Products > Mobile
This is How the Galaxy S6 edge is Put Together
Galaxy S6 and S6 edge will soon start hitting markets around the world and we’ll be seeing a lot of unboxing videos once they do. Well, this is an “in-boxing” video that shows how much care Samsung puts into putting together the intricate Galaxy S6 edge.
From the elegant dual-edge display to the beautiful glass cover to the diamond-cut 6013 aluminum frame, Galaxy S6 edge displays Samsung’s craftsmanship at its best. It’s astonishing how all the cutting edge components are intricately placed to fit in the 142.1 x 70.1 x 7.0mm, 132g body.
The dual-edge display is one of the most iconic parts of the Galaxy S6 edge. The glass is 3D thermoformed to the perfect shape before it covers the flexible display. The rear casing undergoes a nano-thin multi-coating process to show off its luxurious high-gloss color. The metal frame of 6013 aluminum, which is 1.5 times stronger and 1.2 times more scratch-resistant than 6063 aluminum, also has the antenna welded into it. This helps to make the antenna more stable and resilient against external impact, while freeing up more internal space.
The front camera boasts a 5MP image sensor, a bright f/1.9 lens and an automatic HDR feature. So no, it’s not just a secondary camera for limited use, but a great big, bad selfie-machine. (No, we’re not saying it’s bad, we’re saying it’s incredibly good.) The rear camera has an f/1.9 lens and automatic HDR like the front, but it also features a whopping 16MP image sensor as well as features like OIS for shaky hands, tracking autofocus and more.
Galaxy S6 edge has a 2,600mAh battery (2,550 mAh for Galaxy S6) that can be fully fast-charged in about 80 minutes. The embedded wireless charging coil supports both WPC1.1 and PMA 1.0.
Also under the hood are a 64-bit AP made with a 14nm process, an LPDDR4 RAM and a UFS2.0 user memory to process and store the data you use and need.
After all this is put together, the Galaxy S6 edge and other accessories are put into the box and made ready to meet the user it will serve.
For more information about:
- How the glass and metal parts are made, see: Forming Glass, Metal Frame – The Art of Craftsmanship in the Galaxy S6
- Just how good the cameras are, see: Superb Camera: Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge
- The battery and wireless charging technologies, see: Charged Up: Galaxy S6 and S6 edge Lead Smartphone Battery Revolution
- What UFS is and how it’s better than previous memory solutions for mobile devices, see: eMMC to UFS: How NAND Memory for Mobile Products Is Evolving
* All functionality features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation..