Tizen operating system. TDC is now in its fourth year, and will happen at an important time to discuss how Tizen will help shape key technology trends like wearables, mobile and the Internet of Things.
It’s probably best captured by the theme of TDC 2015: “Tizen: The Best Way to Connect Everything.”
Set in China for the first time, TDC 2015 will be attended by top Chinese IT companies like Tencent and Baidu, along with global technology leaders such as Samsung Electronics, Intel and Unity.
Participants can look forward to keynote presentations from six leading IT experts, and 38 technical discussions looking at the opportunities for the Tizen platform, from app development, design, gaming, television and IoT, to wearable devices and many others. All these sessions will highlight Tizen’s competitive edge as a technology platform and help define the future roadmap of the platform.
The conference will also showcase how the ecosystem of the open-source project is expanding to many different industries.
Samsung will announce at TDC 2015 how Tizen will fit into its broader IoT strategy.
Chinese partners such as Baidu and Tencent will unveil their strategies for growing their involvement in Tizen and how they will promote their cooperation with developers around the world.
The event will give participants plenty of opportunities to experience first-hand the many cutting-edge, Tizen-related products, including wearables, mobile devices and TV sets. Leading Chinese and international companies that partner with the Tizen platform will also exhibit their technologies and products.
Below is a list of this year’s keynote speakers and their topics.
- Hyogun Lee, Executive Vice President of Software R&D Center at Samsung Electronics: Present and future of Tizen, Tizen’s roadmap and progress, and Samsung’s IoT strategy with Tizen
- Guangnan Ni, Academic at the Chinese Academy of Engineering and Consultant for the China OS Alliance: Open source policy of the Chinese government and what it expects from Tizen
- Bo Wang, Vice President of Tencent Mobile Internet Group: Business opportunities and development examples utilizing Tizen
- Evan Spytma, APAC Regional Manager GM of Unity, a global game engine developer: Key features of Unity 5 and the business models that empower developers to publish to Tizen globally.
- Liu Jun, Vice President of Baidu: Introduction of service apps based on LBS (Location Based Services) on Tizen Platform
- Curtis Sasaki, Vice President of Ecosystems and IoT General Manager for Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center (SSIC): Challenges and opportunities for development in the Internet of Things
At TDC 2015, Tizen-based wearables, mobile devices, TV sets, as well as relevant technologies will be exhibited. The DevLab will offer an exercise session for experts and developers, to jointly develop new technologies.
For registration or more details, visit the event’s official website at www.tizenconference.com
Corporate > Technology