Samsung Raises the Bar with Galaxy S10: More Screen, Cameras and ChoicesShare open/close
New premium smartphone experiences help celebrate 10 years of Galaxy innovations
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – February 20, 2019 – Celebrating a decade since the launch of the first Galaxy S, Samsung introduces a new line of premium smartphones: Galaxy S10. With three unique devices, the Galaxy S10 line is engineered to meet the distinct needs of today’s smartphone market, so consumers can do more of what they love. Each device delivers a next-generation experience in the categories consumers care about most: ground-breaking innovations in display, camera and performance.
A testament to a decade of innovations, Galaxy S10 is designed for those who want a premium smartphone with powerful performance and sets the stage for the next generation of mobile experiences. For consumers looking for a supercharged device, Galaxy S10+ takes every spec – from display, to camera, to performance – to the next level. Galaxy S10e is built for those who want all the premium essentials in a compact package on a flat screen. Finally, Galaxy S10 4G is created for those who want more of everything and are ready for the fastest available speeds and the most powerful features. Featuring the all-new Dynamic AMOLED display, next-generation camera, and intelligent performance, the Galaxy S10 line offers consumers more choices and sets a new standard for the smartphone.
“Since its launch ten years ago, the Galaxy S series has stood for premium innovation – offering consumers an incredible experience, and the ability to find the device that’s right for them,” said Justin Hume, Director – Integrated Mobility, Samsung Electronics South Africa. “Galaxy S10 builds on that incredible legacy, and delivers breakthrough display, camera, and performance innovations. With three premium devices, each built for a unique consumer in mind, Samsung is leveraging a decade of industry leadership to usher in a new era of smartphone technology.”
Introducing the Dynamic AMOLED Display: Full Screen Experience with Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner
Galaxy S10 is made with Samsung’s best screen yet, the world’s first Dynamic AMOLED display. As the first HDR10+-certified smartphone, the display delivers vivid digital content, and with dynamic tone mapping, you’ll see a wider range of colour for a brilliant, realistic picture. Galaxy S10’s Dynamic AMOLED display is also VDE-certified for vibrant bright colours and extraordinary contrast ratio for even deeper blacks and brighter whites.
Verified by DisplayMate, you’ll also enjoy exceptionally accurate colours on your mobile device– even in harsh sunlight. What’s more, the Dynamic AMOLED display also reduces blue light through its TÜV Rheinland-certified Eye Comfort display without compromising picture quality or adding a filter.
The result of a ground-breaking engineering process, Galaxy S10’s unique Infinity-O Display packs an array of sensors and camera technology into a hole-in display – so you can maximise your screen real estate without any distractions.
Galaxy S10’s Dynamic AMOLED display also includes the first-ever in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner that reads the 3D contours of your physical thumbprint – not a 2D image of it – for improved anti-spoofing. With the world’s first FIDO Alliance Biometric Component certification, this next generation biometrics authentication offers vault-like security to keep your device safe.
Building on Samsung’s camera leadership of Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture firsts, Galaxy S10 introduces new camera technology and advanced intelligence that makes it easy to take epic shots and videos:
- Ultra Wide Lens: A first for the S Series, Galaxy S10 offers an Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view, like the human eye, so what you see is what’s in frame. Perfect for impressive landscape shots, big panoramas and even fitting the entire extended family into the photo, the Ultra Wide Lens ensures that you’ll always be able to capture the full scene.
- Super Steady & High-Quality Video Recording: Galaxy S10 offers Super Steady recording with digital stabilization technology. Whether you’re dancing in the middle of an amazing concert or trying to record every detail of a bumpy bike ride, Super Steady allows you to capture the moment. Both front and rear cameras can shoot in up to UHD quality, and in an industry first, the rear camera gives you the flexibility to record in HDR10+.
- AI Camera: Galaxy S10 makes already smart features more accurate with a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) so you can get pro-grade shots worth sharing without having to manually select any advanced camera settings. Scene Optimizer can now recognize and more accurately process additional scenes because of the NPU. And with Shot Suggestion, Galaxy S10 offers automatic composition recommendations so you can frame your photo better than ever.
Intelligent Performance Features to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Phone
Galaxy S10 is built with premium hardware and machine-learning-based software that works hard so you don’t have to. From brand new power sharing capabilities to AI-powered performance enhancement and Intelligent Wi-Fi, Galaxy S10 is Samsung’s most intelligent device yet, from the inside out.
- Wireless PowerShare: Samsung introduces Wireless PowerShare on Galaxy S10, making it possible to easily charge Qi-certified smartphones and even compatible wearable devices. In addition, Galaxy S10 is capable of charging itself and a second device simultaneously via Wireless PowerShare, while connected to a regular charger, enabling you to leave your second charger at home while on a trip.
