Products > Mobile
Press Resources > Press Release
The Samsung Galaxy Note10 Has Arrived
Now available nationwide, South Africans can experience the Note10’s amazing features in the purpose-built Galaxy Studio
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – 23 August 2019 – When Samsung announced the long-awaited Galaxy Note10 in August, it immediately received stellar reviews and now South Africans can discover the remarkable reasons why. As of today, the Note10 is available in stores nationwide.
There is no doubt that the latest release in the Galaxy series has built on its incredible legacy in ways that have captured the imagination of the world. To mark the big moment, Samsung has created the Galaxy Studio at selected malls, from 27th August until the 9th September in Johannesburg and Durban. The Cape Town Galaxy Studio will begin from the 17th September until the 30th September 2019. These will be a unique experiences, that include the opportunity to experience the magic of the next level power phone.
On dynamic display at the Galaxy Studio
The Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ will be on display at the Galaxy Studio, during the following dates:
- Johannesburg – Sandton City Shopping Centre – 27th August until 09th September 2019
- Durban – Gateway Shopping Centre – 27th August until 9th September 2019
- Cape Town – Canal Walk Shopping Centre – 17th September until the 30th September 2019
Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ will be available in Aura Glow, Aura White and Aura Black. Pricing starts at R19 999 for Note10 and R22 999 for Note10+. You also receive a pair of AKG headphones worth R1500, for free.
More on the Galaxy Note10
The Note10, a new line of premium smartphones combines elegant design with powerful performance and productivity tools to help users make the most of every moment. Inspired by a generation that flows seamlessly between work and life, the Galaxy Note10 gives users the freedom to work the way they want and showcase their creative spirit, all on-the-go. For years, the Galaxy Note series has helped millions of loyal users around the world pursue their passions and achieve their goals, and with the Galaxy Note10, Samsung is helping users do more of what they love.
“The Galaxy Note10 re-imagines this promise for the modern Note fan who uses their smartphone to take their productivity and creativity to the next-level, and who effortlessly flows between ideas and endeavours at a moment’s notice,” said Justin Hume, Director: Integrated Mobility at Samsung South Africa. “Every element of the Galaxy Note10 was designed to help users achieve more. Whether they’re finishing a big project for work, capturing and editing a video, or playing their favourite mobile game, the Galaxy Note10 will help them do it faster and better.”
- Two Sizes: For the first time ever, the Galaxy Note10 comes in two sizes, so consumers can find the Note that’s best for them. The Galaxy Note10 opens up the Note to users who want the power of the S Pen and ultimate productivity in a compact form factor, packing a 6.3-inch Cinematic Infinity Display into the most compact Note yet. The Galaxy Note10+ features the biggest Note display ever with a 6.8-inch Cinematic Infinity Display on a device that’s still easy to hold and easy to use.
- Edge-to-edge Design: The Galaxy Note10’s edge-to-edge Cinematic Infinity Display is nearly bezel-less, while the in-display cut out for the front camera is small and centred for a balanced design. Samsung’s most immersive display creates a seamless experience between thought and action, viewing and creating.
- Best Quality Display: The Galaxy Note10 features the award-winning Dynamic AMOLED display. With HDR10+ certification and Dynamic Tone Mapping, photos and videos are brighter than previous Note devices and feature a stunning, wide colour range. UL verified the Galaxy Note10 display for its 98% colour and brightness uniformity. The Eye Comfort display reduces blue light without affecting colour quality for comfortable viewing.
- Handwriting to Text: The Galaxy Note10 brings a powerful new capability to the re-designed, uni-body S Pen. Now, users can jot down notes, instantly convert their handwriting to digital text in Samsung Notes, and export it to a variety of different formats, including Microsoft Word. Users can now customise notes by shrinking, enlarging, or changing the colour of the text. In just a few taps, meeting minutes can be formatted and shared; bursts of inspiration can quickly become editable documents.
