Samsung Enriches SAP’s Mobile Offerings with Android Devices
Samsung today announced that SAP AG has selected Samsung’s GALAXY S II and GALAXY Tab 10.1 for internal use. Today’s announcement marks the first time that Android-based smartphones and tablets have been deployed by SAP to help enhance employee productivity.
SAP and Samsung have worked closely together to optimize security on Samsung’s Android devices, providing enhanced IT policies for multiple device management on any scale. The Sybase® Afaria® 7.0 mobile device management system, available on enterprise class models including GALAXY Note, GALAXY S II, and GALAXY TABLETS, offers a large variety of enterprise functions, helping ensure that businesses can get the very most out of their fleet of mobile devices, providing a more flexible and connected workforce.
• Device inventory and tracking allows employers to know where their devices are at all times, delivering peace of mind and helping ensure that any lost devices can be safely reclaimed. If the device cannot be located, this function also enables the remote wiping of the device, meaning that no confidential data will fall into the wrong hands.
• With email and Exchange Account Management, employees can easily access and send emails while out and about, while businesses can be sure that confidential information is fully encrypted.
• CTOs can also manage the firewalls in place on mobile devices so they can easily match the settings with their own requirements.
• Device managers will be able to which apps can and cannot be downloaded onto devices, so they are used efficiently and help ensure that potentially harmful apps are avoided.
• CTOs can also manage restrictions around device functions such as WiFi connectivity, SD Card usage USB connections, NFC connections, and client certificate management, so that devices are tailored to meet business needs.
• Additional security measures such as Password Policy can be managed, meaning that device managers can set password expiration time and enforce password change.
Samsung devices also support a wide range of SAP business applications, including the SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) enabling the enterprise sales force to stay connected with customers and allowing SAP to consistently deliver the products and services they need.
Samsung has developed robust, durable and powerful devices capable of meeting the security and reliability needs of enterprise users; it has also been working closely with SAP to provide optimal integration of SAP solutions, providing the best all-round solution to enterprise customers.
Press Resources > Press Release