Samsung Ranks #1 in Customer Satisfaction by ACSI® for 5G Mobile Devices
- Samsung earned top scores for overall quality, product quality and service quality for 5G phones in annual American Customer Satisfaction Index Survey.
- 73% of consumers indicated that technical support was a key factor in their purchase decision. 89% stated that durability was also an important consideration.
- “This ACSI recognition is a testament to the investments Samsung has made to provide consumers value – in the products we manufacture and the convenient, expert customer care we offer,” said Mark Williams.
Samsung Electronics America has been ranked #1 for customer satisfaction among 5G mobile devices in the 2023 American Customer Satisfaction Index Survey (ACSI®). The Index, which surveys customers rating their own mobile devices, recognizes industry leaders for their excellence in product quality, service repair, mobile app reliability and warranty coverage.
According to Samsung research, 73% of consumers shopping for a new smartphone indicated that technical support was a key factor in their purchase decision. 89% stated that durability was also an important consideration. In addition to customer satisfaction, ACSI ranked Samsung #1 among 5G phones in overall quality, product quality and service quality1. The company also ranked #1 in perceived value among overall brand comparisons.
“Customers put a lot of consideration into their technology purchases. They want both peace of mind they are buying reliable devices that will work for their needs, as well as confidence that if something does go wrong, they have quality repair options,” said Mark Williams, Vice President of Customer Care at Samsung Electronics America. “This ACSI recognition is a testament to the investments Samsung has made to provide consumers value – in the products we manufacture and the convenient, expert customer care we offer.”
The ACSI survey is the nation’s only cross-industry measure of customer satisfaction. Since 1994, the survey has been recognized as a leader in analyzing consumer sentiment about the products and services used most often. Between April 2022 and March 2023, the ACSI Cell Phone Manufacturer Study surveyed over 4,000 U.S. consumers who recently purchased mobile phones to evaluate the quality of their experiences.
Samsung Care: Going the Extra Mile for Consumers
Samsung provides #1 Service Center Network Coverage in the US for mobile devices. Through Samsung’s robust care network, customers have access to:
- Over 10,000 Samsung Mobile certified repair technicians in the U.S.
- More than 2,000 same-day Samsung Authorized Care locations, covering more than 80% of the U.S. population for mobile product repair with a typical repair time of two hours or less.
- 700+ UBreakiFix locations and 200+ Best Buy stores nationwide, which offer same-day service support
- More than 450 ‘We Come To You’ vans offering in-person service within a 30-60 minute drive.
- Nationwide coverage across all 50 states to all mobile customers to get a repair performed via our Mail-In process.
- The Samsung Self-Repair program, in partnership with iFixit, which available for 12 phone, tablet and PC models
Expanded Digital Care Options
Over the past several years, Samsung has invested in the digital transformation of Care response and technical training centers to offer faster and more convenient access. This includes enabling people to contact Samsung Care via SMS text messaging. Customers can text Samsung any time by messaging 1-800-SAMSUNG to start a conversation with a Samsung Care Pro. As of May 1, 2023, we have fielded 3 million conversations via text message, helping hundreds of customers with their device care needs.
New Care Scheduling on Samsung.com
We are also expanding our Care experience to more devices via convenient digital service requests. Customers can use their Samsung Account to create a Mail-In or Walk-In service appointment, and starting this summer, a ‘We Come To You’ service appointment, on one of their registered devices in four easy steps. Payment can also be easily included if needed when customers are creating a new ticket. Samsung customers can also now create an appointment for Galaxy Buds or Galaxy Watches at one of our authorized walk-in locations or conveniently and sustainably ship your device to Samsung for mail-in repair.
And for additional peace of mind, check out these discounts on Samsung Care+ during the Discover Samsung Summer Event.
To learn more about Samsung’s commitment to providing quality customer service, visit Samsung.com.