Samsung India Collaborates with Microsoft to Bring Exciting Offers for Galaxy Note20 Consumers
Samsung, India’s most trusted smartphone brand, announced a collaboration with Microsoft India to bring exciting offers for consumers of Samsung’s flagship Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G and Galaxy Note20. The new offers are an extension of the announcement made earlier this month highlighting the expanding partnership between Samsung India and Microsoft. With the collaboration, Galaxy Note20 consumers get access to Microsoft 365 at a special price. Microsoft 365 is the productivity suite offered by Microsoft, which encompasses cloud storage, advanced security and access to premium Microsoft applications.
Samsung’s collaboration with Microsoft will ensure seamless integration between Galaxy devices with Microsoft 365 and Windows 10 PCs. Microsoft’s ‘Your Phone’ app with Link to Windows integration now enables you to easily access your mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC without disrupting your flow. It is convenient to send messages, manage notifications, sync photos and make and receive calls, all from your Windows 10 PC. Add your frequently used apps to your Taskbar or Start menu so that you don’t have to search your phone for your favourite apps.
“At Samsung, we work towards making the lives of our consumers more meaningful. The flagship Galaxy Note20 series is about maximizing productivity. The new wireless Samsung DeX and our close collaboration with Microsoft, lets you stay connected across work devices. Consumers will get access to premium Microsoft features and applications to integrate work between their smartphone and personal computer, giving them the power to work and play,” said Aditya Babbar, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India.
“We are excited to partner with Samsung in offering users more flexibility and productivity and connected experiences across devices. Combining the array of apps and services across Microsoft 365 and Windows 10 with Samsung’s new devices provides users seamless and productive experiences across their work and personal lives,” said Farhana Haque, Group Director, Devices, Microsoft India.
With Microsoft 365, Galaxy users get up to 6 TB (One TB per user for 6 users) One Drive cloud space with Personal Vault for advanced security. Microsoft 365 also gives users access to premium Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook among others, on all devices – be it your smartphone or laptop. With ‘Your Phone App’, you can access your Android apps from your Galaxy Note20, directly on your computer. Users can also sync Samsung Notes with OneNote feed to view their notes and reminders from smartphone on their computer.
Microsoft 365 Family is priced at INR 5299. Users of Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra 5G can purchase it from the Samsung Shop app at an effective discount of 22.6%.
- The consumer has to log on to Samsung Shop from the eligible Galaxy device
- Click on the ‘For You’ section and enter the IMEI number to check for eligibility
- Validate using OTP
- Make payment and purchase Microsoft 365 Family at a special price
- Upon receiving the Microsoft 365 key through email, Microsoft 365 account can be set up
Set up ‘Link to Windows’ on your Galaxy smartphone
Get instant access to your smartphone screen, notifications, calls, text directly from your Windows 10 computer with Links to Windows. Mirror your Galaxy smartphone’s screen and access to your favourite mobile apps. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Download ‘Your Phone’ app from Microsoft store on your computer and set it up in sync with your smartphone.
- On your Galaxy smartphone, tap ‘Link to Windows’ in the quick panel by swiping down from the top of your screen. You can also access this from Settings>Advanced Features>Link to Windows.
- For Galaxy smartphones that don’t feature ‘Link to Windows’, you can download and install ‘Your Phone’ Companion app.
- On the welcome screen, tap ‘Sign in with Microsoft.’ If you are already signed in, make sure you use the same Microsoft account on your computer and smartphone.
- After accepting the app permissions, tap on ‘My PC is ready,’ as ‘Your Phone’ is already installed on your computer.
- ‘Link to Windows’ setting will open up on your smartphone, indicating that you are connected to your computer.
- Open ‘Your Phone’ on your computer and access your most recent photos, screenshots, text conversations and notifications about incoming emails, texts and calls.