Products > Apps & Services
Press Resources > Press Release
Step Into The Future With Samsung Pay
It’s secure, safe and you can pay almost anywhere. Here’s how easy it is to set up and use the magic of Samsung Pay.
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – 19 September, 2018 –You probably have your smartphone on you when you’re out shopping or tucking into a sandwich at your local coffee shop. When it comes to paying the bill, now all you need is your phone. Yes, the days of carrying a credit or debit card are numbered. With the recently launched Samsung Pay loaded on your phone, making a payment is as simple as a single swipe up on you Samsung Galaxy smartphone, authenticate via fingerprint, iris or PIN and tapping on the payment terminal to complete the transaction. Samsung Pay’s ground-breaking technology works on most existing payment terminals – as easily as your physical card does. This means that with Samsung Pay you can make fast, secure in-store payments on any contactless and non-contactless payment terminal. Now isn’t that convenient? Here’s how to join the technological revolution in a few easy steps.
It’s so simple to set up
Download the latest software for your Samsung Galaxy smartphone. Click on the Samsung Pay icon or download the Samsung Pay app from the Google Play Store. Once it’s installed:
- Scan your fingerprint or iris and create a PIN to authenticate your future purchases.
- Add a card by scanning it with the camera and following the prompts to verify your card details.
- Enter the One Time Pin (OTP) to activate your card
- Head over to your favourite store and see how easy it is to make a payment.
It’s like using your card, just safer.
- Swipe up from your smartphones inactive, lock or home screen or launch the Samsung Pay app.
- Authenticate yourself with either your fingerprint, iris or PIN code.
- Either tap or hold your smartphone near the payment terminal to pay.
Samsung Pay can be used with the Galaxy Note9, Note8, S9, S8, S7 and A8 devices, as well as the Galaxy A5 and A7 (2017 Edition). The cards you can enroll are your Standard Bank credit and cheque cards (Mastercard only), Absa debit, credit and cheque cards (Visa and Mastercard) and also your Avios, British Airways and Virgin money payment cards. More banks to follow. You can even enrol your loyalty cards into Samsung Pay, so if you do not have any of these currently supported bank cards you can still use the loyalty card feature to keep all your loyalty cards in one place.
The future of payments has arrived. Are you ready for the easy life?