Samsung Reinforces TV Leadership in South West Asia with SUHD TVs, Curved TVs, Smart TVs Powered by Tizen and Made for South West Asia Televisions
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd., the global leader in Home Entertainment for nine consecutive years, today introduced an extensive range of SUHD TVs at its 2015 Samsung Forum in Bangkok. The new TVs set a new standard in premium Ultra HD content and elevate the viewing experience to new heights.
Samsung also showcased its expansive lineup of audio products, including Curved Soundbars, which complement and enhance the home entertainment experience with powerful and crystal clear sound.
“Our innovative heritage and spirit continue to push the boundaries of the home entertainment experience to new possibilities. Regardless of the content source, Samsung provides the best picture quality in the industry and will continue to do so with our SUHD TVs. Consumers can trust that we are more committed than ever to consistently deliver the superior home entertainment experience for years to come.” said Mr. HyunChil Hong, President and CEO, Samsung India Electronics.
The First “S” Branded TV by Samsung: New SUHD TV
Samsung reserves the “S” identification for its most premium, flagship products that signify a true leap forward in technology. As the first “S” branded TV, Samsung’s SUHD TV is designed to excite all senses, with sensational picture, seamless interaction, and stylish design.
Samsung SUHD TVs demonstrate groundbreaking advances in contrast, brightness, color reproduction and detail to deliver a superior picture quality experience. They utilize proprietary, eco-friendly nano-crystal technology and include an intelligent SUHD re-mastering picture quality engine.
SUHD TV’s nano-crystal semiconductor transmits different colors of light depending on their size to produce the highest color purity and light efficiency available today. This produces a wider range of more accurate colors with 64 times the color expression of conventional TVs. The SUHD re-mastering engine automatically analyzes the brightness of images to minimize additional power consumption while producing ultimate contrast levels. This ensures much darker blacks and an elevated brightness 2.5 times brighter than conventional TVs.
By collaborating with 20th Century Fox, Samsung has optimized content to meet premium quality SUHD standards. This partnership allows for consumers to enjoy an unrivaled UHD viewing experience. Samsung partnered with the Fox Innovation Lab to re-master multiple scenes from its critically acclaimed film, “Exodus,” by Ridley Scott, specifically for the SUHD TV. The result was spectacular – generating more vivid colors and lifelike scenes.
Samsung is also working with leaders in the industry to promote the secure and steady growth of a comprehensive UHD ecosystem. In order to establish premium UHD quality standards, Samsung has founded the UHD Alliancea coalition of companies united to set the bar for next generation video entertainment. The new body will implement new standards that support innovation in video technologies including 4K and higher resolutions, high dynamic range, wider color gamut and immersive 3D audio.
Furthermore, Samsung’s SUHD TV JS9500 features a chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen, and the elegant frame makes the display look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall. The SUHD TV JS9000 also has a soft, textured shirring design on the rear of the display, giving the TV a premium look and stylish edge from any angle.
Samsung will offer three new series of SUHD TVs – JS9500 and JS9000 – from 55- to 88-inches, so consumers have the flexibility to purchase the perfect TV that fits their style and taste.
Sophisticated and Improved Curved Televisions
When Samsung introduced the curved form-factor in 2013, it dramatically enhanced the home entertainment experience. Taking cues from contemporary art and architecture, Samsung’s TVs were designed and enhanced with many modern and minimalist highlights.
As the pioneer of Curved Televisions in the industry, we will continue to create demand for Curved TVs by adding new models to our product portfolio. IN 2015,we will be introducing Curved TVs in new screen sizes such as 32 and 40 to compliment every unique viewing environment.
Samsung New Smart TV Redefines the Future Entertainment Experience
As of this year all of Samsung’s Smart TVs will be powered by Tizen – an open source platform that supports web standards for TV app development. Samsung’s new Smart TV platform not only has a multitude of new features, but also a more intuitive UI, a more integrated entertainment experience, and more ways to access content than ever before.
• The new user interface for Samsung’s Smart Hub is more responsive and playful. It is simplified to just one screen, displaying consumers’ most recent content and tailored recommendations for even more entertainment options.
• With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognize Samsung smartphones once paired via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology. Consumers can share video content from their Samsung smartphone to their Smart TV with the press of a button. Also, users can watch TV through their mobile devices without any apps or complicated pre-settings.
• Samsung Smart TV owners can wake a bit easier with Briefing on TV. Samsung Smart TVs now act as an alarm, and sync up with Samsung mobile devices, to turn on and display important items such as the time, weather and consumers’ schedule for the day
• Samsung introduces Club Samsung, a single unified store for entertainment including music and movies in your preferred Indian language. With its intuitive user interface, it is optimized for television and can be also accessed across Samsung’s Smart Devices.
• Consumers will be able to enjoy premium quality content from providers such as Box TV, Sony Liv, Hungama and MTV Indies to deliver international titles to consumers in Southwest Asia.
• Samsung’s platform powered by Tizen allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, allowing easy collaboration with a number of partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
• With all Samsung TVs poised to become Internet of Things devices by 2017, the Smart TV compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung’s Smart TVs as the control center of any Smart Home.
Samsung Introduces Features for Southwest Asia
Samsung has always believed in closely reading the tastes and preferences of its customers and creating unique and customized products that cater to their requirements. We will continue this tradition in 2015 by launching Joy Smart TVs – a series of televisions made by Indians for Indians.
Joy Smart TV comes with built-in wifi which lets you access the internet and browse your favorite websites through its Smart Browser. Smart Share allows you to share content between your Mobile and Pen Drive connected to Joy Smart TV through Wifi Direct. Furthermore, with Joy Smart TV, you can mirror your smartphone content on your television screen through MHL as well as Wifi.
Samsung Curved Soundbar – Curved design to surround users’ senses
Samsung is introducing the Curved Soundbar that features a sleek and clean design. It complements Samsung’s Curved TVs from 55-inches to 65-inches, providing a premium audio solution that can also be mounted on the TV.
The newly-introduced 7500 series also offers enhanced sound quality with 8.1 channel audio, featuring side speakers on each end added to deliver a more equalized surround-sound experience. Also users can stream music through the multiroom functionality and wirelessly connect to TV through Bluetooth.
Products > TV & Audio