Press Resources > Press Release
Samsung Electronics Redefines TV Experience with New Smart TV Powered by Tizen
- All of Samsung Smart TVs in 2015 will be equipped with its new platform built around the Tizen operating system.
Samsung Electronics Redefines TV Experience with
New Smart TV Powered by Tizen
Tizen operating system provides intuitive access to content,
an integrated entertainment experience and more choices than ever before
Samsung Electronics announced that all of its Smart TVs in 2015 will come equipped with its new platform built around the Tizen operating system. Tizen, a standardized open-source platform, enables flexibility with even more content and devices, allowing developers to easily create compatible content, while connecting users to a world of limitless entertainment possibilities.
“Building our Smart Platform around Tizen is a groundbreaking step towards a much more intelligent and integrated system,” said Won Jin Lee, Executive Vice President of the Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “Tizen not only enriches the entertainment experience for our customers today, but unlocks great potential for the future in home entertainment.”
Simple and Easy Intuitive Access
The redesigned Smart Hub is displayed on one screen enabling easy navigation and quick access. The new Smart Hub features easy access to content, with the first screen displaying your most recent content and tailored content recommendations for even more entertainment options. It also has optimized four-direction control that is both playful and responsive.
Another important update to the system is how easily the TV now syncs with other devices. Using Wi-Fi Direct, content is seamlessly shared from a mobile device to a TV and vice-versa with just one click. With Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Samsung’s Smart TV software automatically searches for Samsung mobile devices nearby and connects to them. This easy convergence has exciting potential—users can enjoy a multi-screen experience with access to entertainment across multiple compatible devices. Users can also watch live broadcasts or TV on their mobile devices, anywhere on their home network, even when their TV is powered off.
Integrated, Seamless Entertainment Experience
The way society consumes entertainment in 2015 has evolved and now includes multiple devices and endless content from a variety of sources. Recognizing this shift, Samsung’s new platform was designed to deliver an integrated entertainment experience that is at once streamlined and powerful. Key contents partnerships include:
- Samsung Sports Live allows users to watch live games while simultaneously checking team and player stats on the same screen. Samsung has also partnered with global games companies for a large and varied games catalogue.
- The PlayStation Now cloud-streaming game service available in North America offers PlayStation gaming on Samsung Smart TVs with no PlayStation console needed. With PlayStation Now on Samsung Smart TVs, users can play hundreds of PlayStation®3 games simply by pairing their TVs with DUALSHOCK 4 controllers.
- The popular dance game Just Dance Now, in partnership with Ubisoft, is available globally on Samsung Smart TVs. Users will be able to play and dance in front of their TVs using the Samsung Smart Remote and Samsung mobile devices. The game supports multiple players, so even more friends and family can join in the fun.
- Bingo HOME: Race to Earth is a gaming title for the new DreamWorks Animation movie HOME and features progressive bingo that includes casual, shared gaming on the TV and smart devices already found in the home. The technology is a new innovative eco-system pioneered by Samsung and Yahoo for multi-screen interaction in the living room.
- Samsung’s own Milk Video curates the most popular and interesting video clips from websites to give users access to premium content from a growing list of almost 50 content partners. To help users discover even more fun content, Samsung’s On TV feature helps users discover new content easily with intuitive recommendations.
More Choices than Ever Before
Samsung’s platform powered by Tizen allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, and allows easy collaboration with diverse partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
Tizen’s compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung’s Smart TVs as the control center of any Smart Home. Samsung’s new Smart TV with Tizen sets the standard for future Smart TVs, redefining the entertainment experience.
For more information, please visit: http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/CES2015.
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.