Samsung Electronics Wins 61 iF Design AwardsShare open/close
Company recognized for multiple innovative product designs, including gold award recipients the Sero and the Bespoke customizable refrigerator
Samsung Electronics today announced it received 61 awards, including two gold awards, at the world-renowned International Forum(iF) Design Award 2020. Samsung was given 34 prizes for product design, eight for professional concepts design, 17 for communication design and two for packaging design.
Samsung received the gold award for the Sero and the Bespoke customizable refrigerator. The Sero, which means “vertical” in Korean, has the ability to pivot between horizontal and vertical orientations. This new lifestyle TV features a modern and elegant design that stands out in any space. The Bespoke refrigerator, customizable to customers’ personal tastes, consists of eight models ranging from one-door to four-door units and offers a replaceable front panel of the sleek door which allows mixing and matching of different materials and colors, reflecting personal preferences in style. The ‘Kitchen Fit’ door was employed to give a ‘built in-like’ look to any kitchen.
“Samsung Electronics has pursued lifestyle innovations based on both reflection of current trends and its insight into customer needs in the future. We will continue to strive to create the experiences that our customers want from Samsung with unique design thinking, incorporating innovative technologies and attempting bold creative challenges.” said Dontae Lee, Executive Vice President and the Head of the Corporate Design Center at Samsung Electronics.
Including the two gold awards, Samsung was given 34 other iF Design Awards in the product category:
- Galaxy Fold, a foldable smartphone that optimizes content viewing experience when unfolded and maximizes portability when folded.
- Galaxy Watch Active2, a smartwatch that has a soft, seamless silhouette with reduced bezel size for expanded viewing experience.
- Space Monitor, an integrated clamp monitor stand which helps maximize desk space and allows its users to reclaim their workspace.
- AirDresser, a clothing refresher that has a full-length mirror highlighted with a pinstripe pattern and color gradation to accentuate any space harmoniously with its premium look.
- Samsung Induction Plate, a portable and slim dual induction range, is ideal for cooking multiple dishes at once. It has a sleek design appearance, making it a refined centrepiece when placed on the kitchen or table.
Samsung won two iF Design Awards in the packaging category:
- Galaxy Fold package, featuring new graphics, showcases a folded version of the original Galaxy logo.
- Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ packages demonstrate an eco-friendly approach, removing unnecessary elements and using pulp mold.
Samsung won 17 iF Design Awards in the communication category:
- Foldable UX for Galaxy Fold offers seamless experiences between the cover display and main display.
- Emotional Air Conditioner UX emphasizes necessary information subtly yet vividly through ‘Ambient Lighting.’
- Samsung Flip UX is an intuitive electronic board UX that digitizes the analog experience to allow easy use.
- Samsung ‘Resonance,’ an exhibition in the Milan Design Week 2019 which was an integrated brand communication campaign to convey the spirit of Samsung’s design philosophy.
Samsung won eight iF Design Awards in the professional concept category:
- GEMS (Gait Enhancing & Motivating System), an exoskeleton that assists in posture correction and helps health management on mobile devices.
- Device Sync, a feature that enables effortless connection between IoT devices through Vision Recognition and real-time Generative Visualization technologies.
Organized by iF International Forum Design GmbH, the iF Design Award contest started in Germany in 1953. Design submissions are subject to comprehensive evaluation for design, innovativeness, functionality and seven additional categories including product, packaging, communication and professional concepts.
iF Design Award 2020 winners are announced online through the iF Design Award website and iF Design app and winning designs will be presented at the iF Design Exhibition from May 2nd to May 10th during Berlin Design Week 2020.
For more information, please visit https://ifworlddesignguide.com.