- Evolution of the S Pen: The Galaxy Note10 builds on the Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled S Pen capabilities introduced on the Galaxy Note9 by adding Air actions, allowing you to control certain aspects of the device using gestures with the S Pen. By opening up the Air actions SDK, developers can create customised controls that give users the ability to play games or use their favourite applications using gestures.
- Samsung DeX for PC: The Galaxy Note10 extends Samsung DeX’s capabilities, making it easier for users to work between their phone and a PC or Mac. With a simple, compatible USB connection, users can drag and drop files between devices, and use their favourite mobile apps with a mouse and a keyboard, while keeping their data secure on their phone through Samsung Knox.
- Premium Video Technology: The Galaxy Note10 enables users to capture pro-grade video without having to carry around any extra gear. Live focus video adds depth-of-field adjustments so you can blur the background to focus on your subject. Zoom-In Mic amplifies the audio in the frame and pushes background noise aside to help focus on the sounds that you want. And to remove the bumps and shakes that usually make an action shot blurry, new and improved Super steady stabilises footage, and is now available in Hyperlapse mode for steady time-lapse videos.
- Quick and Easy Video Editing: Once they’ve recorded their video, Galaxy Note10 users can edit-on-the-go instantly right from their phone. The video editor can be used with the S Pen, so instead of having to tap to select or edit a clip, users can choose the precise moment they want to trim. For creators who need even more control over their footage, Adobe Rush on the Galaxy Note10 provides a sophisticated suite of editing tools, now even more accurate with the S Pen.
- Screen Recorder: For gamers who want to add some personality to their streams, or vloggers who want to enhance their tutorials, the Galaxy Note10 introduces Screen recorder. Easily capture what’s on the screen, use picture-in-picture to add reactions, and use the S Pen to annotate as they record for a more entertaining, engaging video.
- AR Doodle and 3D Scanner: The Galaxy Note10 integrates bleeding-edge AR and 3D capabilities into the camera. Along with an Ultra Wide camera, it opens up an entirely new medium for creators. With AR Doodle, use the S Pen to personalize photos with dynamic drawings, effects, and animations that track to the image. And with 3D Scanner, a ground-breaking first for the Note, the Galaxy Note10+’s DepthVision camera can take a scan of an object, and instantly turn it into a movable 3D rendering.
- Night Mode: People take plenty of selfies in low light situations—at dinner, at concerts or just enjoying a sunset. Night Mode, now available on the front camera, lets users capture striking selfies no matter how dim or dark the conditions.
- Super-Fast Charging: With just 30 minutes of charge, the Galaxy Note10+ lasts through the day with up to 45W wired charging capability.
- Wireless PowerShare: Wireless PowerShare comes to the Note. Users can wirelessly recharge their Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Buds, or another Qi-enabled device with the Galaxy Note10
- Gaming: As mobile games get more processing-heavy and graphics-rich, the best gaming experiences require top specs. The Galaxy Note10 features the world’s slimmest vapour chamber cooling system, which delivers optimal performance during gameplay while keeping the device slim and sleek. With the AI-based Game Booster, the Galaxy Note10 optimises performance and power consumption depending on the game. And with the PlayGalaxy Link P2P streaming service, users can pick up where users left off on any PC game and enable them to continue playing on the move with no need for local storage.
 UL verified Galaxy Note 10 for its Premium Hole Display with Colour & Brightness Uniformity 98% and Camera Hole Transparency 92%
 TÜV Rheinland, a globally recognised certification institute, awarded Galaxy Note10 and Note10 + display the Eye Comfort Certification based on its ability to drastically reduce the harmful effects of blue light. This certification can be found on www.tuv.com with the ID 1419071436.
 Available with Windows 7, Windows 10 for Windows PC, and High Sierra, Mojave for Mac
 Adobe Rush is downloadable
 3D scanner is downloadable
 Scanning area with 3D Scanner is limited to within 10x10x10cm by 80x80x80cm
 Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
 Available only for the Galaxy Note10+. 45W charger should be purchased separately.
 Wireless PowerShare may not work with non-Samsung accessories or covers. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment.