Philadelphia, Pa. – June 29, 2015 – Samsung Electronics America today at ISTE 2015 announced plans to launch its Classroom in a Box suite of services to K-12 schools. In collaboration with McGraw-Hill Education, Samsung’s Classroom in a Box will be on display at Booth #3002 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center from June 29-July 1. The pilot will be available starting at ISTE through the end of September.
According to a recent survey of K-12 teachers conducted by Samsung and GfK, 91 percent of teachers feel that access to up-to-date training on how to use technology in the classroom is important to achieving success. Based on the survey findings, 81 percent of teachers agree that technology in the classroom enables students to get more hands-on experience during lessons. However, 60 percent of teachers feel they are inadequately prepared to use it.
“Technology can have a dramatically positive impact on student success, but it’s important to ensure that educators are equipped with the resources and skills needed to leverage its power,” said Ted Brodheim, vice president of Vertical Business at Samsung Electronics America. “Samsung is committed to developing the best in classroom technology, and supporting teachers and schools with professional development that offers a deeper exploration of 21st century learning to improve student outcomes.”
New Classroom in a Box Solution
In partnership with McGraw-Hill Education, Samsung will debut its Classroom in a Box – a fully-integrated pilot program that includes components needed to transform classrooms into technology enabled learning environments. This pilot is designed to let schools access market-leading digital solutions that are designed to increase student achievement. Schools have a choice of thirty GalaxyTab®4 Education 10” Tablets or thirty 11.6” Samsung Chromebook 2 equipped with Intel® Celeron Processor for fast performance. Both choices also include:
- Professional Development: Curriculum based professional development provided by McGraw-Hill Education to help teachers excel in the digital classroom.
- Classroom Management: Google Chrome Management Console, which comes on every device and allows teachers to control student access, track assets and provide layers of security as well as access to Google Play for Education.
- Deployment Services: This includes a site visit by a Samsung representative to ensure Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 4 Education or Chromebooks are setup and ready for the classroom.
- Digital Curriculum by McGraw-Hill Education:
- THRIVE: Thirty 1 Year Licenses of McGraw-Hill Education Thrive ELA and Math for Grades 3 – 8, Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and Geometry.
- ALEKS®: Thirty 30 Day trial licenses of McGraw-Hill Education adaptive learning solution for math, grades 3-12.
“Classroom in a Box will provide educators with everything they need to jump start digital learning in their schools,” said Scott Drossos, senior vice president of digital partnerships at McGraw-Hill Education, School. “Combining the advanced technology of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 4 Education or Chromebooks with the proven practices of Thrive digital lessons make Classroom in a Box a rich digital-learning experience, while also being easy to implement, scale and manage.”
ISTE Panels and Sessions
McGraw-Hill Education will be one of many solution providers – including Knomadix, Need These Pearson and SmartEd Tech – that will present alongside Samsung in booth #3002 during informative learning sessions on Monday and Tuesday. Sessions are designed for teachers, administrators and IT managers, and address topics such as inspiring literacy for struggling readers, using adaptive learning to improve students’ math confidence and creating captivating digital learning content.
- On Monday from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. in room PCC 201BC, Samsung will host a panel discussion, Redefining Professional Development for the Curriculum of the Future, where educators and education experts will discuss best practices for year-round professional development programs to support successful one-to-one learning initiatives.
- On Tuesday from 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., Samsung will host Transforming Special Education: Access, Interactivity and Personalization, a panel discussion on best practices to effectively leverage tablets with special education students, also in room PCC 201BC. The sessions are open to all ISTE 2015 attendees.
The full line-up of Samsung’s education products and solutions will be on display at ISTE this week including Galaxy Tab 4 Education, Samsung Chromebook 2 with Intel Processor, Samsung School, Interactive Whiteboards, Samsung’s Printing Solutions and Samsung’s WLAN Solution.
Samsung’s WLAN Solution, built on its own LTE technology, delivers superior Wi-Fi connectivity for multimedia content streaming and other learning applications. Ideal for schools implementing 1:1 computing initiatives, Samsung WLAN’s innovative integrated technologies optimize wireless networks to support a greater number of connected devices with no loss of service and higher throughput, creating a truly connected classroom experience.
To learn more about Samsung’s Classroom in a Box and Professional Development, please visit https://youtu.be/cZXP02Az6ds. More information on Samsung’s full technology portfolio for education is available at www.samsung.com/education.
- Website: http://samsung.com/education
- Blog: http://samsungbusinessblog.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/samsung-in-education
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SamsungBizUSA
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/samsungbizUSA
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/SamsungBusinessUSA
About Samsung Business
As a global leader in enterprise mobility and information technology, Samsung Business provides a diverse portfolio of enterprise technologies from smartphones to wearables, tablets, digital displays, hospitality TVs, printers and medical diagnostic equipment. We are committed to putting the business customer at the core of everything we do by delivering comprehensive products, solutions and services across diverse industries including retail, healthcare, hospitality, education and government. Samsung Business is committed to helping customers realize the promise of a digital business. For more information, please visit samsung.com/business, call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung Business via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, mobile products and wearables, wireless infrastructure, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages. Visit us at mheducation.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.