Products > Mobile
Press Resources > Press Release
Samsung Unveils the Galaxy J2 Core; An Introductory Smartphone Packed with Performance
Samsung’s first Android Go device delivers more storage, faster performance and longer battery life
Samsung Electronics today announced its first Android Go smartphone, the Galaxy J2 Core, delivering the essential features smartphone users need at an affordable price.
“At Samsung, we are committed to providing our customers with inspiring technology and leading innovation across all our devices, in every category to fit their needs,” said Junho Park, Vice President of Global Product Planning, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics. “The Galaxy J2 Core offers an smarter and simple user experience with improved battery, storage and performance that is particularly appealing to first time owners.”
The Galaxy J2 Core with Android Go brings improved performance to introductory smartphones by offering long-lasting battery life, spacious storage capacity and lightning-quick processing power and performance.
- Faster Speed and Better Performance: Featuring an Android Oreo(Go edition), the Galaxy J2 Core delivers faster performance speeds compared to the previous models built specifically for Android Oreo(Go1 edition) and Optimized Data Control for easy management without worry of exceeding data limits.
- More Storage Capacity to Enjoy Your Phone: Equipped with more available memory and greater storage capacity, the Galaxy J2 Core has the power and storage needed in a smartphone. Working with Android Oreo (Go edition), it comes pre-loaded with fewer apps that use less memory and storage providing up to 1.5 times the available storage capacity compared to previous offerings.
- All Day Battery Life: Featuring a 2,600 mAh battery with optimized applications, users can enjoy long-lasting smartphone power from morning to night.
Fully Featured, Affordable and Easy to Use
The Galaxy J2 Core was designed to enhance the multi-media experience smartphones are known for while maintaining the traditional look and feel of Samsung Galaxy devices. Featuring a 5-inch qHD display with a resolution of 540 x 960, the Galaxy J2 Core provides a high-quality screen that delivers clear and stunning visuals. Additionally, with its Ultra Data Saving feature, the Galaxy J2 Core provides options and suggestions for efficient data use allowing users to stream and watch their favorite content online without worrying about exceeding their data limit.
The Galaxy J2 Core comes equipped with two cameras: 8MP camera with flash in the rear and 5MP camera in the front. Both cameras have an F 2.2 aperture for improved wide-angle photography, and features such as Beauty Mode are included for users to take better portraits and selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Core will initially be available in Malaysia and India beginning August 24th, 2018 and expand to additional markets in the near future.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core Specifications
|Display||5.0” TFT, 540 x 960|
|Camera||Rear: 8MP F2.2
Front: 5MP F2.2
|Dimension||143.4 x 72.1 x 8.9mm, (154g)|
|Memory||1GB RAM , 8GB|
|OS||Android Oreo (Go edition)|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz), Bluetooth® v 4.2, USB 2.0,
Location (GPS, Glonass, BeiDou*) *BeiDou coverage may be limited.
|Audio||MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, IMY|
|Video||MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, WEBM|
* Features and functions will vary by market and mobile operator
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
1 Optimized Android Oreo(Go edition) applications include Google Go, Assistant Go, YouTube Go, Gboard, Chrome, Maps Go, Files Go, Gmail Go, and Google Play.