Important Statement from Samsung India

on 01-01-2017
Share open/close
URL copied.

This has reference to a few media articles wrongly associating brand Samsung with an unfortunate incident of a young boy’s demise on December 29, 2016 in Pondicherry.


As soon as a news report appeared, we initiated investigations into the incident and found that the Samsung device was not the cause of the fire that led to the young boy’s demise.


Instead, the accident occurred due to high-tension wire passing over the terrace, where the boy was standing. This fact has been corroborated by the local police.


We have already communicated our objection to the erroneous report filed by the local reporter of a national daily, and have requested its editor to issue a rejoinder in the paper and also retract the wrong portions of their online article with immediate effect.


We also request all other media houses to verify such information before putting out articles that damage our brand and reputation, for no fault of ours.


At Samsung, product quality and safety of customers are of utmost importance.

Press Resources > Statements

For any issues related to customer service, please go to for assistance.
For media inquiries, please contact

Check out the latest stories about Samsung

Learn More