Samsung Unveils Internet of Trousers Fashion RangeShare open/close
Samsung Electronics, a world leader in Internet of Things and advanced components, announced the Internet of Trousers, a new lineup of IoT-enabled smarter fashion products.
The new fashion range includes an exciting collection of pants abounding with innovative functions. And, boasting an array of unique, contemporary styles that fit just about any lifestyle, these smart wearables are just that… wearable.
The intelligent trousers, which combine the latest in high-tech with high fashion, were designed to address the pain points of everyday apparel. Samsung has made smarter fashion a reality by embedding the new garments with ARTIK Smarter Fashion chip modules, which communicate with the Smarter Fabric Care app.
Key Internet of Trousers functions include:
- Wi-Fly: Gone are the days of unnoticed, unzipped trouser zippers upon exiting the restroom. Should your fly remain open for more than three minutes, the ZipARTIK module will send a series of notifications to your smartphone to save you from further embarrassment.
- Get Up! Alert: Using pressure sensors, Samsung’s intelligent trousers detect prolonged periods of inactivity and send notifications to ‘get up off of that thing’ at least once an hour. Should you remain seated for more than three hours, devices embedded in each of the rear pockets send mild electrical shocks to provide extra motivation.
- Keep-Your-Pants-On Mode: Sometimes it’s easy to get carried away with the moment. The Samsung Bio-Processor in your pants checks your bio-data including your heart rate and perspiration level. If these indicators get too high, Samsung’s trousers will send you subtle notifications as a reminder of the importance of keeping your cool.
- Fridge Lock: If the tension around your waist gets too high, the embedded ARTIK chip module will send signals to your refrigerator to prevent you from overeating. The fridge door lock can then only be deactivated with consent from a designated person such as your mother or significant other.
Q.U.I.L.T. (Qommon User Inclusion: League of Threads)
As with many other initiatives, Samsung will open up its Smarter Fashion ecosystem to other players as an open platform. Whether it be traditional apparel companies, top-notch designers or your grandmother knitting your next Christmas sweater, ARTIK fashion chip modules will be available for anyone and everyone.
Starting with ZipARTIK for pants, the ARTIK Smarter Fashion portfolio will expand to ARTIK S (for shirts) and ARTIK Sx (for socks, to help solve the problem of lost and/or divorced socks). These modules can run on low power while ensuring security and privacy. (Much like ARTIK 1, 5 and 10.)
For more information on Smarter Fashion, please do not click here.
* Samsung respects user privacy and will treat as confidential any and all personal data obtained by smart pants (included but not limited to belly bulge tension and perspiration levels). We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal data to any third parties.
** All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this article including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, components, performance, availability and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*** The Internet of Trousers, and all related products and features, are not actual Samsung products or concepts – at least not yet! (We’re still waiting for approval on Eco Trees, Samsung Fingers and Galaxy Blade Edge.) Happy April Fools’!
Products > Other
Press Resources > Press Release
For any issues related to customer service, please go to
Customer Support page for assistance.
For media inquiries, please click Media Contact to move to the form.