[Update] It’s Time for Climate Week at Samsung 837 and Samsung 837X
- Samsung is bringing people together in real life at Samsung 837, in the metaverse at Samsung 837X, on the Samsung US Discord server and using #RecycleUp on TikTok for Climate Week.
- The company is hosting a sustainability-focused event series all week long from September 19-25 to celebrate every day actions that have a meaningful impact.
- The week will consist of a variety of events for all to enjoy, including Samsung’s first ever simul-verse #RecycleUp fashion show simultaneously IRL at Samsung 837 and Samsung 837X.
The time has come to join Samsung in connecting, creating and combatting climate change!
At Samsung, we are working together to make everyday changes that have a meaningful impact on the environment. On average, we collect and recycle 100 million pounds of e-waste per year in the U.S. alone – and that is only 10% of what we collect and recycle globally. That’s like recycling the weight of five Eiffel Towers.
We see you doing your part to reduce waste and build a greener future, from upcycling, to composting food scraps, to carrying around your reusable water bottle. Now it’s time to not only celebrate these actions, but continue to fuel the movement that you’ve created.
Happening now from September 19th through September 25th, Samsung is bringing people together for Climate Week at Samsung 837, our flagship location in New York City, in the metaverse at Samsung 837X and on the Samsung US Discord server. To keep the sustainability celebration going, fans can show off their own upcycled styles for the chance to win awesome prizes with the TikTok #RecycleUp challenge through October 12th.
Visitors can join in a variety of ways for a weeklong immersive experience that celebrates everyday changes that have a meaningful impact. Check out a sneak peek of the upcoming events below.
- Monday, 9/19: Take some time to smell the roses and spend your evening with Flower Bodega. Mix and mingle with others at the event before sitting down to hear from Molly Burke, Fleetwood Florals; Robert Luebcke, Van Vliet; LaParis Phillips, Brooklyn Blooms; Liza Lubell, Garbage Goddess; and, Flower Bodega’s Aurea Sanabria Moleai, as they chat about the behind-the-scenes process. Get inspired with a piece of the flower installation and explore how you can sustainably spruce up your home using nature’s décor.
- Tuesday, 9/20: Andrew Burgess, Anna Molinari, Chris Mena, Gabrielle Mendoza, Kelsey Reese, Kevin Pimentel, Paige Sechrist, Paola Gonzalez, Reilly Fitzsimmons and Tracy Garcia take the stage IRL during the Samsung #RecycleUp fashion show, hosted by Nicole McLaughlin. Here’s what you can expect from the night:
- 5:00 pm: Get to Samsung 837 early and shop the pop-up upcycle marketplace featuring product from designers in the show!
- 6:00 pm: Join Nicole before the show at Samsung 837 for a special panel discussion with a few of the influencers, Samsung’s Mark Newton, Head of Corporate Sustainability, and the NYC Fair Trade Coalition’s Andrea Reyes, as they take a deeper dive into designing for sustainable change.
- 6:30 pm: Musical Performance by Mikhala Jené.
- 7:00 pm: #RecycleUp fashion show with music provided by DJ ERNZ.
- 7:30 -10:00 pm: Enjoy the After Party with a DJ set by MICK.
- Wednesday, 9/21: Join NYC Fair Trade Coalition and Reclypt for an upcycled fashion forum and mixer. Watch as upcycle designers showcase their designs throughout the day, participate in a workshop, learn how to mend your own upcycled clothing and hear from a panel of upcycle thought leaders at Samsung 837. And keep an eye out for an exciting announcement regarding the 13th annual Samsung Solve for Tomorrow competition, in which public school students develop innovative ideas to build a better future using STEM.
- Thursday 9/22: Samsung will be participating in this year’s Fast Company Innovation Festival as the event returns to New York City. The Fast Track Session titled, “How to Practice Everyday Sustainability” will go behind the scenes at Samsung’s 837 experience store and offer conference attendees the chance to dive deeper into what sustainability means to Samsung with experts and live interactive installations. More information on conference registration can be found here.
- Friday 9/23: Samsung employees will be participating in the 12th annual Samsung Gives Day of Service and spending the day making a difference in local communities nationwide. Stay tuned for more information about some of our event partners and find out how you can drive positive change in your community. Later that day, visit Samsung 837 as inclusivity meets sustainability for a fashion forward event with PerfectDD.
- Saturday 9/24: Kick off your weekend with a fun day for the whole family. Carrie Pennie is coming to Samsung 837 for a kid-friendly Upcycling Art Event. Let innovation flow as these young artists explore the endless possibilities using upcycled materials, before putting their masterpieces on display.
To continue the celebration, Samsung is offering a special Climate Week product promotion! Starting Monday, September 19th, bundle and save when you buy a Certified Re-Newed Galaxy S21+ and get Galaxy Buds2 Pro for $100! Our refurbished Certified Re-Newed devices help reduce e-waste and Galaxy Buds2 Pro are made with 90% recycled materials. Visit Samsung.com to learn more about our products with eco-conscious features.
For more details and how to get involved, head over to Samsung.com. See you there!