Samsung Electronics to Showcase Innovative Aviation-Focused Display Technologies at PTE 2015
Samsung will present a full suite of innovative Samsung SMART Signage solutions during its first-ever appearance at the Passenger Terminal Expo (PTE), taking place from March 10 to 12, 2015 at the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles. As an exhibitor at the world’s leading international airport terminal exhibition and conference, Samsung Electronics (Booth 2000) will introduce the latest digital signage and B2B display solutions that enable airlines, airports and terminal retail outlets to provide travelers with brilliant, real-time information while simultaneously reinforcing their own brands.
In support of the Expo’s mission to connect aviation professionals with up-to-date systems, services and products for more efficient day-to-day operations, Samsung Electronics offers customizable technologies including indoor and outdoor signage, video walls and flight information displays, among other solutions, that enhance the transportation experience. These technologies deliver up-to-date, information-dense content while also allowing businesses to optimize operational overhead costs. Through eye-catching displays, terminal operators can meet travelers’ demands for more effective messaging that makes the airport experience as fast, convenient and low-cost as possible.
“The aviation industry’s continued growth demands that airlines, airports and terminal retail outlets invest in modern visual display infrastructures to accommodate travelers’ evolving needs without taking on significant operational expenses,” said Seog-Gi Kim, Senior Vice President, Visual Display Business, Samsung Electronics. “At PTE 2015, we are bringing our vision for an innovative, interactive future to life through cutting-edge display solutions that expand possibilities for the transportation market. Today’s air traveler expects assistance and real-time interaction to navigate potentially challenging terminal environments, and our total display technologies provide detailed, cost-efficient solutions our transportation partners can use to drive growth and customer trust.”
Samsung Electronics plans to demonstrate a variety of B2B display technologies beneficial to the air transportation industry at PTE 2015, including:
• Direct-lit, LED display video walls (UD55D-P) featuring Samsung Electronics’ new, advanced Color Expert Technology, which enhances visibility through advanced factory tuning, color hardware and user calibration.
• OMD Series Semi-Outdoor and OHD Series Outdoor signage designed to help airport, airline and terminal retail outlets produce brilliant messaging with highly-visible and energy-efficient LED BLU displays; the displays deliver flexible installation, operation and maintenance functionality that allow powerful and attractive messages to be easily displayed — even in demanding conditions.
o Designed to be dustproof and waterproof, OHD Series displays are IP56 certified for superior performance and reliability.
• UHD, large-format displays (LFDs), such as the 85-inch QM85D, which provide optimized, immersive and user-friendly customer engagement solutions for airport terminal retailers who rely on digital content to capture the attention of travelers.
• Samsung SMART Signage displays offering a PC-less touch overlay that transforms screens into interactive solutions for targeted, navigable content browsing, including smart menu boards.
• Professional-grade signage displays that demonstrate real-time airport menu contents and make flight information update more convenient, reliable and continuous.
o Featured displays include: DHD Series (low glare surface, 24/7 usage); PEC Series (anti-glare surface, 24/7 usage); and DMD Series (low glare surface, 16/7 usage)
Press Resources > Press Release