Samsung Electronics Debuts New Interactive Display at ISTELive 2023
Attendees can be among the first to preview the new Interactive Display’s collaboration capabilities and learn innovative teaching practices from expert Samsung Education Coaches
Samsung Electronics America, Inc., an industry leader in the global display market (Booth #1912), will officially debut its new Interactive Display (model name: WAC) at the 2023 ISTELive conference in Philadelphia (June 25-28). Available for purchase today, the Interactive Display is the first Samsung interactive solution built on the Android Operating System, enabling an intuitive user interface for educators to enrich the classroom experience right out of the box. Watch Matt Miller, speaker and author of Ditch That Textbook, unbox the Interactive Display here.
Designed for Simplicity and Students
Available in 65-, 75- and 86-inch models, the Samsung Interactive Display is an all-in-one collaboration hub that instantly re-energizes classrooms through simple and seamless connectivity. Educators can engage with students by wirelessly connecting their own devices to the board regardless of OS or device manufacturer. This makes it easy to share and interact with content between the display and individual devices, creating an immersive classroom environment where every student feels included. Educators also can customize their home screen bar to quickly access intelligent apps and built-in tools, such as a calculator, timer and screen recorder, to inject new creativity into lesson delivery.
The Samsung Interactive Display also allows the simultaneous sharing of up to nine screens and multiple windows of content for maximum productivity. To further enhance interactivity in the classroom, the display features a multi-touch capability where up to 20 users can write and draw on the board with a specially designed pen or their fingers at the same time. Each display includes two pens with a double-sided nib that allows users to switch effortlessly between the front pen and back highlighter without changing their settings or interrupting the flow of instruction.
“While traditional classrooms center on unidirectional teaching, schools today are finding collaborative classrooms – where students are free to interact and think creatively together – far more conducive to engagement, knowledge retention and skills development,” said James Fishler, Senior Vice President Display and Home Entertainment, Samsung Electronics America. “We are excited for the opportunity to showcase the transformative impact of display technology and inspiring new ideas for teaching and fostering collaborative learning to make a difference in schools and the academic lives of every student.”
Samsung Displays Connect the Campus Community
The 2023 EdTech Breakthrough Awards recognized Samsung as the Best Overall IT Solution Provider for the Education Market. The company will feature its comprehensive range of Display Solutions at ISTELive, all of which are helping K-12 schools better connect their campuses and engage students, faculty and staff as a community. Products on display will include:
- The Wall All-in-One transforms school lobbies, entrances or auditoriums with vibrant and vivid picture quality. Easy to install and available in 110-, 130- and 146-inch models, the HD LED screen helps schools deliver unforgettable visual experiences for everyone on campus.
- The Samsung Kiosk brings the same self-service technology revolutionizing the restaurant business into the school cafeteria. The solution features an interactive 24-inch display for self-ordering with support for a variety of payment options including credit card, barcode, QR code and NFC. The Samsung Kiosk improves the student dining experience by expediting transaction time and offering new levels of flexibility and convenience.
- QBB Smart Signage delivers Dynamic Crystal Color powered by its Samsung 4K Quantum Processor for incredible picture quality and clarity. When installed throughout a school, these displays support campus-wide communications for important announcements as well as safety alerts in the event of an emergency.
- Outdoor LED Signage delivers clear and stunning visuals day or night, whether a school is promoting an upcoming event or school sports. Samsung has tested the display in extreme weather conditions for guaranteed performance.
- Gaming Monitors provide an immersive UHD visual experience for school eSports teams. Samsung’s booth will feature a gaming and creative station showcasing products like the Odyssey G7 monitor that offers next-level gaming performance with its incredible 4K refresh rates.
During ISTELive, Samsung will also showcase its partner solutions such as ScoreVision software that brings professional game-quality experiences to school sports. Video scoreboards combining Samsung Outdoor LEDs with ScoreVision software help to elevate game days by highlighting student-athletes and creating exciting replays or animations that leave a lasting impression on spectators.
Empowering and Supporting Educators
Over the show, the Samsung team of Education Coaches—including former teachers, published instructional design experts and certified Google Educators and Innovators—will present interactive sessions at the Teaching Theater in the company’s booth designed to empower educators and enhance learning outcomes. Conference attendees can glean insights on ways to improve classroom management, school culture, accessibility, student collaboration, digital citizenship, culturally responsive teaching and more. Session topics are based on Samsung’s diverse catalog of 60+ Professional Development courses, now available as customizable on-site or virtual workshops. Contact Samsung to learn more about customizing workshops to align with your school’s goals.
“Our team of Education Coaches possesses not only decades of teaching experience but also a vision for the ways in which technology can enrich the classroom experience, improve equity in education and support critical skills development among students,” said Dr. Micah Shippee, Director of Education Technology Consulting and Solutions, Samsung Electronics America. “We look forward to sharing our insights and engaging fellow educators in meaningful dialogue during these hands-on sessions throughout ISTELive.”
Samsung Education Coach Leticia Citizen will also take part in several panel discussions as part of the ISTELive program agenda, including “Building Community with BIPOC Educators: Reclaiming Our Future in Education” (June 27, 10 – 11 a.m. EST) and “Exploring Organizational Equity and Impact: A Community Story and Conversation” (June 27, 5:15 – 6:45 p.m. EST). As an educator with over 23 years of teaching experience, Citizen will share her passion for tech-enhanced teaching in her own interactive session, “Positive Digital Culture With Nearpod” (Monday, June 26, 10 – 11 a.m. EST). The session will share tips for creating a positive digital culture in the classroom that supports academic learning and social-emotional well-being.
To discover Samsung’s online resources for Professional Development, register for an upcoming Education Coach-led monthly webinar or sign up to be one of the first to join the Samsung Education Community Platform set to provide valuable community discussions, tips and training for educators.
Reimagine the Future of Learning With Matt Miller
Matt Miller of Ditch That Textbook will join the Education Coaches at the Samsung booth on Tuesday, June 27, to host a demonstration of the new Samsung Interactive Display, illustrating how educators can adopt innovative pedagogy and technology that increases student engagement. All of his presentations will be live-streamed on the Ditch That Textbook YouTube channel. On Wednesday, June 28 (10:30 – 11 a.m. EST), Miller will be signing copies of his renowned books on rethinking teaching at the Samsung booth.
Follow the links below to set a reminder and tune in to Miller’s sessions at the Samsung booth on Tuesday, June 27:
- 6 AI Conversations Every School Should Have (10:30 – 11 a.m. EST): AI has taken the education world by storm. Educators want to prepare their students in addition to preserving student thinking and academic integrity. Conversations will be key to setting clear expectations. But what do we talk about? This session will dive into six conversations every school should have about AI.
- Gamification: Let Students PLAY Your Class (11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST): From mobile apps and retail rewards programs to board games, everyone loves gamification. In this session, Matt will share some of the best learning games out now and ideas for incorporating the best aspects of popular games into classroom instruction.
- Instagram-Worthy, Brain-Friendly Teaching Strategies (4 – 4:30 p.m. EST): The human brain loves images. It is a huge reason why social media platforms like Instagram are so popular. Thankfully, images can play a big part in engaging students in stimulating, attention-grabbing learning. In this session, attendees will gain five ideas to integrate images into their classrooms and discover how an interactive display can provide valuable support.
To learn more online about Samsung’s full portfolio of Education Solutions, please visit: www.samsung.com/us/business/solutions/industries/education/.