Samsung Donates $1M to Support Texas-Based Community Partners for Winter Storm Recovery
- Samsung donates $1 million to Texas community partners to aid in winter storm recovery and relief efforts.
- Samsung donations will provide Texans with food, water, health services, home repair and shelter.
- For 25 years, Texas has been a U.S. hub for Samsung, spanning mobile sales and marketing, R&D, 5G innovation and semiconductor manufacturing.
Today, Samsung announced a $1 million donation to community partners in Central and North Texas to support winter storm recovery and relief efforts. These donations will help address food insecurity, home repairs, basic needs and shelters.
“People are in need, and Samsung wants to help,” said K.S. Choi, President and CEO, Samsung Electronics North America. “We remain committed to the communities where we live, work and support our customers. Working together with our partners, we will support these communities as quickly as possible.”
Last year, Samsung donated more than $4 million to non-profit organizations across the U.S. to aid in COVID-19 relief efforts in the local communities where our employees live and work. Today’s donations will provide food, water, health services and shelter through partners, including:
- Central Texas Food Bank to provide hunger relief for Central Texans affected by the pandemic, impacted by shutdowns and work stoppages.
- Foundation Communities to provide support for those seeking permanent housing
- Austin Area Urban League to provide home repairs, shelter and safety for at-risk communities #LoveThyNeighborTX
- Austin Disaster Relief Network to provide disaster relief services and address basic needs
- North Texas Food Bank to provide hunger relief for North Texans
“We understand how the winter storm severely impacted our lives and our businesses and we want to help lift up those individuals and families who are in need,” said Dr. Sang Sup Jeong, President, Samsung Austin Semiconductor. “We are all in this together. As we celebrate 25 years in Austin, we want to demonstrate our appreciation and support of this community with this gift as we all recover together.”
For 25 years, Texas has been a U.S. hub for Samsung, spanning mobile sales and marketing, R&D, 5G innovation and semiconductor manufacturing. The company has more than 6,000 employees and has invested more than $17 billion in the state over the past few decades.
The company provides additional community support through ongoing employee match programs and safe, targeted volunteer efforts.
We stand with our Texas community and will continue to evaluate ways to provide assistance and resources to those in need.