[CES 2012] Anything but Routine, Samsung Launches a Laundry Appliance Game-Changer
Samsung Electronics is taking technological innovation and wonder in the laundry room to a new level with the launch of its 4.5 cu. ft. capacity WF457 Front-Loading Washer. Combining superior cleaning performance and a new Smart Control System that will significantly streamline the laundry process, the WF457 delivers the easiest and most efficient laundry experience ever.
Making its debut at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) January 10-13, the WiFi-enabled WF457 washer’s Smart Control system allows consumers to stay connected to the washer cycle without having to remain close by the machine. Consumers can, via a smart phone application, monitor cycle selections, remaining time and finishing alerts, as well as remotely start or pause the washer from anywhere in the house – a huge benefit to busy moms who spend time running up and down stairs trying to estimate when the load is done.
In addition, Samsung’s Smart Care system makes user manuals obsolete by quickly diagnosing washer issues and sending alerts to consumers’ smart phones. And the washer features the industry’s largest 8” color LCD touch screen – as intuitive as it is stylish – for easy cycle selection.
The WF457 washer is also the first from Samsung to feature Water Shot Technology, which delivers a cleansing shot of water with dissolved detergent and then a rinsing shot for dual rinse performance. These result in a cycle time that is up to 25 percent shorter compared with conventional washers.
Other features of the WF457 include:
• The industry’s largest capacity – large enough to fit 31 bath towels
• Seven Specialty Cycles to take the guesswork out of laundry and provide the best washing performance and stain treatment for specific occasions like Office, Nursery, Kidswear, Picnic, Gardening and more. And unlike most stain treatment cycles that only remove a specific stain, Specialty Cycles treat all potential stains and dirt for the best cleaning results
• Eco Seal to prevent the build-up of residue around the washer door
• Samsung’s exclusive Power Foam™ Technology, which infuses detergent with air and water to create a powerful cleaning foam that penetrates fabrics quicker
• Steam cycles in both the washer and matching dryer for enhanced stain removal, wrinkle reduction and fabric refreshing
• Stainless Steel Diamond Drum design that reduces wear and tear on delicate fabrics
• VRT Vibration Reduction Technology Plus™ which makes the washer so quiet, it can be installed on second floors and near bedrooms, even at 1300 revolutions per minute
• Smart Vent Sensing in the DV457 dryer that indicates blockages in vents and notifies consumers when its time to clean them, helping with overall appliance performance and reducing potential fire hazards
Recognized by ENERGY STAR as a ‘Most Efficient 2011’ clothes washer, the WF457 is leading the charge toward eco-efficiency within the industry. It uses just 96 kWh/year in electricity and up to 70 percent less water than top-loading washing machines, helping consumers save even more money on utility bills. In addition, the WF457 is the first Samsung washer to be Smart Grid-ready, a national program created in conjunction with utility providers to enhance the overall efficiency of consumers’ electricity consumption and CO2 emissions, saving energy and reducing their electricity bills. The WF457 was also named a 2012 CES Innovations Award honoree in the eco-design category.
The WF457 Washer and matching dryer will be available in Charcoal and white at major retailers in Spring 2012.
To see these new smart kitchen appliances and more first-hand, visit the Samsung booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The press conference will also be streamed live from www.global.samsungtomorrow.com.
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, to benefits, design, components, performance, availability and capability of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Press Resources > Press Release