Samsung Expands Windows 10 Portfolio with the Availability of the New Galaxy TabPro S and Award-Winning Notebook 9 LineShare open/close
Samsung Electronic America announced availability of the Galaxy TabPro S, a two-in-one device created specifically for on-the-go consumers and mobile professionals. The powerful, sleek TabPro S – which runs Windows 10, and features an Intel® Core™ m3 processor – will be available beginning March 18 starting at $899.99 with a full-size ergonomic keyboard with trackpad.
“Today’s consumers and professionals are dynamic and highly mobile, and they demand tablets and laptops to use at the office, at home, or on the go, such as the TabPro S,” said Gary Riding, senior vice president, product marketing at Samsung Electronics America. “Through our longstanding strategic partnerships with Intel and Microsoft, our products deliver power and functionality – all in a beautifully designed device.”
The Galaxy TabPro S with Windows 10 provides true mobile business productivity with its full-size ergonomic keyboard with trackpad, 12-inch Super AMOLED display, a long-lasting 10.5 hour battery, Adaptive Fast-Charging and a streamlined, compact tablet form factor.
Windows 10, which is off to the greatest start in Windows history, offers innovative features such as Cortana, a personal digital assistant; Microsoft Edge, designed to deliver a better web experience; and streaming Xbox One game content to Windows PCs.
“The Galaxy TabPro S is a gorgeous Windows 2-in-1 and a shining example of the great innovations available today for those looking for a Windows 10 device,” said Chris Cocks, vice president, OEM Technical Sales at Microsoft. “The combination of the vivid AMOLED screen, a no compromises keyboard, high-performance speakers and the responsive touchscreen make the Galaxy TabPro S the perfect device for someone in the office, between meetings, or at home relaxing, especially when using Microsoft services such as Office. We’re proud of the work we’ve done with Samsung and Intel to bring the Galaxy TabPro S to customers.”
Galaxy TabPro S features include:
- Super AMOLED display: The first of its kind for Windows, the lightweight, power-efficient 12-inch AMOLED display allows users to work efficiently and enjoy entertainment with unprecedented clarity and color accuracy. The Galaxy TabPro S features a multi-touch screen and deeper color contrast with more than 90 percent of natural tones, to show true-to-life colors and more precise details for a best-in-class viewing experience.
- Powerful PC performance: Bringing PC performance to a tablet, the Galaxy TabPro S runs Windows 10, the best yet from Microsoft. It combines an Intel®Core™ m3 processor with 4 GB RAM + 128 GB solid state drive so you’ll have the power to work and a faster, more reliable place to store your data.
- Productivity anywhere: Working from anywhere is easier than ever – from home to work and everywhere in between. It comes with a full-size, detachable keyboard and integrated touchpad, you can do just about everything you need to do on your tablet, from polishing a presentation to writing a long email.
- Sleek. Stylish.: Thin and light, the Galaxy TabPro S is designed with the sleek lines you expect from Samsung. At .25 inches thin and weighing only 1.5 pounds, Galaxy TabPro S is designed to be easily carried around all day.
For professionals in a number of industries, Windows 10 Professional meets the Galaxy experience with the TabPro S. Professionals can enjoy the productivity features and functionality of the Windows 10 operating system with the look and feel of Samsung’s Galaxy devices to support demanding mobile workforces in financial services, healthcare, retail and more. Windows 10 Professional also ensures compatibility with existing IT infrastructures.
Additional accessories sold separately include a TabPro Pen, which provides a realistic pen experience for annotating, drawing and notetaking and a Multi-port Adapter (HDMI, USB Type A & C) that can increase at-the-desk productivity offering the ability to connect the device to an external display.*
“People today want devices that are thin, light, and responsive,” said Navin Shenoy, corporate vice president in the Client Computing Group and general manager of mobility client platforms at Intel Corporation. “The Notebook 9 series and the Intel®Core™ m3 powered Galaxy TabPro S are sleek, beautiful devices that deliver the performance people expect from Intel. We’re excited about working with Samsung to demonstrate that there has never been a better time to buy a computer.”
In addition to the Galaxy TabPro S, Samsung’s Windows 10 portfolio includes the recently released Notebook 9 13-inch and Notebook 9 15-inch – two new ultra-lightweight laptops in Samsung’s award-winning Notebook 9 line. They are available starting at $999.99 and $1,199.99, respectively. The new 13-inch and 15-inch Notebook 9 laptops, as well as the Notebook 9 pro and Notebook 9 spin, offer sleek, durable designs with vibrant displays and powerful functionality, ideal for today’s mobile users.
Notebook 9 highlights include:
- Thin, light and powerful: Both new Notebook 9s are engineered from aluminum and magnesium alloy for an incredibly light build. At only 1.9 pounds, the 13-inch notebook is the lightest in its class, while the 15-inch weighs less than 2.9 pounds. Whether on a flight or traveling between business meetings, the Notebook 9 won’t weigh users down.
The Notebook 9 is also efficient, with an ultra-fast 6th Gen IntelÒ Core™ i5 or i7 processor, combined with a solid state drive. Ideal for the busy consumer, the 13-inch lasts up to 10 hours on a single charge with the 15-inch lasting up to 12-hours, and with Fast Charging capabilities, it can recharge in about 90 minutes
- Stunning displays: The devices feature an immersive Full HD LED backlighting display with wide viewing angles, and a 180-degree hinge for enhanced usability and content sharing. The unique low-reflective feature ensures brilliant viewing – even in midday sunlight or dimly lit rooms. The micro-thin bezel on the 15-inch model maximizes the display, allowing for even more vibrant screen real estate without adding bulk to the overall build.
- First class security: For professionals, the 13.3-inch Notebook 9 can come equipped with Windows 10 Pro offering enterprise data protection against modern security threats. It also comes with BitLocker®, which uses a TPM microchip to help protect the system and user data and ensure the device is not tampered with, even if left unattended, lost, or stolen.
* TabPro Pen is sold separately
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
* Battery life is based on internal testing conducted by Samsung. Results may differ by usage pattern
* Network availabilities may differ by market
* Portion of memory occupied by existing content
Products > Mobile
Press Resources > Press Release
For any issues related to customer service, please go to
Customer Support page for assistance.
For media inquiries, please click Media Contact to move to the form.