- Intelligent Performance: The new AI software on the Galaxy S10 automatically optimizes battery, CPU, RAM, and even device temperature based on how you use your phone and continues to learn and get better over time. Leveraging AI-capabilities, Galaxy S10 also learns how you use your device to launch your most frequently used apps faster.
- Intelligent Wi-Fi: Galaxy S10 comes with Intelligent Wi-Fi that allows for an uninterrupted and safe connection by seamlessly switching between Wi-Fi and LTE, as well as alerting you of potentially risky Wi-Fi Galaxy S10 also supports the new Wi-Fi 6 standard, making it possible for better Wi-Fi performance when connected to a compatible router.
- Bixby Routines: On Galaxy S10, Bixby automates your routines and provides personalized recommendations to make your life easier. With pre-set and personalized routines, such as Driving and Before Bed routines, which are customized based on your habits, Galaxy S10 makes things simpler by automatically reducing device touches and cutting steps out of your day. The date for the release of Bixby Routines in South Africa will be announced soon.
The Best Comes Standard: Galaxy Foundation and Next Level Ecosystem
The Galaxy S10 line offers everything you have come to expect from the Galaxy S series and more—including Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, IP68 water and dust resistance, a next-generation processor and Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX. You will get the largest storage capacity available on a Galaxy device – the S10+ even comes with 1TB of built-in storage – and the ability to add an additional 512GB microSD card for up to 1.5TB.
- Speed: Galaxy S10 gives you the capability to access next-generation Wi-Fi 5, which gives you prioritized and four times faster access over other users in crowded areas, like an airport. Experience lightning fast LTE for downloading and browsing capable of up to 2.0 Gbps for the first time ever.
- Gaming: Engineered for the best possible gaming experience, Galaxy S10 is built with AI-based on-device gaming performance optimization software and premium hardware including Dolby Atmos for gaming mode and a vapor chamber cooling system. Galaxy S10 is also the first mobile device to be optimized for games created on the Unity platform.
- Security: Galaxy S10 is built with defence-grade Samsung Knox, as well as a secure storage backed by hardware, which houses your private keys for block chain-enabled mobile services.
Galaxy S10 Availability & Pre-Ordering
Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e will be available in Prism White, Prism Black and Prism Green, Galaxy S10+ will also be available in two, all-new, premium Ceramic models: Ceramic Black and Ceramic White.
The Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e will be available in stores and online beginning March 8, 2019 in select markets. Pricing starts at R20 999 for Galaxy S10, R18 999 for Galaxy S10+ and R15 999 for Galaxy S10e. Preorders for the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e begin tomorrow, February 21, 2019. For a limited time in select markets, consumers who pre-order a Galaxy S10 or Galaxy S10+ will receive a pair of Galaxy Buds (R2 999 value) for free. Listen to your favourite music on the go, and up your fitness game, when you get your hands on the Galaxy S10 earlier than others.
For more information about Galaxy S10, visit http://www.samsung.com/za/
Galaxy S10 line Product Specifications
<a*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice.
 According to DisplayMate, peak luminance of up to 1200 nits.
 Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+’s display has been awarded a certification for 100% Mobile Colour Volume with a contrast ratio of 2,000,000:1 by VDE Germany.
 According to DisplayMate, 0.4 JNCD colour accuracy at DCI-P3 color gamut.
 TÜV Rheinland, a globally recognized certification institute, awarded Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e’s display the Eye Comfort Certification based on its ability to drastically reduce the harmful effects of blue light. This certification can be found on www.tuv.com with the ID 1419064785.
 Available on Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10 5G. Galaxy S10e has a Fingerprint Scanner located on the power button.
 HDR10+ recording quality may vary based on sharing platform and playback environment; HDR10+ color is only available on supported devices or platforms.
Wireless PowerShare limited to Samsung or other compatible smartphones with WPC Qi wireless charging, such as Galaxy S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S8 Active, S7, S7 edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 edge, S6 Active, S6 edge+, Note9, Note8, Note FE, Note5, and Samsung wearable devices including Galaxy Watch Active, Gear Sport, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch (46/42mm), and Galaxy Buds. May not work with non-Samsung accessories or covers. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment.
 If you charge two devices simultaneously, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 for Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+ may not be available.
 Bixby Routines Driving routine only available in cars with Bluetooth capabilities.
 Water resistant in up to 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes. Rinse residue/dry after wet. Not advised for beach or pool use.
 Up to 512GB additional storage with external microSD card for maximum 1.5TB storage capacity available only on Galaxy S10+.
 MicroSD card sold separately. Availability may depend on country and manufacturer.
 Faster than previous Wi-Fi protocols. Wi-Fi 6 support may not be available depending on the country or region you live in.
 Actual speed may vary depending on the country, carrier, and user environment.
 May vary by country and carrier.
 Ceramic version only available on 8GB/512GB and 12GB/1TB Galaxy S10+ models.