Samsung and Pitney Bowes Collaborate to Simplify Business Shipping with All-in-One Mobile Solution
- The SendPro Tablet is an all-in-one mobile solution, built in collaboration with Samsung, that allows businesses to simplify their shipping workflows across one, convenient interface.
- Integrating Pitney Bowes' innovative SendPro shipping application with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet offers a unique, portable and secure mobile shipping experience.
- The first-of-its-kind solution enables businesses of all sizes to easily select the ideal shipping option for everything they send, with access to exclusive discounts, saving both time and money.
Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI), a global technology company that provides solutions in the areas of ecommerce, shipping, mailing, finance, and data, today announced an important evolution of the SendPro family with the addition of the SendPro Tablet, an all-in-one mobile solution that allows businesses to simplify their shipping workflows. The first-of-its-kind solution was built in collaboration with Samsung Electronics America, integrating Pitney Bowes’ innovative SendPro shipping application with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet to deliver a unique, portable and secure mobile shipping experience.
The shipping solution uses the large Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet pre-loaded with the SendPro Online app, and paired with a wireless keyboard, wireless label printer, and 70 lb. scale. It is secured for enterprise use with Samsung Knox – the company’s defense-grade security platform – which was a key element in Pitney Bowes’ selection of Samsung for its first SendPro Tablet solution. The platform is also supported by Knox Configure, making it easy for IT managers to send regular software updates, ensure the smooth functioning of applications, and provide customers with a seamless customer experience.
“The SendPro Tablet represents the next step in the evolution of office shipping and mailing to better meet the needs of today’s businesses,” said Jason Dies, EVP and President, Pitney Bowes Sending Technology Solutions. “By combining our shipping expertise with Samsung’s leadership in mobile technology and security, this introduces the digital innovations necessary to optimize portable smart technology and help our increasingly mobile clients get the flexibility to send from virtually anywhere in their office. This essentially removes the need for employees to be anchored to their desks or the mailroom.”
Other cutting-edge capabilities of the solution include:
- Cameras on the front (5MP) and rear (8MP) that enable clients to pre-populate shipping information easily by taking a picture of an address.
- The Rate Selector that allows clients to compare rates across major carriers to easily pick the best option – including cost and delivery time – to fulfill their needs.
- A long-lasting battery, optimized by a powerful Octa-core processor and a beautiful high-resolution screen.
- Flexibility and mobility to print shipping labels from any location in an office or facility.
“We are proud to collaborate with Pitney Bowes to create the first tablet-based SendPro shipping solution that transforms how businesses manage their shipping processes in today’s digital era,” said Taher Behbehani, Head of B2B Mobile, Samsung Electronics America. “Samsung’s enterprise tablet solutions help companies empower their mobile workforce to overcome real-world challenges, and this is a prime example of how we join with partners in our open ecosystem to help enterprises digitize their business practices in productive new ways.”
SendPro Tablet delivers a unique client experience, unmatched in today’s mobile business world. The multi-carrier platform enables businesses of all sizes to easily select the ideal sending option for everything they send, with access to exclusive discounts not available at the post office or carrier storefronts, saving businesses both time and money. Full shipment tracking and spend history across carriers is also available in one, convenient interface.
“The SendPro Tablet creates efficiencies that save our business time and money on each package we send,” said Cynthia Reed, Firm Administrator, Bucheri McCarthy and Metz LLP. “The reports provide us with the ability to understand and control shipping expenses, allowing us to spend in other areas of the business.”