Samsung Technology Helps Unleash Your Full PotentialShare open/close
Samsung Electronics launches a campaign that brings together creative minds who want to use technology to make a real difference in society, and also helps young people face and overcome their most common fears. Launching People is a global campaign across 12 countries with two separate elements: Mixed Talents and Be Fearless. It builds on the success of a previous campaign that helped people use technology to realize their dreams and accelerate discoveries and possibilities.
Samsung’s campaign is a search for creative and innovative ideas that show how powerful technology can be when it comes to solving real challenges facing society. The campaign is aimed at today’s Digital Natives for whom technology is a powerful tool that they want to use to its full potential.
“We want to help people breathe and feel innovation, and unlock their amazing potential,” said Dr. WP Hong, the President and Chief Marketing Officer of Samsung Electronics. “Launching People is about helping them to create something that’s not only a dream or a passion, but also makes a meaningful difference to everyday lives.”
People around the world can participate in and follow the campaign’s journey of technological discoveries at www.samsung.com/launchingpeople and at Samsung brand pages across social channels including Facebook and YouTube.
Mixing Talents to Create a Spark
Some of the best ideas often emerge when people come together from two radically different backgrounds. That’s why Samsung is making the creative spark of “Mixed Talents” a key part of its Launching People campaign. By bringing together talented people with very different skills and knowledge, adding the ideas and imagination of the public, and contributing the power of Samsung technology and innovation, the campaign seeks to create solutions that are truly unique and make an impact on society.
Taking place in eight countries, Mixed Talents will address unique regional challenges:
- In Italy, for example, Mixed Talents hopes to improve road safety by tackling the 24 percent of accidents among young drivers of scooters and motorcycles.
- In South Africa, the focus will be on developing tools that help struggling entrepreneurs to get the skills and information they need in order to succeed.
- In Australia, the experts will tackle the issue of concussions in rugby, which is one of the country’s most popular sports. Technology can help make contact sports safer by identifying the risks and finding a suitable way of protecting players without impeding performance on the field.
- In China, accidents caused by jaywalking are what the Launching People campaign hopes to address.
- Across Latin America, meanwhile, there is a huge desire – especially among young people – to make a difference in society, but volunteer networks are not as strong as they could be. Technology can create tools to help volunteers to network. The campaign will explore how that can happen in Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
Using the hashtag #MixedTalents you can follow the stories created by two experts from two contrasting backgrounds and contribute to the program by adding your own idea.
Be Fearless to Conquer Your Fears
Millennials face a number of everyday fears, including common fears such as being afraid of heights, flying, water, public speaking, or even job interviews, and can be a hurdle to progress in their lives.
Samsung’s Launching People BeFearless program wants young people to overcome their fears and unleash their full potential, with the help of the immersive experience of Virtual Reality and Samsung Gear VR.
Working closely with Facebook and Oculus, Samsung has developed a four-week VR training program designed with situations that we can encounter in our daily lives. Participants in the #BeFearless program are able to learn how to conquer their fears through this VR training.
Carolyn Everson, Vice President of Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook, said “We applaud Samsung’s efforts in using technology to help people overcome their fears. We’re delighted to collaborate with Samsung as a communication partner to share #BeFearless stories and inspire people.”
Using the hashtag #BeFearless, the public can support participants as they launch themselves directly at what they fear the most – and then take the success stories as inspiration to overcome the fears in their own lives.
Launching People, Samsung’s global brand campaign started in 2013, aims to help people not only use technology to accelerate their full potential and realize their dreams, but also to make a real difference in society. Find out more about the program at http://www.samsung.com/launchingpeople.
Press Resources > Press Release