Corporate > Citizenship
Samsung Offers Flood Relief for Penang Customers
Kuala Lumpur, 9 November 2017 – In view of the recent floods in Penang, Samsung Malaysia Electronics today announced that its Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah are participating in the company’s flood relief campaign to provide support to affected customers in the form of free repair services for Samsung appliances and devices damaged in the torrent.
“In line with the company’s commitment to enrich people’s lives and promote social prosperity, the Samsung Flood Relief Campaign consists of inspection, cleaning and repair services as well as replacement of parts courtesy of Samsung. For the next two months, we will strive to help our customers through this predicament and as much as possible revive the affected appliances and devices so customers can once again return to a life of convenience that comes with Samsung products. As we are expecting an influx of repair requests, we hope that our customers exercise patience during this period and we wish them the best as they recover from the floods,” said Mr. Lee Sang Hoon, President of Samsung Malaysia Electronics.
From now until 31st December 2017, selected Samsung Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah will attend to the repairs of damaged Samsung products caused directly by the flood. For repair services of In-Home Products (television above 32-inch, washing machine, refrigerator, and air conditioner), customers are first required to call Samsung care-line at 1800-22-8899 (for mobile devices) or 1800-88-9999 (for other products) to book an appointment. Samsung authorised technicians will subsequently make house visits to carry out inspection on the affected products.
For Carry In Products (mobile devices, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven, air purifier, television below 29-inch, and audio home systems), customers are required to send in their affected Samsung products to the authorised Samsung Service Centres located in Penang or Kedah, where Samsung authorised technicians will then attend to the repair request on the damaged product. Operating days and hours of the selected authorised Samsung Service Centres may vary for different outlets.
Flood Relief Campaign For Samsung Products
Terms and Conditions
- This Offer is applicable for end-consumers of Samsung products only. Not applicable to any dealers, resellers and/or distributors.
- This Offer is valid from 8th November 2017 until 31st December 2017. Free repair services offered are not exchangeable and non-refundable for cash. This Offer is not valid with other on-going promotions.
- This Offer covers cleaning, inspection and repair services on the affected Samsung products. Repairs are subject to availability of spare parts.
- Free repairs are only applicable for any damages on Samsung products caused directly by the floods, which are owned by residents at the Flood Affected Areas (as defined below). Not applicable for any accidental physical damage due to mishandling, e.g. cracked screen and/or product damaged outside the Flood Affected Areas.
- This Offer is valid only for the following areas affected by the recent flooding in Penang and Kedah:
Pulau Tikus Kampung Masjid
Other areas affected by the flood in Penang and Kedah may be informed by Samsung from time to time.
(Hereinafter known as “Flood Affected Areas”)
- Cleaning, inspection and repair services will be arranged based on the availability of the authorised Samsung Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah.
PROCEDURE FOR REPAIR SERVICES
- The following procedure is applicable for this Offer:
In-Home Products (television above 32-inch, washing machine, refrigerator, and air conditioner)
- Please call Samsung care-line at 1800-88-9999 for appointment booking.
- Samsung authorised technicians will make house visits to carry out inspection on the affected products.
Carry In Products (mobile devices, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven, air purifier, television below 29-inch, and audio home system)
- End consumer is required to send in Samsung products to the authorised Samsung Service Centres located in Penang or Kedah. For more details on the location of the authorised Samsung Service Centres, please visit samsung.com/my/support/servicelocation/.
- Samsung authorised technicians will attend to the affected Samsung Products accordingly.
- Operating hours for the authorised Samsung Service Centres may vary.
For further details on categorisation of the In-Home (IH) & Carry In (CI) products, please refer to our website at www.samsung.com/my/support/warranty/
For more information on this campaign, please call Samsung toll-free care-line stated below:
- 1800-22-8899 (For mobile devices)
- 1800-88-9999 (For other products)
- SCOPE OF WARRANTY AFTER FREE REPAIRS
Scope of warranty after free repairs is as follows:
- For the out-warranty repairs, if any part of the Product part was replaced by the authorised Samsung Service Centre during the repair, the new part installed shall be entitled to thirty (30) days Parts Warranty starting from the date of collection, AND all faulty parts that are replaced will be retained by the Samsung Service Centre.
- For in-warranty repairs, end consumer will be entitled to the remaining warranty coverage.
* For mobile devices, end consumers are required to back up his/her data before submitting it in for diagnosis/repair. Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (“Samsung”) and/or its authorised Samsung Service Centre shall not be responsible for any data lost during the inspection/repair process.
- Samsung reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of any dispute, Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision.
- Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any repair request where Samsung has reasonable suspicion that there is any dishonest, fraudulent or unlawful conduct or behaviour and/or any non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions stated herein.
- The Terms and Conditions herein shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and any disputes arising thereof shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.